A Tough Decision - Page 9
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: A Tough Decision

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 140
  1. #81
    Member rjohnson56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,614

    A Tough Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Haha! I get what your saying. Iíve been asked if my Sub was real many times with my now sold 114060. Not with the 14060M however.

    Agree. Itís all about what you truly love.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And for me a watch is much more valuable with all the memories of your loved ones attached.
    solesman likes this.

  2. #82
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,302

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson56 View Post
    And for me a watch is much more valuable with all the memories of your loved ones attached.
    As much as I love the PO and associated memories I have to accept that it now wears too large for me. Itís a real shame, but Iím in the shape of my life and putting on 5kg to allow me to wear it is out of the question. Pains me to say it, but Iíll have to move it on when I get the courage


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  3. #83
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,302

    Re: A Tough Decision



    Too big.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sloopjohnb and EightEyes like this.
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #84
    Member Sloopjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Good decision Dan. My saying all the time, and you know where I came from with the 41mm AT and the 300MC. Beautiful but unfortunately not for me and my small wrist.
    solesman likes this.

  6. #85
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,302

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Good decision Dan. My saying all the time, and you know where I came from with the 41mm AT and the 300MC. Beautiful but unfortunately not for me and my small wrist.
    I hear you mate. Itís a tough pill to swallow. I tried on this AT 41mm the other day. Loved it, but be the judge on how it looks.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  7. #86
    Member Sloopjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Too big, Dan. That was already my thought when I saw those pics somewhere else the other day. It looked the same on my wrist. No lug overhang but much too much dial. Have you tried the 38mm?
    Or what do you think about the old 37.5mm 8500 PO? Or the current 39.5mm PO (which I find too glossy and I don‘t like the new numerals).

    Could it be that you are pondering selling both and buying one new allrounder? If that is the case and you are open to other brands here is one I once tried on and which looked fantastic on my wrist. The 2015 Laureus LE Ingenieur. 40mm, Genta, only 10mm high and 100m WR. Was also available in black as a regular edition. If I hadn‘t bought the AT a few months earlier and was highly interested in the just announced 300MC this could have very well been my one and only. As much as I love my 300 LE, this Ingenieur still really tempts me (in blue or black).

    pic courtesy of Monochrome

    Name:  10923B17-E6FC-40CD-8FFF-4FD042862006.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  90.2 KB
    Last edited by Sloopjohnb; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:34.

  8. #87
    Member anonymousmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    8,786

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post

    Too big.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think so

  9. #88
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,302

    Re: A Tough Decision

    You hit the nail on the head. Lugs not an issue, but the dial is too much. Instagram is awash with photos of small waisted people trying to pull off 41mm AT's. I haven't tried the 38 yet, but this reference is mighty tempting. I'll also check out the black, but blue sings much louder currently.

    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...003001I've

    I've read that buying the rubber and associated pieces is more expensive than buying the bracelet. I will check with the OB manager to confirm this, but I like the idea, of rubber, bracelet and a contrasting NATO for this one. The realisation is I'm not going to find a 38mm dive watch with all the details I seek (no date, lack of HE valve, modern, but neither dressy nor toolish looking. An overall "one watch" has always been a dream. I'll never have a PP 5711 so the AT would be a good next choice. The 36mm RM was a little too plain (I see the attraction though) ,Rolex Explorer 36mm (so dull, missing the 12 numeral) not a fan of the IWC you posted, Datejust 36mm (I tried a few on. Stunning, but a little too dressy) Wears like a dream on the wrist though. 39.5mm PO I'm not a fan. The HE valve is so big on the most recent PO releases. The 37.5mm looks weird with the date window position. Fussy I know, but?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Too big, Dan. That was already my thought when I saw those pics somewhere else the other day. It looked the same on my wrist. No lug overhang but much too much dial. Have you tried the 38mm?
    Or what do you think about the old 37.5mm 8500 PO? Or the current 39.5mm PO (which I find too glossy and I don‘t like the new numerals).

    Could it be that you are pondering selling both and buying one new allrounder? If that is the case and you are open to other brands here is one I once tried on and which looked fantastic on my wrist. The 2015 Laureus LE Ingenieur. 40mm, Genta, only 10mm high and 100m WR. Was also available in black as a regular edition. If I hadn‘t bought the AT a few months earlier and was highly interested in the just announced 300MC this could have very well been my one and only. As much as I love my 300 LE, this Ingenieur still really tempts me (in blue or black).

    pic courtesy of Monochrome

    Name:  10923B17-E6FC-40CD-8FFF-4FD042862006.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  90.2 KB
    Last edited by solesman; 1 Week Ago at 08:54.
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  10. #89
    Member lo_scrivano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Being a guy that wears slightly larger watches than the ideal size for my wrist I still wonder if it really is too big or just compared to the 14060M which Iím sure fits like a glove.

    By that logic I would sell my 44 PAM because I have no business wearing it with a 6.25-6.5 wrist but I think it looks good.

    Anyway good luck. Either way the watch that you keep is beautiful and a keeper.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

  11. #90
    Member anonymousmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    8,786

    Re: A Tough Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Lugs not an issue, but the dial is too much. Instagram is awash with photos of small waisted people trying to pull off 41mm AT's. I haven't tried the 38 yet, but this reference is mighty tempting. I'll also check out the black, but blue sings much louder currently.

    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...003001I've read that buying the rubber and associated pieces is more expensive than buying the bracelet. I will check with the OB manager to confirm this, but I like the idea, of rubber, bracelet and a contrasting NATO for this one. The realisation is I'm not going to find a 38mm dive watch with all the details I seek (no date, lack of HE valve, modern, but neither dressy nor toolish looking. An overall "one watch" has always been a dream. I'll never have a PP 5711 so the AT would be a good next choice. The 36mm RM was a little too plain (I see the attraction though) ,Rolex Explorer 36mm (so dull, missing the 12 numeral) not a fan of the IWC you posted, Datejust 36mm (I tried a few on. Stunning, but a little too dressy) Wears like a dream on the wrist though.
    Soleman, will you be buying anything to replace the PO?

    Quote Originally Posted by lo_scrivano View Post
    Being a guy that wears slightly larger watches than the ideal size for my wrist I still wonder if it really is too big or just compared to the 14060M which I’m sure fits like a glove.

    By that logic I would sell my 44 PAM because I have no business wearing it with a 6.25-6.5 wrist but I think it looks good.

    Anyway good luck. Either way the watch that you keep is beautiful and a keeper.
    My view is some watches are meant to wear bit big. The PO is one of them. Yes a 45mm can look a bit rediculous on a very thin wrist. But in Solemans case his 42mm looks right.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts