A Tough Decision - Page 8
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: A Tough Decision

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: A Tough Decision

At this moment in time I feel that the PO is still the watch for me. As much as I like the Sub, the PO just makes the heart dance. I still have time to ponder it more, but having worn the PO all weekend Iím certainly feeling itís the one to hold onto going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

A Tough Decision

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    At this moment in time I feel that the PO is still the watch for me. As much as I like the Sub, the PO just makes the heart dance. I still have time to ponder it more, but having worn the PO all weekend Iím certainly feeling itís the one to hold onto going forward.

Good move! And not because I'm an Omega fanboy, but because the watch has more history with you.

Are you sure you can't make a situation where you can keep both?
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:12.

Morning All,

So this post is the mother of all decisions. Aren't they always though?? So Joking aside, I have a bit of a conundrum. My life is moving in a different direction now and having multiples of watches, bicycles etc are being reduced to singles to help fund this change in life. I can pick up more bikes and watches when this change is complete. They're only luxury items and I've always been willing to move them on if needs be. So here is the watch issue.

Do I keep the PO LM LE or the Submariner 14060m?

A little history on both.

Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition of 1948 Pieces

Attachment 14566929

Bought from an AD back in 2011. Often referred to as "the" PO to own. A transitional model that comes with the 2500 case thickness in 42mm, with ceramic dial and liquidmetal bezel. It's the only watch I've kept hold of. I keep it on OEM rubber strap and deployant clasp and it wears beautifully. It dresses up or down with ease and the shiny aspects really help in this regard. The thickness has never been an issue, but it wears a little larger now as I'm much slimmer than I was when I bought it. Not a deal breaker but I'm aware of it.

Rolex Submariner 14060m

Attachment 14566931

I bought this watch last month. It's the classic Submariner. The beautiful classic case shape with slender lugs, two lines of text on the dial, no date clutter. It has an alumnium bezel insert which gives its a little shine, but it's much more understated than the PO. A classic tool watch if you like. It's also a strap monster and rocks a NATO like no other watch, except maybe a Speedmaster. It also dresses up or down easily. It wears small on the wrist and I don't notice I'm wearing it half the time.

So which one do I keep? I know it's ultimately my decision and this one is tough. I have a little while to make my decision however.

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a good day.
    I came into this thread a bit late. By all means keep the 14060M as re-acquisition at a later time will likely be significantly more expensive to replace down the line. At one time I owned the same 14060M no date Submariner and wish Iíd held onto mine.

Although the 114060 bracelet is far superior to that of its five-digit predecessor, the latter can easily be worn on strap or NATO, unlike the larger six-digit iteration. Also the 14060 case is slightly thinner than that of the 16610 date Submariner, whereas both the 116610 and 114060 share the same case. This IMO makes the 14060 and 14060M rather unique. In any case my input is DONíT SELL YOUR 14060M!!
    carlhaluss likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Morning All,

So this post is the mother of all decisions. Aren't they always though?? So Joking aside, I have a bit of a conundrum. My life is moving in a different direction now and having multiples of watches, bicycles etc are being reduced to singles to help fund this change in life. I can pick up more bikes and watches when this change is complete. They're only luxury items and I've always been willing to move them on if needs be. So here is the watch issue.

Do I keep the PO LM LE or the Submariner 14060m?

A little history on both.

Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition of 1948 Pieces

Attachment 14566929

Bought from an AD back in 2011. Often referred to as "the" PO to own. A transitional model that comes with the 2500 case thickness in 42mm, with ceramic dial and liquidmetal bezel. It's the only watch I've kept hold of. I keep it on OEM rubber strap and deployant clasp and it wears beautifully. It dresses up or down with ease and the shiny aspects really help in this regard. The thickness has never been an issue, but it wears a little larger now as I'm much slimmer than I was when I bought it. Not a deal breaker but I'm aware of it.

Rolex Submariner 14060m

Attachment 14566931

I bought this watch last month. It's the classic Submariner. The beautiful classic case shape with slender lugs, two lines of text on the dial, no date clutter. It has an alumnium bezel insert which gives its a little shine, but it's much more understated than the PO. A classic tool watch if you like. It's also a strap monster and rocks a NATO like no other watch, except maybe a Speedmaster. It also dresses up or down easily. It wears small on the wrist and I don't notice I'm wearing it half the time.

So which one do I keep? I know it's ultimately my decision and this one is tough. I have a little while to make my decision however.

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a good day.
    I'd keep the PO. No one cares if you're wearing a sub and if they do half the time they're wondering if you're wearing a replica anyway. The prestige is in your mind when you decide to just like what you actually like. Plus you'll never get the PO back after selling it to me.
    carlhaluss likes this.

A Tough Decision

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I came into this thread a bit late. By all means keep the 14060M as re-acquisition at a later time will likely be significantly more expensive to replace down the line. At one time I owned the same 14060M no date Submariner and wish Iíd held onto mine.
    If based on finances, there is a risk the Sub is at or close to its peak given the demand the 'shortage' created.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    I'd keep the PO. No one cares if you're wearing a sub and if they do half the time they're wondering if you're wearing a replica anyway. The prestige is in your mind when you decide to just like what you actually like. Plus you'll never get the PO back after selling it to me.
    Haha! I get what your saying. Iíve been asked if my Sub was real many times with my now sold 114060. Not with the 14060M however.

Agree. Itís all about what you truly love.

Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    If based on finances, there is a risk the Sub it at or close to its peak given the demand the 'shortage' created.
    Possibly with the Ceramic six digit Subís, but this reference was discontinued in 2010 so that may not apply. If it tanks Iím not fussed anyway.

Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

PO LM for absolutely sure. You can find a Sub anywhere, but those LMs are beautiful, versatile, valuable, and tough to find. Keep it.

In the collection:
    β SuperOcean Hťritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    F10 5-Series (daily)
    Audi Q3 (hers)

A Tough Decision

I was fortunate enough to purchase a PO LM LE some years back and it is a beautiful watch. My true love will always be the standard 42 mm PO but my second love is the LE. The 2500 version really is the original and best PO.

Sub looks nice but it lacks the class of a PO LM LE in my opinion.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Baz44; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:02.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

Hey Baz! Good to see you on here. Agree with all you've said. The Sub will be relatively easy to find should I wish to pick up another further down the road. I'm yet to buy the same model twice so that would be an unlikely scenario. Always looking forward as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to purchase a PO LM LE some years back and it is a beautiful watch. My true love will always be the standard 42 mm PO but my second love is the LE. The 2500 version really is the original and best PO.

Sub looks nice but it lacks the class of a PO LM LE in my opinion.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster