Traded my Datejust for a Globemaster
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Traded my Datejust for a Globemaster

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Traded my Datejust for a Globemaster

My Omega family has grown by one.
    After spying this at an AD, I was bitten hard by the bug and I knew I had to have it.

I immediately sold my Rolex ref.116234 Datejust to finance the purchase this one.

It's a modern size. 39mm but because bezel is thin, it's got a lot of presence (for reference, my wrist is 16cm).
    The bracelet is super-comfortable, the individual links have a lot of articulation and are shaped so that there is no hair-pulling.

The thickness is about what the DJ was. It doesn't feel like a particularly thick or absurdly heavy watch. Modern Omegas are chunky boys (as I understand, the coaxial escapement isn't ideal for thin movements) but this doesn't feel like a Planet Ocean.

The biggest selling features are the dial and the movement.
    The dial is a work of art, a deep, slate-ish blue that shimmers and shifts colors. It shows off great depth via the classic pie-pan shape.
    The movement is a technical triumph but what really convinced me to ditch the Rolex is the independently adjustable hour hand complication. I first became acquainted with this feature in a quartz Seamaster and it makes swapping timezones a breeze when you travel.

The elephant in the room is, of course, the fluted bezel. Thankfully, in person, it doesn't anything like Rolex's version of a fluted bezel. The bezel is so much thinner, the flutes are much shallower and tighter-packed that it looks more like a coin edge than anything. If anything, it kind of reminds me of Rolex's old "engine turned" bezels.

In short, it does everything the Rolex did, just better. If you guys and gals are looking for a semi-dressy/daily wear watch and you get a chance to check a Globemaster out, I highly recommend you do.

Name:  IMG-5327.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  206.7 KB
    trhall, BeauR, TechGuyJ and 20 others like this.
    Panerai | Omega | Cartier | Jörg Schauer | Hamilton | G-Shock | Zenith
    Do you like to have a good time? Then you need a good watch.
    - Robert "Rocky" Balboa

Re: Traded my Datejust for a Globemaster

That's downright SWEET! Congrats, it looks great !

It looks great on your wrist! Congrats on your Globemaster!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! The white dialed version is a the top of my list for this year.

Thanks all. I was very torn between the white and blue dial versions. The white is not actually white, it's actually sort of matte silver, so it's got a soft luminous character not just a stark, bright white. The polished black (rhodium?) hands and indices are also very cool.
    Panerai | Omega | Cartier | Jörg Schauer | Hamilton | G-Shock | Zenith
    Do you like to have a good time? Then you need a good watch.
    - Robert "Rocky" Balboa

B79

Watch looks great and fits your wrist really well

osc

Quote Originally Posted by Trel View Post
    My Omega family has grown by one.
    After spying this at an AD, I was bitten hard by the bug and I knew I had to have it.

I immediately sold my Rolex ref.116234 Datejust to finance the purchase this one.

It's a modern size. 39mm but because bezel is thin, it's got a lot of presence (for reference, my wrist is 16cm).
    The bracelet is super-comfortable, the individual links have a lot of articulation and are shaped so that there is no hair-pulling.

The thickness is about what the DJ was. It doesn't feel like a particularly thick or absurdly heavy watch. Modern Omegas are chunky boys (as I understand, the coaxial escapement isn't ideal for thin movements) but this doesn't feel like a Planet Ocean.

The biggest selling features are the dial and the movement.
    The dial is a work of art, a deep, slate-ish blue that shimmers and shifts colors. It shows off great depth via the classic pie-pan shape.
    The movement is a technical triumph but what really convinced me to ditch the Rolex is the independently adjustable hour hand complication. I first became acquainted with this feature in a quartz Seamaster and it makes swapping timezones a breeze when you travel.

The elephant in the room is, of course, the fluted bezel. Thankfully, in person, it doesn't anything like Rolex's version of a fluted bezel. The bezel is so much thinner, the flutes are much shallower and tighter-packed that it looks more like a coin edge than anything. If anything, it kind of reminds me of Rolex's old "engine turned" bezels.

In short, it does everything the Rolex did, just better. If you guys and gals are looking for a semi-dressy/daily wear watch and you get a chance to check a Globemaster out, I highly recommend you do.

Name:  IMG-5327.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  206.7 KB
    Beautiful! Congrats. I'm hunting for one too

I've seen a thousand Datejusts. I've never seen a Globemaster.

Congratulations on choosing the road less traveled.

Now you are more unique and discerning.

You made the right choice.
    socolinsky, TechGuyJ and Titan II like this.

MJM

Congrats! That’s a great piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Without time there is nothing......

Congrats! I'd take the globemaster over the dj any day!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    socolinsky and TedG954 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information