What Omega watches have people used adjustable clasp 117STZ001154 on? - Page 30
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: What Omega watches have people used adjustable clasp 117STZ001154 on?

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Re: What Omega watches have people used adjustable clasp 117STZ001154 on?

Quote Originally Posted by IH Biker View Post
    Does this mean the 1159/1154 will fit on the 18mm clasp link on my GMT?

Do you know where I could order one from the State side? I was relocated to Japan, doubt any Omega AD will sell me the clasp or it could be double or triple the price.

If your bracelet has the screw-and-pin connections, and the bracelet is steel, not titanium, then the 1159/1154/4666 clasps should work on your bracelet. Try Topper Jewelers (a sponsor of this forum) to see if they can get it shipped to you. If they can, the cost will be what it is. All good comes with some bad.
    IH Biker likes this.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Thanks.. I will look them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(snip) I was relocated to Japan, doubt any Omega AD will sell me the clasp or it could be double or triple the price.

Hi IH Biker,

Where in Japan?

I bought the micro-adjustable Omega ploprof clasp in Kyoto earlier this month for the mesh on my PO, from the Omega in the Isetan department store over Kyoto station.

The staff were great, very friendly & efficient. They checked everything would fit (2 options) & it took them just 2 days to get it from the warehouse (over a weekend).
    The price was cheaper than I've seen before. Miho (completely fluent English-speaking) arranged everything in about 15 minutes & was there again ready for us when we went back to collect.

Quite a lot of dealers in Japan, 3 in Kyoto, & the one we went to seemed to have all the various clasps avaialble, & worked out a fair bit cheaper (for me) than 'back home'.

https://www.omegawatches.com/store/country/japan/

Hope that might be useful to you. Good luck!
    '

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cybercat View Post
    Hi IH Biker,

Where in Japan?

I bought the micro-adjustable Omega ploprof clasp in Kyoto earlier this month for the mesh on my PO, from the Omega in the Isetan department store over Kyoto station.

The staff were great, very friendly & efficient. They checked everything would fit (2 options) & it took them just 2 days to get it from the warehouse (over a weekend).
    The price was cheaper than I've seen before. Miho (completely fluent English-speaking) arranged everything in about 15 minutes & was there again ready for us when we went back to collect.

Quite a lot of dealers in Japan, 3 in Kyoto, & the one we went to seemed to have all the various clasps avaialble, & worked out a fair bit cheaper (for me) than 'back home'.

'
    Good to hear that.. I am in Yokohama, maybe I should at least give a shot to the local AD first before contacting any ADs in the States.

cybercat likes this.

Thanks for the response. Believe me, I've read every thread on the internet related to this topic. I have the 1st generation bracelet (pins not screws) and unfortunately I'm still not certain on the part number for the end links. I know the clasp I want, it's the short one- part #117STZ004666. I was hoping someone could confirm the end links needed to fit the clasp to my PO 45.5 2500 with the 1579-951 22mm bracelet. Do these part numbers look right?:

117STZ004666 - Clasp
    118ST1590 - 2 end links
    0124ST0169 - 4 Screws
    0128ST0169 - 2 pins

Thanks!

Well now I’ve just been told that only the 1154 clasp will fit my watch so I’m confused completely. My bracelet is 22mm at lugs and tapers to 20mm at clasp. Are not all 3 adjustable clasps the same width therefore shouldn’t they all fit (or none)?
    IH Biker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rweaves6 View Post
    Well now I’ve just been told that only the 1154 clasp will fit my watch so I’m confused completely. My bracelet is 22mm at lugs and tapers to 20mm at clasp. Are not all 3 adjustable clasps the same width therefore shouldn’t they all fit (or none)?
    As I've already mentioned, the 1154 and 1159 are identical, except that the 1159 adds the divesuit extension to the slider. The 4666 is a 3-stop, 5mm adjustable clasp, but also is the same width. All three clasps have the same tongue, which is identical across all Seamaster dive watches (thus only new saddle links are needed to mate the clasp to older pin-and-collar bracelets). I haven't made a retrofit for an old bracelet, so I don't have the part numbers needed. But others have, and the numbers are in one (or more) of the threads on this subject on WUSOF.

There is no shortage of people who will give you misinformation. But the many people here who have actually done these mods, and documented them with photos, are your most reliable source of factual guidance.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Quote Originally Posted by cybercat View Post
    Hi IH Biker,

Where in Japan?

Quite a lot of dealers in Japan, 3 in Kyoto, & the one we went to seemed to have all the various clasps avaialble, & worked out a fair bit cheaper (for me) than 'back home'. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_good.gif[/IMG]

'
    Good to hear that.. I am in Yokohama, maybe I should at least give a shot to the local AD first before contacting any ADs in the States.

Try the Omega service center in Ginza. Not too far from Yokohama to go in person.

07026185721 is the number. The service center only takes calls on weekdays, but they are open everyday. I've been there twice. Once to replace some screws in my PO and once to get the rubber strap for my AT. Great service both times. The prices for the rubber strap and adapter bits seem to be about the regular price adjusted for exchange rate.
    IH Biker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy2101 View Post
    Try the Omega service center in Ginza. Not too far from Yokohama to go in person.

07026185721 is the number. The service center only takes calls on weekdays, but they are open everyday. I've been there twice. Once to replace some screws in my PO and once to get the rubber strap for my AT. Great service both times. The prices for the rubber strap and adapter bits seem to be about the regular price adjusted for exchange rate.
    Thanks for the information. I stoped Takashimaya Omega Boutique, but it was a disappointment. The sales was not interested in helping me since she learned I wasn’t buying a watch. She took me to their general watch service counter (service all brand watches) and trying to look for some aftermarket clasps???

I will find some time to stop by Ginza Service Center to get the part.

cybercat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    As I've already mentioned, the 1154 and 1159 are identical, except that the 1159 adds the divesuit extension to the slider. The 4666 is a 3-stop, 5mm adjustable clasp, but also is the same width. All three clasps have the same tongue, which is identical across all Seamaster dive watches (thus only new saddle links are needed to mate the clasp to older pin-and-collar bracelets). I haven't made a retrofit for an old bracelet, so I don't have the part numbers needed. But others have, and the numbers are in one (or more) of the threads on this subject on WUSOF.

There is no shortage of people who will give you misinformation. But the many people here who have actually done these mods, and documented them with photos, are your most reliable source of factual guidance.
    Thanks again for responding. I understand what you are saying but I've now had two Omega Boutiques tell me it can't be done and I just received the following email from Omega Canada:

Thank you for your inquiry and we are happy to hear that you own an Omega.

I carefully checked parts you listed for clasp change; however, I don’t think that there is a way to have the micro-adjustable clasp for your watch model.
    Can I ask you where you had this information?

Your current bracelet system is with pin and tube system as below.

However, the micro-adjustable buckle(O117STZ004666) or the clasp attachment links(O118ST1590) you listed are in pin and 2 screws system as below.

Also, I would like to inform you that this kind of adjusting is not an official service from Omega.

FYI, please find following parts information.

O117STZ004666 - Clasp => O117STZ004666, $83 + Tax, in stock
    O118ST1590 - 2 end links => O118ST1590, $69 + Tax / each, NOT in stock (2-3 weeks lead time expected)
    O124ST0169 - 4 Screws => O124ST3307, $7 + Tax / each, in stock
    O128ST0169 - 2 pins => O128ST0169, $2 + Tax / each, in stock

Please let me know if you need any other assistance from my side.

Thank you.

BTW, the parts noted above weren't suggestions from Omega, they are a response to me asking if they're correct. Based on their response, I still don't know if they're correct. I really don't know what to do at this point, I was hoping that an owner of a PO 2000.5000 with the 1579-951 bracelet would tell me exactly which parts they used. I believe I've read every thread on the matter on the internet but haven't found an example for this exact model/bracelet.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information