The WRUW Mega thread! - Page 53
Like Tree25898Likes

Thread: The WRUW Mega thread!

Page 53 of 776 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: The WRUW Mega thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourcooks View Post
    Watching an exciting finish to The Shriners Hospital golf tournament

Nice shot, your watch is in good company

this one find itself on my wrist often :)

1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Quote Originally Posted by munichblue View Post
    First, to each his own!
    Absolutely! Which is why I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken G View Post
    We're all different of course...

Quote Originally Posted by munichblue View Post
    My point is that the Railmaster and the Seamaster 300 have proofed me something I had never expected. That these small sizes can be worn even from a guy with a wrist size > 8“ like me. I used to wear watches around 44mm and bigger in the past because I was convinced smaller sizes would look ridiculous on my wrist, like women watches. The Trilogy pieces have changed my aesthetically perception totally because I really love now how the watch wraps around my wrist instead just sitting on top. Therefore, albeit there seems to be a trend toward smaller watches, it’s no trend for me personally. It’s just a question of personal preferences.
    That's great - I'm delighted that you have realized you can wear smaller watches, but just as your taste has changed - seemingly overnight - it can change back again (perhaps just as quickly). One of the constants on this forum is the regular posts from people regretting flipping once-loved models from their collections - all I was saying was that it might be an idea to wait until the "honeymoon" is over with Trilogy models before going ahead with any sales of larger/other watches. But then again, maybe the mass-flipping of these watches would be a good thing - the used market being flooded with 38+ watches would suit me just fine!
    Theognosis and munichblue like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's great - I'm delighted that you have realized you can wear smaller watches, but just as your taste has changed - seemingly overnight - it can change back again (perhaps just as quickly). One of the constants on this forum is the regular posts from people regretting flipping once-loved models from their collections - all I was saying was that it might be an idea to wait until the "honeymoon" is over with Trilogy models before going ahead with any sales of larger/other watches. But then again, maybe the mass-flipping of these watches would be a good thing - the used market being flooded with 38+ watches would suit me just fine!
    Great advice! Smaller watches have been my preference for years now. I bought the 38.5 version of the AT 8500 instead of the 41. I chose the 42mm PO 8500 over the 44mm. And for Rolex, I never liked the sports models with chunky maxicases that's why I only have 1 piece, which is the Daytona. My only regret was getting the JLC 976 instead of the Grande Taille primarily because the former had a display caseback and the smaller had none. The smaller case size was the reason why I ordered the RMLE in the first place.

Truth is, it's not just about the size when we're talking about the RMLE's brilliance. What's fascinating is that a watch with no applied indices and all the usual unnecessary aesthetics, functionality and complications found in modern watches has turned my taste in this hobby upside down. And it's not just me. I have friends who have flipped many of their flashy watches and opted for something simple like the Rolex Explorer. I guess in a world filled with glamour and confusion, it's nice to see something pure and simple on my wrist like the RMLE. For sure, I will be keeping my "big" watches. Moving forward however, my future purchases will be limited to 39mm and smaller--and with less complications.

Cheers to this great hobby!
    fskywalker and munichblue like this.
    Rolex Daytona 116520 White Dial | Jaeger-Lecoultre Grande Reverso 976 | Omega Railmaster LE 1957 Trilogy | Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch | Omega PO 8500 42mm Orange Arabics | Omega AT 8500 38.5mm Skyfall | Seiko SKX009 | Seiko SKX007 | Casio G-Shock Mudmaster 1A9 | Citizen EcoDrive Toyota 86 Edition x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Theognosis View Post

Truth is, it's not just about the size when we're talking about the RMLE's brilliance. What's fascinating is that a watch with no applied indices and all the usual unnecessary aesthetics, functionality and complications found in modern watches has turned my taste in this hobby upside down. And it's not just me. I have friends who have flipped many of their flashy watches and opted for something simple like the Rolex Explorer. I guess in a world filled with glamour and confusion, it's nice to see something pure and simple on my wrist like the RMLE. For sure, I will be keeping my "big" watches. Moving forward however, my future purchases will be limited to 39mm and smaller--and with less complications.

Cheers to this great hobby!
    100% agree. With regards to the RMLE it’s much more than just the size. Well said, mate!
    fskywalker and Theognosis like this.
    cheers - mike

Absolutely! Which is why I said:

Thanks for the very good advice, Ken!

Im in no hurry to sell anything from my collection although some pieces even didn’t get much wrist time before the advent of the Trilogy LEs. But you’re absolutely right, I don’t want to make the mistake selling a watch to soon and then regretting it. I’ll give them time, try them again in some months and will see if they sing again to me.
    Ken G, fskywalker and Theognosis like this.
    cheers - mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

munichblue likes this.

Speedy
    munichblue and Speedfan33 like this.
    IG: mr.zerimar

Current:
    Rolex Submariner 114060 / Omega Moonwatch / Steinhart OVM 1.0 / Seiko SRP775 / G-Shock GMW-B5000-1 / G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V

Past: Rolex Explorer 214270, Rolex 15200, Rolex 16233, Rolex 116000, Cartier Santos Automatic, Bulgari Scuba Chrono, Panerai PAM 72, Tudor Black Bay BBN, Omega PO 8500, Omega Moonwatch, Omega Speedy 57 re-issue, U-Boat Flightdeck CAS 50, U-Boat Flightdeck ABO, U-Boat Classico 53, Seiko SBDX011, Seiko SBBN015, Seiko SBDX001, Seiko SBBN013, Seiko SBBN017, Seiko SBDC003, Seiko SBDC001, Seiko SKX 399, Seiko Samurai, Seiko Spork, Seiko Stargate, Seiko BFS, Seiko SRP233, Seiko Bullhead SCEB015, Orient OS300, Citizen Ti Ecozilla, Dievas Vintage Cali Ti, Zenton M45, Steinhart Triton 100ATM, Steinhart Apollon, Steinhart O1V, Steinhart OVM, Magrette Brass, Armida A7, Zeno Rally Timer Chrono, Vostok Amphibia, Suunto X-Lander, and too many G's!

When 1 strap works on 2 watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Theognosis likes this.

Page 53 of 776 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast

Thread Information