2020 "King Turtles" with ceremic bezel/AR coated sapphire and cyclops date/date?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 2020 "King Turtles" with ceremic bezel/AR coated sapphire and cyclops date/date?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2020 "King Turtles" with ceremic bezel/AR coated sapphire and cyclops date/date?

I was watching these since these were announced end last year with a Jan 11th release date. I broke down and ordered the blue dial from Japan. Some asian sites now have these in stock.

Had the Padi turtle back when it first came out and ended up getting a scratch on the hardex (though it was a fall incident during a hike). This version pretty much ticks all my "Turtle wishlist" with the ceremic bezel, AR coated sapphire ....not a fan of the cyclops as I have it on my Tag and you have to angle the watch at almost 90 degrees to even read the date.

The brownish hour markers would be interesting .......mine just got shipped out so I'll update this with "real life" pics upon arrival.
    Model #s are SBDY047, 051 and International versions are SRPE07, E05.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  103.0 KB
    Current Rotation: || Tag Aquaracer, Seiko "King" Turtle, Tissot Visodate, Casio GW2310, Fenix 5X Sapphire ||

Re: 2020 "King Turtles" with ceremic bezel/AR coated sapphire and cyclops date/date?

Are these a limited release? The black dial looks killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 "King Turtles" with ceremic bezel/AR coated sapphire and cyclops date/date?

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTimeWith View Post

These are the only model #s I could find ..the SBDY usually designate a JPN domestic market and SRP usually means international versions (not JPN made).
    Current Rotation: || Tag Aquaracer, Seiko "King" Turtle, Tissot Visodate, Casio GW2310, Fenix 5X Sapphire ||

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good on you for putting in one of the first orders on here! Looking forward to your updates, particularly regarding the ceramic bezel and bezel action

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTimeWith View Post

Not sure but nice prices here.
    https://japan-select.com/collections...rospex/PROSPEX
    tuffode likes this.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Quote Originally Posted by SSingh1975 View Post
    These are the only model #s I could find ..the SBDY usually designate a JPN domestic market and SRP usually means international versions (not JPN made).
    SBDY vs. SRP indicates destination market (JDM vs. international), which has nothing to do with where it is made.
    brandon\ likes this.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

Do these really have ceramic bezels? It looks like it has a normal lume pip, instead of the painted lume triangle on the new MM300.

If confirmed, ceramic and sapphire are nice upgrades, but I dislike cyclops in general, and this is no exception.

FYI, the two black dial models actually have something like a tapisserie dial, not a flat matte dial. Hopefully this means the SRP777 will stay in the catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Do these really have ceramic bezels? It looks like it has a normal lume pip, instead of the painted lume triangle on the new MM300.
    Since the only info is available for the JPN versions, most of the listed sites have the specs listed in Japanese but google translates it to ==>

"Ref. (Model number) SBDY047Domestic Price ¥ 71,500 (tax included)

This special edition is based on a popular model with the nickname of "Turtle" and combines a wave-shaped dial with the Great White Shark designated as a protected species under the Washington Treaty as a dial design motif.
    It is full of playfulness, such as hiding the dorsal fin from a familiar mask in a panic movie in a wave pattern, and making the needle into the shape of a tail fin. It also features a ceramic bezel with a vintage color along with luminous paint. And as a watch, it can be used in full-scale with waterproofing for 200m diving.
    This special model is engraved SPECIAL EDITION on the back pig.:

My 047 blue dial is sitting at Osaka Airpot in transmit to USA so I'll confirm it in 3-5 days ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SSingh1975 View Post
    Since the only info is available for the JPN versions, most of the listed sites have the specs listed in Japanese but google translates it to ==>

"[FONT="]Ref. (Model number) SBDY047[/FONT][FONT="]Domestic Price ¥ 71,500 (tax included)

[/FONT]

[FONT="]This special edition is based on a popular model with the nickname of "Turtle" and combines a wave-shaped dial with the Great White Shark designated as a protected species under the Washington Treaty as a dial design motif.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]It is full of playfulness, such as hiding the dorsal fin from a familiar mask in a panic movie in a wave pattern, and making the needle into the shape of a tail fin. It also features a ceramic bezel with a vintage color along with luminous paint. And as a watch, it can be used in full-scale with waterproofing for 200m diving.[/FONT]
    This special model is engraved SPECIAL EDITION on the back pig.:

My 047 blue dial is sitting at Osaka Airpot in transmit to USA so I'll confirm it in 3-5 days ..lol.

Had a look around online, few of the Japanese sites also say ceramic bezel. Doesn't say anything on Seiko's site, but it does say sapphire with anti reflective coating on the inside of the glass.

https://www.seikowatches.com/jp-ja/p...rospex/sbdy047

Looking forward to your unboxing!

Why You call "King Turtles" ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information