Why Omega? - Page 6
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Why Omega?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Why Omega?

Like others here have stated, James Bond was that marketing component that got me to look at Omega.

Brosnan-era: man, 007's watch can do some cool stuff!
    Craig-era (up until Spectre): man, 007 is such a bad-ass. Vesper surmises that Bond would wear a Rolex, and cold as stone he retorts "Omega".

The value proposition (pre-owned and grey market) for Omega watches offers by far (IMO) the best price-to-performance ratio of any "luxury" watch brand. I feel it's a great brand to get one's feet wet without breaking the bank.

As for me...I'm now drifting towards the Rolex camp (but have yet to purchase my first...yet.).
    Casio G-Shock (GW6900-1) Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 (C60-40ADA3-S0KK0-B0) Citizen Promaster (AN0690-52Y) Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Master Co-Axial (231.10.39.21.02.002) Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial (212.30.41.20.03.001) Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Chronograph (311.30.42.30.01.005) Oris Big Crown ProPilot Big Date (01 751 7697 4063-07 5 20 17FC)

I inherited from my grandpa these two
    rfortson likes this.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

I was always a Rolex as my top sport watch guy, until I read about the history of the Moon watch and then I got hooked when Pierce Brosnan wore the seamaster in goldeneye.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll admit to being influenced by Omega's association with the Olympics and the Moon program. Most of the Bond Omegas leave me cold--except the Skyfall AT. I don't like the He valve.

The 9300 chronos are too darn thick.

Don't care of for some of the De Ville and modern Connies, but the vintage catalogue is rich with great designs.

And best of all--not a Rolex!

Cheers!
    Bulova 1973 Deep Sea Chronograph "B"
    Seiko 7A38-7100
    Seiko Kinetic Sports 50 SKJ056
    Citizen Skyhawk A-T JY0000-53E
    Omega Seamaster "Skyfall" (blue) Aqua Terra 8500 231.10.39.21.03.001
    Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon Black Dial SS Q1368470
    Farer GMT Automatic Ponting
    Casio G-Shock GW-M530A

I've been watching the Olympics since an early age. I think that is where I noticed Omega the first time. Then when I really got into watches, I saw a few ads for one of the Bond POs. It looked amazing and I started dreaming about owning an Omega one day. I kept reading about the history of Omega, about the various models, etc. I requested a catalog and kept staring at the beauties there. I wanted a PO for a long time. Until I saw the blue Aqua Terra. Wow, it was love at first sight. I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few years until my amazing wife got it for me 2 years ago. It's by far my favorite watch. And then I really got into Omega's connection with NASA and the more I read, the more I started wanting a Speedy. That will be my next watch for sure.

Omega is my favorite brand and if I had to have watches only from a single brand, I would pick Omega without hesitation. There are at least 12 Omega watches that I would love to own.

I think it was Bond but I grew up with repeats of the Connery/ Moore Rolex era. I don't even remember seeing Goldeneye. I knew I wanted one though so must have been a subconscious exposed somewhere.
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Rotor
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander's Watch 212.32.41.20.04.001
    Casio Databank DBW30D-1AV

My love and passion for watches and cars just go hand in hand. There is just something very special about a mechanical piece of marvel that is special and dear in my heart. My love for watches goes back to well.....I believe when I was born and first say the light of day. I have always loved cars and watches just love them and the more mechanical and sophisticated they are the more I love them. The Omega watch has always been on my wish list and something I have wanted for a very long time and now, I have purchased my very first Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph Master Chronometer 9900 movement. The Omega PO is a watch I have luster after ever since I first saw one and now that I see they have the new movement in them that are so refined and well made, well I just had to have it as they say. I will post pictures when I have some time. This watch along with my other three watches I own one of them being the Marathon CSAR has me satisfied for now at least a couple years. Gosh this is an expensive hobby.
    I like to sync the ticks of my watch to the rhythm of my life.

Watches:

Citizen: Caliber 2100
    Marathon CSAR (SS Bracelet)

I love your collection! I have the same Omega and Tudor and just saving up for my first Rolex.

Currently my PAM 112 occupies the Rolex's spot and either I will keep the PAM and add a DateJust or sell it to fund the DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by RDK View Post
    Why not all three..?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk
    RDK likes this.

For me it was their rich history with watch making. Back in the day, Omega was the cat's meow long before Rolex became the cat's meow. In the 50s, 60s & 70s, it was all about Omega.

As as 007 fan growing up, I too was drawn towards Omega. The girls, the cars, and the gadget watch... it all was pretty great. When I got older and into the hobby, I learned why they are a great watchmaker. It was all needed to convince me to eventually get one. I'm still trying to figure out how to activate the lazer though :p

I'm also a stargazer, fascinated by space. So of course the moonwatch was another that was very appealing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information