A Tough Decision - Page 6
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: A Tough Decision

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: A Tough Decision

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Never a truer word spoken haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha - it’s true that this place breeds insanity. Before I discovered any forums I only had one watch which I wore for everything, which I would now class as too delicate and inappropriate for everyday wear and I would be worried about splashing with water whilst washing the dishes.... ignorance was bliss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save up for the Sub and add it to your collection. A good PO LM LE is hard to find. Wait until the market crashes and jump in to the Sub boat.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Hey Guys,

thanks so much for the interesting responses to this. The PO seems to be the favoured choice. I'm a little surprised even if this is the Omega forum. I had them side by side last night pouring over the details. The PO really does have a lot more going on I feel. Not as in a busy sense, just the way the lyre lugs catch the light, the applied details on the dial, the pop of colour on the seconds hand and red dial text. Subtle but its there hidden in plain sight. The Sub, well its a Sub? It's understated and does what it says on the tin. Maybe its a touch too ordinary? The safe choice? I bought it as its more under the radar than the 6 digit Sub that I flipped. Still, many have recognised it!

The history I have with the PO I hadn't really thought about until you guys mentioned it. We have been on a lot of adventures and now I think about it, that stands for a lot. The fact it's an LE etc doesn't really figure. I bought it as I thought it was the most beautiful watch ever at the time. The mulling continues
    Dan, I think you said it in the last sentence: “I bought it as I thought it was the most beautiful watch ever at the time.” Same thing I have been doing for as long as I can remember, and now paying for it. Buying a watch because I think it is beautiful, and trying to imagine myself wearing it on various occasions, so I can talk myself into getting it. Most recently was the gorgeous FOIS Sedna Gold, which I have sold. I hardly ever wore it! I forced myself to wear it a few times just to convince myself I should keep it.

As I see your current situation, I really believe you get far more pleasure out of the Sub, although you still admire the beauty of the PO. And it is beautiful, and you know I love it as well, but my heart says that if you can only keep one, hang on to the Sub! I honestly cannot believe I just said that!!! Don’t keep the PO just because you feel you “should” because of it’s beauty. The Sub is every bit as beautiful, just in different ways and for your lifestyle I think a lot more versatile. And I wouldn’t be bothered about what you can or cannot get later.

I never wanted you to sell that PO, but I honestly think it would be a mistake to sell the Sub. If you keep the PO you will always be looking for something more versatile, I believe.

Wow, I knew what you were going to present to us just by the title of your thread. My immediate reaction was keep the sub. Anyway, can’t wait to hear your decision. Will definitely be in my thoughts!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Sloopjohnb likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Expensive, therefore Sub should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Dan, I think you said it in the last sentence: “I bought it as I thought it was the most beautiful watch ever at the time.” Same thing I have been doing for as long as I can remember, and now paying for it. Buying a watch because I think it is beautiful, and trying to imagine myself wearing it on various occasions, so I can talk myself into getting it. Most recently was the gorgeous FOIS Sedna Gold, which I have sold. I hardly ever wore it! I forced myself to wear it a few times just to convince myself I should keep it.

As I see your current situation, I really believe you get far more pleasure out of the Sub, although you still admire the beauty of the PO. And it is beautiful, and you know I love it as well, but my heart says that if you can only keep one, hang on to the Sub! I honestly cannot believe I just said that!!! Don’t keep the PO just because you feel you “should” because of it’s beauty. The Sub is every bit as beautiful, just in different ways and for your lifestyle I think a lot more versatile. And I wouldn’t be bothered about what you can or cannot get later.

I never wanted you to sell that PO, but I honestly think it would be a mistake to sell the Sub. If you keep the PO you will always be looking for something more versatile, I believe.

Wow, I knew what you were going to present to us just by the title of your thread. My immediate reaction was keep the sub. Anyway, can’t wait to hear your decision. Will definitely be in my thoughts!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Do I detect someone looking to add a PO LM LE to their collection?
    Removing the Sent from my xPhone using Tapatalk spam from your signature is really easy. Please take a moment to do it.
    ---

Lol,

I don‘t want your PO, Dan, but Carl is very right, you always bought something else although you had the PO. And there must be a reason why you have chosen a Sub for the second time.

A Tough Decision

Given Rolex is going to address the demand issue with a new factory. The Sub mayhave peaking in price?
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Given Rolex is going to address the demand issue with a new factory. The Sub mayhave peaking in price?
    Interesting! Where did you hear this little 'nugget'??
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

A Tough Decision

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    Interesting! Where did you hear this little 'nugget'??
    An AD, but I did take it with a pinch of salt. Hence my ? At the end of the sentence.

I guess it's not true?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    Interesting! Where did you hear this little 'nugget'?? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG]
    An AD, but I did take it with a pinch of salt. Hence my ? At the end of the sentence.

I guess it's not true?
    Doesn't seem like Rolex or a good move. Why not just increase MSRP instead to semi-meet demand and pocket the boat load of money they stand to make in doing so?
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    G Shock: MTG-B1000D-1A,
    GW-9400-3, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-B5600GZ-1, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-M5610MW-7JF, GW-M5610MD-7JF, GW-B5600BC-1ER, GW-B5600-2ER, GW-B5600HR-1, GW-5000-1JF, GM-5600B-3, GA-2100-4AER, DW-5600SK-1

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast