What do you think will be the next Planet Ocean models? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you think will be the next Planet Ocean models?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: What do you think will be the next Planet Ocean models?

For me, I think the Aqua Terra should accommodate the GMT, not sure it’s needed on a dive watch. The GMT bezel is odd as it removes the diving aspect of the watch. The PO should stay basic. Moving forward, lose some of the thickness and heft and tone down the glossy dial. Maybe a blasted matte finish. Move the date to 6 as SMP and make the window bigger. On colour, I agree orange should be prominent and help it stand out from the Sea Dweller. No leather straps. Through in a rubber with the bracelet. I’m also a sucker for the ceramic versions......despite the GMT hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but I'm aware that a dive team has a number of members with different roles. I have to wonder if, on a large diving expedition, one of the topside folks would have a use for a diver with a GMT bezel. For example, dive watch quality water resistance could be very useful on deck to someone who, in addition to getting soaking wet at times, keeps communication with a remote location that may be in a different time zone. Military use may be another real world example of this potential situation.

I think the gmt execution on the ceramic PO models fits nicely as you still have a typical dive bezel. However those models are way too thick and shiny for my tastes. I much prefer the matte dials of gen1 & 2 PO’s pulse the matte grey ceramic bezel of the gem 2 PO was my favorite. Ideally for me a PO with the thickness of the gen 1, the matte dial and painted numerals of the gen 1, the matte grey ceramic bezel of gen 2, and the gmt integration of the ceramic PO models would be a nice watch with great wearability and offer many useful functions. So essentially a steel cases deep black gmt with The thinness of a gen 1 withe the matte coloring of the gen 2 and no larger than 42mm. This will never happen but it’s nice to dream.
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd love it if they released a 38-39mm black and white GMT with the thickness at around 12.5mm.
    phthano likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gumpy_999 View Post
    I'd love it if they released a 38-39mm black and white GMT with the thickness at around 12.5mm.
    I would love to see Omega release any dive watch with a 12.5mm thickness. This is the reason I love my 2531, it’s so thin!
    My 2531 next to my 8500 PO
    Name:  74154E2D-C2C6-4EE9-9243-9C20F3F840D2.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  417.7 KB
    Adam

I visited a few AD's in Hong Kong looking for the 39.5mm but they have zero stock here, said they would need to order it if I wanted it. I'm rather surprised since the general public here have rather slim wrists.

As an avid Planet Ocean fan and future owner of a 45mm 8500, here are a couple things I wish they'd do in the future:

• They need to find a mm or two in thickness. This watch doesn't need to be thin, but they need to help it as much as they can to be wearable, especially as tastes begin to skew small.
    • Just release a black dial titanium version. Omega has a way of releasing silly / polarizing colorways for titanium models. Just release black to go with the darker titanium metal. Perfect watch.
    • Abandon the current blue hue, and pick up the blue from the current Omega Seamaster 300 line. The weird blue on the Planet Oceans now looks terrible in a number of lighting situations. And the Seamaster 300's blue is sublime. Use this blue on the PO line.
    • Adopt the Deep Black GMT setup for a mainline GMT version. Maintain the 60 min diver bezel while being able to track two time zones. To me, this is way more useful than the edge case where I'd track three time zones.
    • Bring back the male endlinks. The female endlinks look silly on my large wrist.

My dream watch is a 45mm black dial, titanium, Deep Black-like GMT on bracelet.
    nurseford25 likes this.

They had probably sold out then due to so many slim wristed folks living there

Quote Originally Posted by brabus View Post
    I visited a few AD's in Hong Kong looking for the 39.5mm but they have zero stock here, said they would need to order it if I wanted it. I'm rather surprised since the general public here have rather slim wrists.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich