007?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 007?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

007?

I'm looking at purchasing an SKX007. I currently have an orange monster which I'm looking to get rid of. I am pretty rough on everything I own due to my line of work. Is the 007 a pretty tough watch? I ran across a webpage called Mad Mod World. I really like some of the stuff they have done, is anyone here familiar with this company? Thanks in advance!

Re: 007?

Seiko divers are great tough watches saying that, you may consider Casio G-shock ?

Yes it is, still is a mechanical watch with gears inside, mind you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought a 007 to use as a work watch. I got too worried about damaging it (using jack hammers and sawzalls can do some damage) and the fear of magnetizing it was always there. Ended up keeping it as a cool watch to wear around town and I now wear a dw5600e to work.

Get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what you mean by pretty rough... Hammering all day, jackhammer, pounding fence posts, sawzalls, then I'd look at a quartz. @Kinboat mentioned a G-Shock DW5600 - which I think would be a great option. I'm not typically a G-Shock fan but this one is small enough to not be in the way on my 6.75" wrists but still seems to be tough as hell (though mine hasn't exactly been punished in the 2 months I've owned it).

However, if you're not using tools that cause repetitive pounding and vibration, I'd say go for it. Though I can't vouch for Mad Mod I have been interested in a couple of their pieces over the years. Worst case you're out $200 if it doesn't hold up at work.

For a mechanical the 007 is as tough as they come but unfortunately it doesn’t even begin to compete with a G Shock in the ruggedness department.
    akierstein likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by special_K View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing an SKX007. I currently have an orange monster which I'm looking to get rid of. I am pretty rough on everything I own due to my line of work. Is the 007 a pretty tough watch? I ran across a webpage called Mad Mod World. I really like some of the stuff they have done, is anyone here familiar with this company? Thanks in advance!
    If you're rough on it, I wouldn't go automatic at all. Wal-Mart has $20 G-Shocks on sale this week. I picked one up just for the eff of it.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

My WIS Confessions

If you're already in the market for a dive watch, then YES. you won't find something sturdier (and not too expensive) that is better than an 007.

If you want the skx look then get the quartz version, 7548

Name:  574EB91F-1AA2-4CB3-8B8E-C0F24C5CADF7.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  2.89 MB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast