Your Thoughts Please
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Your Thoughts Please

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Your Thoughts Please

Ok guys, so here goes. I know that ultimately it's going to be my decision to make, but I'm going to post anyway. That's what watch forums are for are they not?

Soooooooo....I've had a thing for black dial and bezel dive watches for a long time. They look great, classic styling, versatile colour unaffected by wardrobe colour choices, but a little boring perhaps? Well!!! I've decided that I want some fun and colour in my life, or on my wrist at least!

These are two watches that I fancy.

Rolex Submariner 116610LV

Name:  jLgfdwY.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  277.3 KB

The LV wasn't a watch I liked until I saw it in the metal. It's really striking and that dial is a chameleon.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 42mm

Name:  871866738_o.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  87.9 KB

I don't like the PO on the bracelet whatsoever and I already own the black OEM rubber strap and deployant clasp so I would buy it on these orange rubber to mix it up a little brighter when I fancy and the black for a toned down look.

Price isn't so much a factor, more of what to do with the present collection which consists of:

Rolex Submariner 114060

Name:  c4fcf2e1715f619c8d457a50fa46b8e6.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  179.9 KB

Owned since 2013. Classic no date diver. Wears super comfy at 40mm and thin, best bracelet in the business, glidelock clasp and without the cyclops over the date.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition

Name:  146085-e240d3bb0d6fac03892f33d962113a81.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  99.0 KB

Owned since 2011. Often referred to as the most beautiful PO, a hybrid between the 2500 and 8500 and the first to come with the liquidmetal bezel and ceramic dial. Wears really nicely on the rubber OEM strap and deployant. Recently serviced in Switzerland and now in its box whilst I decide what I'm going to do

Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-300-60th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Master-Chronometer-39mm-Baselworld-2017-1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  306.6 KB

Owned since release August 2017. I fell for this one instantly. It wears amazingly at 39mm and another no date classic looking diver. I personally hate the bracelet and it remains unsized and unworn in the box. The only downside for me is that it's a little too "vintage" looking in that it doesn't really go with my clothing. I wear bright colours, technical fabrics and quite modern looking.

So here is the conundrum. I'm looking to own only two watches going forward. Which one of my current three should I keep and which of the orange PO or the Submariner LV should I pick up next? Or should I sell all three and have the orange PO and Sub LV as my 2 watch collection?

Thanks for reading
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

Gone

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Re: Your Thoughts Please

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Ok guys, so here goes. I know that ultimately it's going to be my decision to make, but I'm going to post anyway. That's what watch forums are for are they not?

Soooooooo....I've had a thing for black dial and bezel dive watches for a long time. They look great, classic styling, versatile colour unaffected by wardrobe colour choices, but a little boring perhaps? Well!!! I've decided that I want some fun and colour in my life, or on my wrist at least!

These are two watches that I fancy.

Rolex Submariner 116610LV

Name:  jLgfdwY.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  277.3 KB

The LV wasn't a watch I liked until I saw it in the metal. It's really striking and that dial is a chameleon.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 42mm

Name:  871866738_o.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  87.9 KB

I don't like the PO on the bracelet whatsoever and I already own the black OEM rubber strap and deployant clasp so I would buy it on these orange rubber to mix it up a little brighter when I fancy and the black for a toned down look.

Price isn't so much a factor, more of what to do with the present collection which consists of:

Rolex Submariner 114060

Name:  c4fcf2e1715f619c8d457a50fa46b8e6.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  179.9 KB

Owned since 2013. Classic no date diver. Wears super comfy at 40mm and thin, best bracelet in the business, glidelock clasp and without the cyclops over the date.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition

Name:  146085-e240d3bb0d6fac03892f33d962113a81.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  99.0 KB

Owned since 2011. Often referred to as the most beautiful PO, a hybrid between the 2500 and 8500 and the first to come with the liquidmetal bezel and ceramic dial. Wears really nicely on the rubber OEM strap and deployant. Recently serviced in Switzerland and now in its box whilst I decide what I'm going to do

Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-300-60th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Master-Chronometer-39mm-Baselworld-2017-1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  306.6 KB

Owned since release August 2017. I fell for this one instantly. It wears amazingly at 39mm and another no date classic looking diver. I personally hate the bracelet and it remains unsized and unworn in the box. The only downside for me is that it's a little too "vintage" looking in that it doesn't really go with my clothing. I wear bright colours, technical fabrics and quite modern looking.

So here is the conundrum. I'm looking to own only two watches going forward. Which one of my current three should I keep and which of the orange PO or the Submariner LV should I pick up next? Or should I sell all three and have the orange PO and Sub LV as my 2 watch collection?

Thanks for reading
    Hi, previous owner of a ceramic bezel 45.5mm 8500 Planet Ocean here. I got rid of mine when I bought my 114060 no date Sub. The PO just feels so thick and top heavy (even at the widest case size) compared with the wrist hugging Rolex.

So for my money, the Hulk is the choice of your offered options. I suggest comparing the 5 digit and 6 digit models in the flesh if possible though. You might find you prefer the old proportions as many do.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
    arogle1stus likes this.
    ---

Probably not what you want to hear, but I would keep the watches that you have. The ones you are now considering are just a little too colorful for me. That being said, if I had to make the decision you are contemplating, I would keep the black Rolex and purchase the green one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well they are both bold colour choices. It could be argued either would fit with your other watches or repeat them to some extent. For both reasons it will be a very personal decision.

Personally for me the Rolex exhibits a lot of the visual cues that don’t sing to me about their line-up, but my only orange watch my wife now wears.

Good luck with the choice.

Nigel

I am not too sure what you should sell but I would definitely keep your PO LM limited edition. Unless of course you sell that to me!

I think the Hulk, PO LM and your re-issue SM 300 would be a nice trifecta!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vlciudoli likes this.

Keep whichever of the 2 Omega divers you like the most, sell the other and the 114060, and buy the Hulk.
    Aliosa_007 and fish70 like this.

I would say keep the Sub, Dan, but in that case don’t get the Hulk because they are too similar.

As you have small wrists I was about to recommend a 39.5 PO but they don‘t seem to come in the black/orange or grey/orange versions that are available in 43. So in that case the PO 8500 may indeed be an option although the orange rubber strap would be too much for me.

Or just keep the Sub and POLMLE, and put the PO on a Nato with a bit of colour. Sell the SM300 LE as you are clearly not warming up to it.

Final option: Keep only the Sub and wear the hell out of it - and get the colour through your clothes. Saves you wondering in the morning which watch to wear.

Good luck with your decision
    John

Your Thoughts Please

I would definitely keep the P.O. LM LE I have one in my collection and as you say it’s the perfect mix between the 2500 and 8500 (in fact I waited to see the new 8900 line up before I went for the LE instead). To add colour without the heft I would definitely recommend the Blue P.O. TI 8500, I like it so much I made a black version as well. (That plus Omegas curve ball at the Bond 50th Auction proving they duped us all with the Steel SF 8500).

If I had to choose between the Hulk or the P.O. as a PO guy (I own 4) I strangely find myself liking the Hulk (and I do not usually go for a Rolex as I find them to sharpe lined and boxy for me) the colour is outstanding. You could look at the AT range lots of colour options there.

As others have mentioned if you have done nothing with the new vintage 300 since Aug last year that probably tells you something - maybe it’s not for you (I have a Speedy in my collection because I felt all Omega collections should have one, but it gets the least wrist time just cannot bring myself to part with it as I know I will regret it one day).

What I would say is I have ultimately regretted all the watches I have sold but that’s life you learn to live with it.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

Hey Dan,
    I'd keep the Liquid Metal PO, as it's just such a beautiful watch, and I'd match that with the Rolex LV.
    What you have then is, a lovely Black dialled watch and something a little more 'out there' with the Green dialled LV.
    Pretty much something for all/most occasions.
    teeritz likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyadrian View Post
    Hey Dan,
    I'd keep the Liquid Metal PO, as it's just such a beautiful watch, and I'd match that with the Rolex LV.
    What you have then is, a lovely Black dialled watch and something a little more 'out there' with the Green dialled LV.
    Pretty much something for all/most occasions.
    My thoughts exactly. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Liquid Metal PO will be sought-after one day. Omega only made a conservative 1,948 of them, as opposed to the limited edition numbers that they've been known for since that first 40th Anniversary Bond Seamaster that they released in 2002. They made 10,007 of those.

Get the Sub LV. Keep the POLM. One watch has a blast of vibrant colour, the other is a little more understated, but still quite smart.
    Aliosa_007 likes this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information