This will be my one and only please help? - Page 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: This will be my one and only please help?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: This will be my one and only please help?

Congratulations on the health milestone. As others have said black is the most versatile, and if it is the one calling out strongest to you then go with your instinct. It will serve you best in the long run.

Nigel

While many say black is most versitile it would greatly depend on what you regularly wear I think. For example, I don't wear black shoes, suits, pants, or jackets so it's not very versitile for me. I love the blue SMP and it is absolutely a fantastic everyday watch on the bracelet which I have worn with suits to board meetings and to the beach on vacation. If you absolutely have to wear it on rubber then it's a sports watch and not versitile in my opinion unless you're working as a dive instructor, surfing instructor, lifeguard, you get the idea.

You should have no problem sizing the bracelet as long as you have a small screw driver. I would suggest trying different options when sizing the bracelet for the best fit as many people just keep the clasp in the middle whereas there are many variations. I like to have the 6 side shorter for example as it keeps the watch head more to the middle of my wrist.
    tornadobox likes this.

I'm going to sit on the fence and say i don't think you'd regret getting any of them.
    I saw some in an Omega boutique a few months ago and they looked stunning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

While I love blue, black watches are more versatile and see most of the wrist time. Black dials go with everything, dress up, or down. You really can't go wrong with a black dial. Sometimes a blue dial is almost forced for lack of a better word. I agree a bracelet is the way to go too. You can always add straps later. Good luck!

Another vote for Black - versatile and the contrast the waves give in different lights sets it off really well.

And as others have said - get the bracelet - nicest bracelet I've ever worn.

Another vote for black as the more versatile, and especially if you say you want to wear it on rubber 90% of the time.
    I agree that the blue with blue rubber is simply too much. Also, I once had a blue AT and with some of my clothes it didn‘t really work out well. And that was even without a blue rubber strap.
    iberfoptic likes this.

As someone who is also considering the new seamaster, I want to say BLUE! I treat my watche not only as a hobby, a time telling device, but also a fashion accessory. So I tend to pick colors that pop. I rather like the blue of the SMP. My gf always tell me that I am too flamboyant with my watch color choices. But I tell her that I enjoy how the color stands out and catch people's attention. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you are somebody who prefers to be more understated, pick the black; however, if you want a dash of color in your everyday attire then pick the blue. If I remember correctly most of the critics who went to Basel World picked the Black and Gold version with rubber strap as their favorite combo. I agree with them. But I dont want to pay the precious metal premium.

Amazing watch.

Go blue on bracelet.

My first watch was the blue 2531.80 “Goldeneye” watch. When it came time to get this new release SMP I thought for sure I had to get the blue because it was “classic” Bond and that’s just what you do with an SMP plus black is boring... Well this black is something different and I will say it is versatile and the dial is dynamic against various lighting. I love the blue SMP as well and I think it’s great but just want to give you my two cents that this black isn’t boring and it’s quite playful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Singing the timepiece blues- well said sir, blue can be a great way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by briang583 View Post
    While many say black is most versitile it would greatly depend on what you regularly wear I think. For example, I don't wear black shoes, suits, pants, or jackets so it's not very versitile for me. I love the blue SMP and it is absolutely a fantastic everyday watch on the bracelet which I have worn with suits to board meetings and to the beach on vacation. If you absolutely have to wear it on rubber then it's a sports watch and not versitile in my opinion unless you're working as a dive instructor, surfing instructor, lifeguard, you get the idea.

You should have no problem sizing the bracelet as long as you have a small screw driver. I would suggest trying different options when sizing the bracelet for the best fit as many people just keep the clasp in the middle whereas there are many variations. I like to have the 6 side shorter for example as it keeps the watch head more to the middle of my wrist.
    briang583 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information