A Tough Decision - Page 11
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: A Tough Decision

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: A Tough Decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

I highly encourage you to try it on on the rubber strap. It is really, really nice and comfortable. I think you'd be sold. If the AT had a bracelet that allowed any adjustment I think it would be THE perfect do-it-all watch.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    Seiko SRPC39
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

that Nato up there is not exactly „contrasting“, Dan.

I must admit I am not a fan at all of blue straps of any kind. Sure, the pics with the rubber and Nato are nice, but I would never wear one. It also restricts versatility but as you would also consider the bracelet it is all good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Morning All,

So this post is the mother of all decisions. Aren't they always though?? So Joking aside, I have a bit of a conundrum. My life is moving in a different direction now and having multiples of watches, bicycles etc are being reduced to singles to help fund this change in life. I can pick up more bikes and watches when this change is complete. They're only luxury items and I've always been willing to move them on if needs be. So here is the watch issue.

Do I keep the PO LM LE or the Submariner 14060m?

A little history on both.

Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition of 1948 Pieces

Attachment 14566929

Bought from an AD back in 2011. Often referred to as "the" PO to own. A transitional model that comes with the 2500 case thickness in 42mm, with ceramic dial and liquidmetal bezel. It's the only watch I've kept hold of. I keep it on OEM rubber strap and deployant clasp and it wears beautifully. It dresses up or down with ease and the shiny aspects really help in this regard. The thickness has never been an issue, but it wears a little larger now as I'm much slimmer than I was when I bought it. Not a deal breaker but I'm aware of it.

Rolex Submariner 14060m

Attachment 14566931

I bought this watch last month. It's the classic Submariner. The beautiful classic case shape with slender lugs, two lines of text on the dial, no date clutter. It has an alumnium bezel insert which gives its a little shine, but it's much more understated than the PO. A classic tool watch if you like. It's also a strap monster and rocks a NATO like no other watch, except maybe a Speedmaster. It also dresses up or down easily. It wears small on the wrist and I don't notice I'm wearing it half the time.

So which one do I keep? I know it's ultimately my decision and this one is tough. I have a little while to make my decision however.

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a good day.
    Keep the one that has the most sentimental value to you. Depending on why you are selling you probably can get more money for the Sub, they are both classic beautiful watches. I have a 2004 Sub 16610 and PO 8500, very similar to you have. I'd sell my Omega because I received the Submariner for my college graduation, I think my dad paid $3,800 from the AD!!!

A word of warning if considering the AT rubber strap. Buy it on rubber and add the bracelet. Its against the usual rule of buying on bracelet but its silly money if purchased afterwards. When I looked at mine there was also a wait for the little bars too.

I have an AT and I love it. Buy it on the rubber if you decide to go this route. It is worth mentioning however, that the lume on the AT is frustratingly poor. in the dark, when the minute hand is over one of the hour markers you literally cannot tell what time it is.

The AT might be the best GADA watch.
    solesman and HiggsBoson like this.

I was just googling your watch and based on date window positioning its 38.5mm. Basically a "Skyfall" minus the date window and comes with PCL's and Master Co-Ax movement. Agree it's a perfect fit. I'm wondering if the smaller by .5mm new version will wear ok. Find out soon hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    The AT is a great watch. It's one of my favourite watches in my collection. Size wise, the 39.5 is wonderful fit on my 17cm wrists.
    I actually think the AT is very underrated, by many.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Wow, Dan. I have been away for a while, now I have been trying to get caught up on your thread. Looks like you are really on a mission to be a "One Watch Guy". Nothing wrong with that at all! Matter of fact, it has been a consideration for me as well.

The AT 150M at 38mm is a great choice. It is really a perfect size IMO, actually for any wrist, large or smaller. Well built and robust, you can dress it up or down. My personal feeling is that Omega has developed the AT to where it is now the best it has ever been. The horizontal "waves" and date window at 6 really add a lot of interest.

Not a surprise you kind of got bored with the Sub, although after you got it, I thought you had found "the One". Funny how are tastes change sometimes, almost overnight. I wore my 114060 for a week, then put it in rotation, then didn't wear it at all. But that's OK, too. I'm sure you have no regrets either, whether you lose money, break even, or make money, it is all about the excitement we get when we acquire a new timepiece. And, as I know over the years, you have had a lot of fun with your various watches.

I will be eagerly checking back to see what you finally end up with!

Cheers,
    Carl
    NMGE17 likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Hi Dan,
    I may be too late to this thread to influence but I’ll try anyway.

Remember, I bought my PO2500 42” almost exactly the same time as you and I used to joke I’d have yours off you one day?

Well, fast forward a number of years and ....... a year ago my late mum gave me some money to buy my Doxa sub silver lung just before she passed away. I then bought the new Seamaster 300. Then when we started a lot of house renovations, some additional money was needed ....the silver lung couldn’t go (how could it), the Seamaster was new and I was still in that new watch honeymoon period (still am really), so both PO2500’s went!

Didn’t really miss the Orange one but the black bezel, orange numbers one that I got at the same time as you, I regret selling pretty much EVERY day. As others stated, I miss it on an emotional level mainly, as I bought it new and wore it 90% of the time through life’s adventures.

It’s only a watch at the end of the day, but a bloody stupid decision none the less.

Be sure before you sell as you are unlikely to get that one back.

Anyway, hope you’re well fella?
    Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information