A Tough Decision - Page 4
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: A Tough Decision

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: A Tough Decision

+1 on not asking in the Rolex forum. Youll just get told how crap the PO is and how to manage your life properly. Thats a tough decision though but if youre heading to a one watch person (something I intend to do at some point but keep failing) that PO has to be pretty good option. Setting aside the Sub being a classic, we all know this, youve got a modern classic in that particular model and its a little more under the radar than the sub. Its a close call though with that particular sub. Youve clearly got a good eye for the details. What about selling all your bikes to justify keeping both watches? Winter is on the way and you could live without a bike for a few weeks(days). Then treat yourself to a "little runaround bike". That would be my workaround. Although it wouldnt end up being a runaround bike but we will deal with that at a later date.

I also vote for the PO. I love that you are the original owner and it is the only watch you have never sold off. That says something I think. And this is just my opinion, I think the PO is a nicer watch. Looks fantastic

Loose the Sub. It is arguably one of the most popular watches in the world, which you could always pick up later at whatever the market price is at that time. LE watches are tougher to re-acquire once you let them go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own a 2-line 14060m Sub and a 2500 PO, albeit not the LM LE.

I bought the Sub because of its versatility. Lug holes, can work with almost every strap and almost every outfit. Pick it up, but it on and go. It's wonderful in that regard. It covers just about any gap I have in my collection.

But ... I find myself rarely wearing it. I just don't find it has the personality of my some of my other pieces. Some of the same traits that make it so versatile almost make it ... sterile. I can't tell if it's the ubititiousness of it or spending too much time on these forums or the fact that i've had other black divers before, but while I don't find any flaws in it, I also don't find much personality in it, and since my collection has a few other pieces to it, I can usually find something else which matches the level of dress and is more visually interesting.

That being said, I often times play the mental game of "if I could only keep 3 pieces, which ones would I keep? What if I trimmed down to 2? What if I went for 1 watch?" And a lot of times the sub is in the running. Why? It's just so damned versatile. And if I could only have one watch, i'd want one that I could wear with anything, that would work on a number of straps and that would have lug holes. I think if I had bought the sub first (and stayed off these forums...) i'd probably love the thing. It would satisfy me in a 1 or 2 watch collection much more than it does in a 6 watch collection, in a weird way.

I guess what i'm saying is, I find the PO LM LE to be the more interesting watch and the one I lust over more, but if I truly could only have one watch, I might go for the sub.
    Current: Ω Aqua Terra 8500 | Ω Planet Ocean 2500 | Ω Speedmaster 375.0043 | Rolex Pepsi 126710BLRO | Rolex Submariner 14060 | Rolex "Polar" Explorer II 216570
    Gone, but not forgotten: Ω SMPc 2500 | Rolex 16700 Pepsi

If you cut me, I bleed Omega red; however, I'm not sure there is a more classic and comfortable sports watch than a 5 (or 4) digit non date Sub, in my opinion.

Hey Guys,

thanks so much for the interesting responses to this. The PO seems to be the favoured choice. I'm a little surprised even if this is the Omega forum. I had them side by side last night pouring over the details. The PO really does have a lot more going on I feel. Not as in a busy sense, just the way the lyre lugs catch the light, the applied details on the dial, the pop of colour on the seconds hand and red dial text. Subtle but its there hidden in plain sight. The Sub, well its a Sub? It's understated and does what it says on the tin. Maybe its a touch too ordinary? The safe choice? I bought it as its more under the radar than the 6 digit Sub that I flipped. Still, many have recognised it!

The history I have with the PO I hadn't really thought about until you guys mentioned it. We have been on a lot of adventures and now I think about it, that stands for a lot. The fact it's an LE etc doesn't really figure. I bought it as I thought it was the most beautiful watch ever at the time. The mulling continues
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Some photos I took back when I first got the PO.

Name:  IMG_7560.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  205.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7564.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  223.4 KB
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post

A seriously beautiful watch.
    keisuke_z likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post

Keep the PO!

The other day at sunset...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster