Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy? - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklineWatch View Post
    I actually had that Mr. Seiko beads of rice. That was my first move. Very well made and solid. It just felt a little too bulky to me. Iím not saying Iím not picky. But thatís how I came to settle on true vintage as a goal ó I want the look as well as the feel. The quest continues. Got to always be chasing something in this hobby, and better this than an expensive new piece.
    Another vote for the 1171
    Itís a little pricey I know, but totally worth it, no aftermarket bracelet comes close...

And, your speedy deserves it!

Cheers,
    Rob
    https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/
    TJ Boogie likes this.
    Current:
    Ω Speedmaster 3570.50, Ω Seamaster 2254.50, Tudor Submariner 79090, Seiko 6138-8020, Tudor Black Bay Dark, ♛ Submariner 116610LV, Oris Carl Brashear LE, ♛ GMT Master II 116710BLNR, ♛ GMT Master II 126710BLRO, Ω Seamaster 300 Titanium 233.90.41.21.03.001, Ω Speedmaster - modded with 3570.40 dial & hands, Oris Divers 65 LE for Hodinkee

Gone:
    ♛ Explorer 1 114270; Ω Diver 300 Chrono 213.30.42.40.01.001; Orthos Commander 300; Steinhart Ocean Black DLC; Nezumi Voiture Yellow; Nomos Timeless Club II; NTH Santa Cruz; Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53; Explorer 1 214270; Sinn 856 S Black; Nezumi Voiture White; Ventus Mori Diver M-1V; Undone Urban"Killy"; Sinn 104 A St Sa; Ω Aqua Terra 2503.33; ♛ Polar Explorer 2 16570; Seiko PADI SRPA21; Seiko SBDC053; SeikoSRPC49J1; Oris Divers 65; Ω Planet Ocean 2209.50; DOXA SUB300T Poseidon, WMT Royal Marine, Spinnaker Bradner SP-5062-05, Baltic Aquascaphe (catch and release)

Franco, thank you for the pics 😀. I like the bracelet but not crazy about the clasp... wonder if that could be changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Msiekierski View Post
    Franco, thank you for the pics 😀. I like the bracelet but not crazy about the clasp... wonder if that could be changed...
    The clasp was my chief objection.
    Main Rotation: ROLEX SubC 116610 / OMEGA Speedmaster 3750.50 / OMEGA Aqua Terra 2503.33 / HAMILTON Field Khaki
    Seiko: SRP775 Turtle Reissue / 6139-6002 "Pogue" (blue dial) / 6106 Sea Lion / Orange Monster
    Others: OMEGA 1959 cal. 500 Seamaster / RAYMOND WEIL Othello / LONGINES Tank c. 1940s (currently on the wrist of my lady-friend)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmann69 View Post
    Another vote for the 1171
    Itís a little pricey I know, but totally worth it, no aftermarket bracelet comes close...

And, your speedy deserves it!

Cheers,
    Rob
    https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/
    I mean, youíre probably right. It just burns me that I bought and sold one for half the price point itís at now....
    Buchmann69 likes this.
    Main Rotation: ROLEX SubC 116610 / OMEGA Speedmaster 3750.50 / OMEGA Aqua Terra 2503.33 / HAMILTON Field Khaki
    Seiko: SRP775 Turtle Reissue / 6139-6002 "Pogue" (blue dial) / 6106 Sea Lion / Orange Monster
    Others: OMEGA 1959 cal. 500 Seamaster / RAYMOND WEIL Othello / LONGINES Tank c. 1940s (currently on the wrist of my lady-friend)

Quote Originally Posted by Msiekierski View Post
    Franco, thank you for the pics . I like the bracelet but not crazy about the clasp... wonder if that could be changed...
    I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure it can be changed, very likely attached with spring bars at both ends, but not sure there's anything else in the aftermarket that's better or substantially different...

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I don't like aftermarket bracelets but don't mind aftermarket straps. For some reason I think the steel designed for it should accompany its watch.
    I'd never really thought about it but reading this I realize I'm exactly the same way...

To the OP - sometimes you have to pay to play. If you're miffed about the cost of an 1171, look up some prices on the 1450 bracelet. It will make you feel better.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    How about the Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice for the Speedy? I have one and it's well made with a cool look.
    That... actually looks quite good. Still not for me.

Also, its a bit too shiny.

And what do you think of this combo ? A bit of a mix of a 1450 and 1171...

Name:  20191107_170116.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  571.0 KB

Quick and dirty test. This is the first gen bracelet that came with the Helson Sharkmaster 300 (with the non solid endlinks). I tried with the SELs but could not make it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by franco60 View Post
    I was thinking about selling my Ultraman until I bought the Uncle Seiko BOR. It transformed the whole watch for me. Doubt Iíll ever take it off. Solid individual beads, perfect fit, nice.
    I posted in another thread regarding Uncle Seiko's BOR. I have had issues with mine, to put it lightly.

Both endlinks scratched my case between the lugs, and scratched the underside of the lugs (all 4 lugs). You can see in the photo I quoted above, if you look really closely at the little tabs that are contacting the lugs are NOT sitting perfectly flush. They are tiptoeing for lack of a better term. When the spring bars click in, it pulls those pointy tabs into your lugs tightly causing some fairly noticeable scratches.

The clasp is very flimsy and feels cheap (Although I am comparing it to the OEM Speedmaster clasp, which isn't a super fair comparison I admit).

The actual bracelet / links are nice and solid, but it doesn't wear as "silky" as you would expect. The actual rice beads can bump into each other when you bend the bracelet, resulting it in not "curving" as smoothly in some situations. IE: if you grab 2 ends of the bracelet and try to do a "wave", it will get caught and stuck at certain points.

So my workaround (when I actually wear this bracelet), was to sand down the curved endlinks where it contacts the watch case. It is now SIGNIFICANTLY smoother than before (it was noticeably rough before). And applied thin strips of tape under the lugs to sorta prevent scratches and gouges that the endlink tabs can cause. My advice to anyone who is interested in this bracelet is to do what I did. Run your fingers along the curvature of the endlinks and make sure it is silky smooth (and I mean PERFECTLY smooth) before you install it. Also, consider protecting the bottom of your lugs if that matters to you. (Sanding the tabs don't help, as the issue again, is that they aren't sitting flat to begin with).

Hope I'm not coming off as a Uncle Seiko BOR hater or anything. I just wanted to warn potential buyers to diligently inspect your endlinks before installing onto your valuable speedies!
    MaxIcon likes this.
    Zenith Sporto 1956
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite - Mitsukoshi Dial / Apollo Soyuz Hands / Sapphire Caseback
    Seiko SKX013 - MOD

Quote Originally Posted by franco60 View Post
    I was thinking about selling my Ultraman until I bought the Uncle Seiko BOR. It transformed the whole watch for me. Doubt Iíll ever take it off. Solid individual beads, perfect fit, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing the pic. I have an ultraman and haven't found the perfect strap yet, but that really looks good. I agree about the clasp not being my ideal look. There were a few posts saying as much in an Omegaforums thread where UncleSeiko took some ideas for a new speedy bracelet. Hopefully, the next one will be a little more omega-ish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information