Upgraded to the PO 8900
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Upgraded to the PO 8900

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Upgraded to the PO 8900

Hey all,

I posted on this forum a long time ago (4 years) when I got my PO 8500 42mm with the orange numerals. I've loved the watch ever since and it has traveled the world with me. I even took it diving once, but there was always a few minor gripes. The lack of a micro adjust on the bracelet and the size being the two major ones. When I bought it I was torn between the 42 and 45.5 and ended up going 42. I had wished there was an in between. When the new 8900 was introduced it fixed all my gripes and then some so I knew some day I'd upgrade. Well that day was today. After much debate between the orange and the silver numerals. I just couldn't fall in love with the orange on the bezel for being my only watch. I ended up trading mine in at the place I bought my first for the silver numeral version. It feels great. Tho I wish it was orange numbers and black bezel I'm happy with the silver as well. Here are a few pics.

Re: Upgraded to the PO 8900

Can’t see the pics.

Congratulations!

However, I cannot see the pictures either.

Nigel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on your new PO, but yep, no photos.
    Diablogt90 likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Oh I dunno what happened they were working when I checked them earlier.. I think they as re missing from my imgur for some reason..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diablogt90 View Post
    Hey all,

I posted on this forum a long time ago (4 years) when I got my PO 8500 42mm with the orange numerals. I've loved the watch ever since and it has traveled the world with me. I even took it diving once, but there was always a few minor gripes. The lack of a micro adjust on the bracelet and the size being the two major ones. When I bought it I was torn between the 42 and 45.5 and ended up going 42. I had wished there was an in between. When the new 8900 was introduced it fixed all my gripes and then some so I knew some day I'd upgrade. Well that day was today. After much debate between the orange and the silver numerals. I just couldn't fall in love with the orange on the bezel for being my only watch. I ended up trading mine in at the place I bought my first for the silver numeral version. It feels great. Tho I wish it was orange numbers and black bezel I'm happy with the silver as well. Here are a few pics.

I totally agree with you on the bracelet, I wear my 42mm 8500 on a NATO strap because I like it snug and its very top heavy. What is your opinion on the change of font of 12, 9, & 6? I like the roundness of the 8500 vs the more "computerized" of the new one.
    Diablogt90 likes this.

43.5 PO is a great watch

Congratulations!

Congrats. The PO8900 is a great watch. Unbelievably accurate for a mechanical.
    Diablogt90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palettj View Post
    I totally agree with you on the bracelet, I wear my 42mm 8500 on a NATO strap because I like it snug and its very top heavy. What is your opinion on the change of font of 12, 9, & 6? I like the roundness of the 8500 vs the more "computerized" of the new one.
    I don't mind the font change especially since it kinda matches the bezel. Miss the orange numerals but the silver numerals look nice too. I may be in the minority but I never really liked the open numerals on the 2500 series.

I had my ad size the bracelet so it was the same size as my old one with no expansion of the clasp. So it fits perfectly if I'm cool and just one notch larger if I swell up. Haven't needed to go bigger yet, but then again I've only work it a few hours so far.

Side note I think the 43.5 fits well on my flat wrist. I think last time I tried to measure a long time ago my wrist was about 7". Does anyone think it looks too big? I didn't even try on the 39.5 because I always thought my 42 mm was kinda small.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information