WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Are we about to see a new Speedmaster Racing 40mm?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  freshweasley76 
#1 ·
The Speedmaster Racing 40mm is not on the UK website anymore. A salesperson at the Omega Boutique confirmed that they are phasing it down.

Are we about to see a new 40mm soon?

I love that size and the racing models, I hope the answer is yes!

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
My guess... Not in the near future. Omega came out with the 44mm Racing a few years back to keep a racing line in the portfolio. The 38mm was introduced for something smaller but more elegant. I see the current 40mm model simply going away.

I like the idea of having a 40mm Speedmaster but at the end of the day it wore smaller than advertised and felt too tall. Despite having smaller wrists myself (~6.75"), the 44mm Speedmaster Racing fit and proportions are a great improvement even though I would prefer a 42mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
My guess... Not in the near future. Omega came out with the 44mm Racing a few years back to keep a racing line in the portfolio. The 38mm was introduced for something smaller but more elegant. I see the current 40mm model simply going away.

I like the idea of having a 40mm Speedmaster but at the end of the day it wore smaller than advertised and felt too tall. Despite having smaller wrists myself (~6.75"), the 44mm Speedmaster Racing fit and proportions are a great improvement even though I would prefer a 42mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm with you.... all these 44mm watches are a wee bit too big for my taste.... I wish more would be released in the 40-42mm range.

#4 ·
Well, Omega said they planned to have their entire line-up be METAS certified/Master Chronometers by 2020, so that (along with poor sales) could be the reason they're discontinuing it. Plus, you gotta admit, that little 6 o'clock subdial looks weird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.