Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Love the Railmaster!!!

Here is my 39.2mm Raily on 6 3/4 wrist
    Cheers
    Name:  DSC04627_2_zpsb651c168.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  83.8 KB
    Surfrider, Dreamatorium and dng992 like this.

Flipped the mirror shot...

Name:  DSC04627_2_zpsb651c168.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  86.8 KB
    WISDean, Btreichel87 and dng992 like this.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 x2 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX * Pepsi GMT Master II 126710 * Rolex SubC Hulk * SD43
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA & Aquadive Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842+1923 & Colormark x3 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS, Prospex LE/PADI, SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch x2 * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, SubC ND,
    16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80

On most days the Railmaster is my favorite of all Omegas.
    Great write up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really want one of these I think a railmaster and white/blue AT from the same era are a must!!
    Buchmann69 likes this.

Ugh. I want a 36mm Railmaster deeply.

Just acquired a 1973 DateJust. The size is absolutely perfect on my 6.75 inch wrist.

Funny though, my 145.022-69 Speedmaster doesn't look large on my wrist. I guess it wears smaller.

Anyway, love the Railmaster. It's one of those few watches I could be happy with dumping all others for!
    Pubcrawler and HJR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal10000 View Post
    Ugh. I want a 36mm Railmaster deeply.

Just acquired a 1973 DateJust. The size is absolutely perfect on my 6.75 inch wrist.

Funny though, my 145.022-69 Speedmaster doesn't look large on my wrist. I guess it wears smaller.

Anyway, love the Railmaster. It's one of those few watches I could be happy with dumping all others for!
    A '73 DateJust is nothing to sneeze at, Hal. A vintage DJ is definitely on my hit-list. Put up some pics of it when you get the chance.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Great thread--thank you!

Great thread. Love the 36mm (g)Railmaster, it just oozes class...
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

Further developments in the saga of the stuck bracelet pin... it ended up being so completely stuck that not even a professional jeweler could get it free! I don't know if it had a burr on it or what, but it was really really stuck in there. Even the jeweler said he'd never seen one he couldn't get loose. At least he didn't charge me anything.

So I finally decided the only way to save the bracelet was to cut off the entire link. The other complicating factor was that the link in question was attached to the bracelet clasp, which is expensive, and so of course I didn't want to damage it if I could help it. I considered using my milling machine to do the job, but I was worried about my ability to clamp such a small piece to the worktable. Therefore I decided I could get at it from more angles by holding it in a soft wood-jawed vice and free-handing the cut with a Dremel and fiber cutoff wheel.

Here's the result of the nerve-wracking surgical procedure:

The sharp-eyed will notice that this is a half-link, not a full one. Cutting through a full link would have been even more excruciating! The bit on the side is separated because it's pressed in via another hidden pin, which I had to cut through on the way down to the busted pin. Once I had cut almost, but not quiiiiiiiite through the link, it became flexible enough to finagle it out from the adjoining clasp. And since I didn't cut all the way through, I didn't put a single mark on the clasp at all. Success!

So anyway, at last, the obligatory wrist shot:

Just a perfect size for me. I love it.

I will say that it is a bit of a tight fit right now, so I have another pair of half-links coming to me from Otto Frei. Since a half-link is actually more like a two-thirds link, putting a pair of them together will give me the equivalent of a four-thirds link, which should be about perfect. I've had to play the same trick with other Omegas too. I should write them a letter...

Dear Swatch Group,

I love what you're doing with Omega, but do you think you might possibly look into providing us with a bit of microadjustment on your bracelets? Pretty please.

yours etc,
    -- workahol
    Last edited by workahol; July 15th, 2014 at 14:05.
    Dreamatorium, avusblue and dng992 like this.

Nicely done review, even better the pics !

You've just revived my interest in a 39mm rail master. The hunt begins, er....restarts !

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information