**NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches** - Page 1367
Like Tree28078Likes

Thread: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Page 1367 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 367 867 1267 1317 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,670 of 14167

Re: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

I guess $4000+ is going to be expected for non-GS Seiko watches with Spring Drive equipped. Was hoping Presage or with the Prospex, SD could be had for a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by wow445 View Post
    I guess $4000+ is going to be expected for non-GS Seiko watches with Spring Drive equipped. Was hoping Presage or with the Prospex, SD could be had for a little less.
    SD Tuna are going for $2,800 or less and the SD Land Master are $2,600 ish. As much as everyone is unhappy with Seiko’s latest pricing, imagine if Rolex or Omega had SD technology ;O Guaranteed they would start at $10,000.

Cheers
    Shannon
    Pentameter and Memento Vivere like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    SD Tuna are going for $2,800 or less and the SD Land Master are $2,600 ish. As much as everyone is unhappy with Seiko’s latest pricing, imagine if Rolex or Omega had SD technology ;O Guaranteed they would start at $10,000.

Cheers
    Shannon
    The watch is not only its caliber, but also case, hands, dial, glass (sapphire), materials used, a bracelet .... I really doubt that in the Presage series they raised the quality of all the listed components that the watch makes, to make the price four times larger than previous one.. The GS could be had for as little as $ 5K with an SD caliber. .I really can't understand this Presage watch price , if I'm a Seikoholic-man

I have to say the following ... and if I'm a Seiko fan, I don't like the Seiko start playing the "Swiss" games.

With no service network in the world and with a skinny commercial, they (GS) jump into the price-class of Rolex, Omega, Iwc and even Zenith. I'm not saying it's worse quality, but swiss brands have far more powerful marketing and service support.

I can't accept the new price of the Presage Series as a right move (4000+ $ even in madness) so it just has the double SD caliber in one watch !
    For me, the price is full error !

Послато са Nexus 7 помоћу Тапатока
    Last edited by backarelli; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:14.
    huangcjz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by backarelli View Post
    The watch is not only its caliber, but also case, hands, dial, glass (sapphire), materials used, a bracelet .... I really doubt that in the Presage series they raised the quality of all the listed components that the watch makes, to make the price four times larger than previous one.. The GS could be had for as little as $ 5K with an SD caliber. .I really can't understand this Presage watch price , if I'm a Seikoholic-man

I have to say the following ... and if I'm a Seiko fan, I don't like the Seiko start playing the "Swiss" games.

With no service network in the world and with a skinny commercial, they (GS) jump into the price-class of Rolex, Omega, Iwc and even Zenith. I'm not saying it's worse quality, but swiss brands have far more powerful marketing and service support.

I can't accept the new price of the Presage Series as a right move (4000+ $ even in madness) so it just has the double SD caliber in one watch !
    For me, the price is full error !

There is lots of engineering done in the SD Tuna to ensure toughness and WR, imo the SD Tuna should be priced at least 6k in accordance to the ugly Presage release lol.

I am very happy with my Seikos and check here occasionally to see something new and interesting but most of the times I am having a good laugh.
    huangcjz and backarelli like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post

Cheers
    Shannon
    Yes and those are great value and it wouldn't be outrageous if they raise those prices steadily to say 4k or more in steps like everyone does in the industry. But those price inconsistencies are what people expect of invicta, I am wondering if the decision makers there ever checked their own catalogues.

I think their this piece at $AUD4000 would have been more palatable, however that being said I am lost likely purchasing this piece (pending seeing this in the metal first).

I think Seiko has to start somewhere if they want to elevate the brand, and I for one would be happy to have this piece as an under the radar stealth luxury piece over a GS.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree with this, that Seiko had to start from something to uplift its brand. But I think.... with this SD Presage price, they misses...

If this SD Land Master (pictured) costs under $ 3K, I really don't know how or what to justify the price of a new (what you call it "ugly crown") SD Presage

I'm a big fan of the Presage series, so now I feel directly affected by this multiple price hike in that series.

At first glance, it seemed to me that I saw the price (sd Presage) on the official website of 48K yen. I thought, it's impossible that with an SD caliber the watch costs so cheap. When I noticed that I left out the whole "zero" and that it was 480K yen, I fell unconscious ...

Last edited by backarelli; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    Wow, the crown fits like a glove on that amazing case design - must have been a Tanaka student.
    Even the leather straps emits the highest quality and totally doesn't look like a 10 quid amazon strap.
    I guess a bracelet would have bumped it in OP price category, not that it won't outperform it.

Converting to EUR it will cost only a BB on bracelet + a Rockstead (nice high end japanese knife).

Really hyped for this release.
    If someone from Seiko Japan reads this and doesn’t get the sarcasm, then we’re all going to be in even more trouble in the future with watch design and pricing...
    Last edited by huangcjz; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by huangcjz View Post
    If someone from Seiko Japan reads this and doesn’t get the sarcasm, then we’re all going to be in even more trouble in the future with watch design and pricing.
    I guess... not so much different humor in Seiko-Japan corporation than "watchuseek" people.
    They will understand this and improve the situation. ..

After all ...it's a Seiko !

Quote Originally Posted by huangcjz View Post
    If someone from Seiko Japan reads this and doesn’t get the sarcasm, then we’re all going to be in even more trouble in the future with watch design and pricing.
    I’ll say it in plain speak. I’ve been a Seiko fan for a long time because of the quality/value ratio provided by the brand. I have purchased many new and used Seiko’s and own a dozen or more at this moment but, these price increases are turning me off and will cause me to broaden my search on my next purchase. If I’m paying upscale prices, I’ll be buying upscale watches.

Thread Information