Thoughts: Service Speedy And Sell, Or Just Sell As It Is? - Page 4
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Thoughts: Service Speedy And Sell, Or Just Sell As It Is?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Thoughts: Service Speedy And Sell, Or Just Sell As It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
    If there were two speedies, same model and same year and similar condition, available...
    The first one with a price of $3,500 and no mention of service at all in the advert. The second priced at $4,000 and the seller mentions they have recently serviced it.

I reckon the vast majority will always go for the cheaper one and get it serviced themselves at some stage.
    Don't service it, sell as is.
    Iím fairly new to watches, but I had the opposite thoughts. Recent service was a requirement in my search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    _Harrison

In my opinion you should sell as is

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Hi Paul, basically I've found myself wearing it less and less. I know these aren't waterproof per se, but over time its annoyed me having to remember to take it off. It's one of those watches that I love looking at photos of, but not wearing it. When this Speedy is sold, I will be back to just having the PO like I did back in 2013. I'm currently debating picking up another Sub. I'm stuck deciding between a 14060m COSC or the 114060. No rush this time. I will be going to try both on several times at grey dealers in London until I can decide which I like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsky View Post
    Dan,
    Canít you give us some idea of why youíre selling? I mean you just bought the thing like a month ago and seemed so stoked. I mean if itís to fund another purchase that would make total sense. Happened to me recently. Bought a nice Longines and then decided if I didnít get a Rolex grail now Iíd never be able to afford it. So out went the Longines unfortunately.
    But to answer your question, I recall you saying that you got a great deal on it. That means you could probably sell it without losing much. You might be able to sell it for more if you get it serviced, but will it compensate the cost of the service and the hassle, while also making you some money? Doubt it.
    Paulsky likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

Gone

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I put another vote in for selling 'as is' as long as you're honest about the fact is likely needs servicing. Perhaps even get it time-tested and provide how well it's keeping time. Some people don't mind a little less precision and would be happy to save the few bucks.

If it is working fine, sell it as is; cause servicing won't added monetary value, but might sell it faster
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko - Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard - Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor - Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 - SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines -Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko - Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Hi Paul, basically I've found myself wearing it less and less. I know these aren't waterproof per se, but over time its annoyed me having to remember to take it off. It's one of those watches that I love looking at photos of, but not wearing it. When this Speedy is sold, I will be back to just having the PO like I did back in 2013. I'm currently debating picking up another Sub. I'm stuck deciding between a 14060m COSC or the 114060. No rush this time. I will be going to try both on several times at grey dealers in London until I can decide which I like the most.
    I guess that’s the curse that comes with this hobby. You think you want a watch but you can never truly know until you live with it for a while. And since most of us don’t have the luxury of borrowing a piece for a couple of weeks to see how it feels, the only way to know is to purchase.
    My unsolicited advice would be to wait a few weeks or even months. I’ve owned a Speedy a couple of times, flipped it each time and regretted it enough afterwards to buy another one. Unless you absolutely need to sell it to acquire another piece why not sit on it for a while and see how your feelings evolve. I mean it’s not like it’s going to be losing value in the meantime. Just a friendly suggestion. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

It really is a curse. This isn't my first Speedy. I had a sapphire sandwich back in 2012. Sold it on in 6 weeks. Hated the miky ring. The hesalite answers that, but I still find it lacking. I don't need to sell, but will. Once this rot sets in a watch is usually doomed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsky View Post
    I guess that’s the curse that comes with this hobby. You think you want a watch but you can never truly know until you live with it for a while. And since most of us don’t have the luxury of borrowing a piece for a couple of weeks to see how it feels, the only way to know is to purchase.
    My unsolicited advice would be to wait a few weeks or even months. I’ve owned a Speedy a couple of times, flipped it each time and regretted it enough afterwards to buy another one. Unless you absolutely need to sell it to acquire another piece why not sit on it for a while and see how your feelings evolve. I mean it’s not like it’s going to be losing value in the meantime. Just a friendly suggestion. Good luck to you whatever you decide.
    Paulsky likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

Gone

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich