Would you regulate a METAS movement that was running -2.5 spd? - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Would you regulate a METAS movement that was running -2.5 spd?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Would you regulate a METAS movement that was running -2.5 spd?

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    If they all are close to -2.5, do NOTHING; you have a high precision watch. Sending it in has a greater chance of screwing up your watch's precision than helping same. If your watch's rate speeds up a bit, that's a good thing; do NOTHING. If its lose rate worsens, send it in.

Good luck with your watch,
    heb
    Omega states -2.5 is out of spec

I would say it can be regulated to a specific wearers wrist, in this case to gain 2.5 in relation to its current performance but that may then mean its not technically within spec if run through the testing. In other words, if you send it in, it will be fully tested in various positions, pass the tests and it will be returned to you untouched with a confirmation letter saying its all fine. Much better to self regulate it over night with resting placement. Sounds like a hump but its easy to do once you learn which positions to leave it in.

Watches that run slow drive me bonkers. However I would wait and see how it runs after a few months (as others have stated).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is just pull the bandaid off and send it to get fixed now. My brand new 8900 seems to be running as the tests subjects it to. About +2 p/d.

OP; do you have the warranty and chronometer cards? Create and online Omega account, add your watch and pull the tests they ran on it before they shipped it the the AD.

Would you regulate a METAS movement that was running -2.5 spd?

My PO was running c. +0.5 spd. Pretty good but it bothered me that it was so precise that it was difficult to find a position to slow it down. But better to be on the fast than slow side.

As you know, Omegas are supposed to run between 0 to +5 spd so -2.5 spd is outside of their specs and you shouldn’t have any difficulty getting it adjusted. However, I would hold off until you are sure. Sending a watch off for repair can be risky as you never know if something will happen in transport or while on the watchmaker’s desk.
    Last edited by rjohnson56; 1 Week Ago at 20:41.
    heb likes this.

Always interesting to hear different peoples approach to a watch that’s a little slow. I would think a local shop could make that adjustment

Adjusting shouldn’t be too difficult, but I was told by my AD that the co-axial movement needed special equipment, i.e. not a simple Timeograph to check the accuracy. Don’t know how true this is.

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Three weeks of wear is much too short a time period to decide on a service. Give it 3 months (12 weeks), recording a final monthly derived (only one hack, at beginning of month) Average Daily Rate and record each of the 4 constituent weekly derived rates. If they all are close to -2.5, do NOTHING; you have a high precision watch.
    I agree.

It is not as if it was an expensive watch guaranteed by the maker not to behave like that.

What would be next if we let ravings like this to escalate? Expect vendors to stand by their promises!!!???

Yes I would, but I do defer that it is a personal preference. I don't like my watches losing time. With the better quality brands such as Breitling, Omega, Rolex , and even Ball, I've never had a problem requesting and receiving regulation within 0 to +4 seconds per day by asking nicely and letting them take their time to perform the regulation.
    Last edited by qa_ii; 1 Week Ago at 13:57.
    Current Lineup: TBD
    Rolex Submariner 116613LN Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph Breitling Avenger II Chronograph
    Deep Blue Master 2000 Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium
    Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E TBD
    TBD TBD

If you want to see this subject debated at length, go here https://omegaforums.net/threads/who-...ng-time.88292/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information