Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Been looking for a fun vintage bracelet for my Speedy that is more affordable. The 1171 is too expensive (I had one and stupidly sold it for less than half what they are going for now). The classic JB Champion is also very expensive and I know I wonít dig the 1mm gap between it and the lugs.

But what do you all think of the alternate JB Champion below? The pic is stolen from a seller on eBay, and I bet he is on here, so I apologize. But depending on how this thread goes, you might make a sale!

Main Rotation: ROLEX SubC 116610 / OMEGA Speedmaster 3750.50 / OMEGA Aqua Terra 2503.33 / HAMILTON Field Khaki
    Seiko: SRP775 Turtle Reissue / 6139-6002 "Pogue" (blue dial) / 6106 Sea Lion / Orange Monster
    Others: OMEGA 1959 cal. 500 Seamaster / RAYMOND WEIL Othello / LONGINES Tank c. 1940s (currently on the wrist of my lady-friend)

Re: Thoughts on this bracelet for a Speedy?

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I would look on EBAY or C24 to try to get an 1171. Lowest price on EBAY I see today is $469. Make an offer.

Another Idea is to get a NATO, lots of colors and varieties, and a Speedy looks good on a NATO and they are pretty cheap, try Blu shark or any other NATO seller.

Third idea is to get an Omega deployant buckle. A generic steel Omega deployant 18mm is around $30 all over the internet. Pick out some nice leather croc straps also in the $30 dollar range and have a super nice looking watch. The straps need to be for the Omega deployant 20mm at the watch,18mm at the clasp end. Have fun with it.

Forget to mention, double check the widths because I have Omega MOTM 42mm hesalite, and these are the strap dimensions for my watch. Forget there are smaller cased watches out there.
    Last edited by rado63; 1 Week Ago at 01:06.

Thanks for the response. I have had natos and leather straps galore (both OEM and aftermarket) for this Speedy. I am really after a vintage stainless steel bracket. Iíd rather try something new than reacquire an 1171, and I am trying to keep this under $150 or thereabouts.

I am guessing from the general lack of enthusiasm, people are not digging the bracelet.
    Main Rotation: ROLEX SubC 116610 / OMEGA Speedmaster 3750.50 / OMEGA Aqua Terra 2503.33 / HAMILTON Field Khaki
    Seiko: SRP775 Turtle Reissue / 6139-6002 "Pogue" (blue dial) / 6106 Sea Lion / Orange Monster
    Others: OMEGA 1959 cal. 500 Seamaster / RAYMOND WEIL Othello / LONGINES Tank c. 1940s (currently on the wrist of my lady-friend)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't like aftermarket bracelets but don't mind aftermarket straps. For some reason I think the steel designed for a watch should accompany its watch. Maybe it's because bracelets are forever and straps wear out? I have swapped Omega bracelets between models when I had a set of SMPs.

Nothing wrong with doing it. It's just not for me.

I personally wouldn't like the look.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 5 Days Ago at 05:06.
    hidden by leaves likes this.

It's a classic vintage bracelet look, so if it's comfortable and the end link fit is good, it might be worth a gamble. Maybe not a traditional Speedy look, but that's OK.

The problem with vintage bracelets is you never know until they're in hand whether the quality, fit, and comfort are what you'd expect.

How about the Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice for the Speedy? I have one and it's well made with a cool look.

Name:  s378755113293535586_p215_i24_w2560.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  1.51 MB

[QUOTE=rfortson;50236523]How about the Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice for the Speedy? I have one and it's well made with a cool look.

What a great vintage look! 10/10
    Best Regards,

--Todd

Could any of you guys post the reverse side of that Bead of Rice bracelet? And the clasp, please? It has a great vintage look

I actually had that Mr. Seiko beads of rice. That was my first move. Very well made and solid. It just felt a little too bulky to me. Iím not saying Iím not picky. But thatís how I came to settle on true vintage as a goal ó I want the look as well as the feel. The quest continues. Got to always be chasing something in this hobby, and better this than an expensive new piece.
    rfortson and TJ Boogie like this.

I was thinking about selling my Ultraman until I bought the Uncle Seiko BOR. It transformed the whole watch for me. Doubt Iíll ever take it off. Solid individual beads, perfect fit, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TJ Boogie and waruilewi like this.
    "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information