Is it time to regulate my Speedy Pro? or something worse?

Thread: Is it time to regulate my Speedy Pro? or something worse?

Is it time to regulate my Speedy Pro? or something worse?

I just realised that my recently (3 days ago) acquired Speedy Pro is running +12 seconds in about 12 hours!! .

Is there something seriously wrong with the movement? Or is it just a matter of imperfect regulation?

Everything else checks out perfectly - chrono is working beautifully, chronograph buttons, winding and adjusting the watch "feels" right (no strange sounds too). I've been reading about the reliability and accuracy of the cal. 1861 and that's making me think I've just bought a lemon.

I really hope I don't have to send the watch back all the way to Switzerland.

If there is an issue with the movement, is it grounds for an immediate replacement?
    ---
    Sinn U1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Re: Is it time to regulate my Speedy Pro? or something worse?

Maybe you should just bring it local jewelry shop for slight time adjustment?

Re: Is it time to regulate my Speedy Pro? or something worse?

This depends on your AD and what his policy on returns is. Since your watch is running well out of Omega's tolerances (even for non-COSC certified watches) and is only 3 days old, most AD's would be willing to swap it out for a replacement. They can send yours back to Omega as defective and get full credit for it. Some AD's will try to tell you that they have to send the watch back to Omega for you and that it could take 6-8 weeks (or longer) for repairs. This is why any reputable AD will simply exchange the watch for you. Why should you be without a watch for weeks or months, given that you just shelled out thousands of dollars and have had it for all of 3 days? I would politely explain this to your AD when you take the watch back.

Good luck,
    John

Thread Information