Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The 8110a Citizen Speedy Meets the Omega Speedy

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 2763
Size:  197.0 KBName:  010.JPG
Views: 2600
Size:  189.0 KBName:  008.JPG
Views: 2656
Size:  185.3 KB These two Citizen Speedys were a 2 package basket case project. There was enough to make two fully working watches, but only one was going to get all the beauty parts. I really like the black dial ones personally but the white dial was way nicer so it won out. Of the two i used the best case, dial, signed crown, case back and tachymeter bezel. The black dialed one had a small scratch on the minute recorder dial and it got the worn tachymeter bezel. I serviced, timed and restored them both to there fullest potential with the parts given in the project. Really only one of these watches should have lived, but i like these watches so the black dial rat lives too. I liked how the flourecent orange hands turned out on the black dialed one, since it needed all the help it could get. The case on it is still really nice and if i could find a nice tachymeter bezel for it i would replace the crystal at the same time. Unfortunately,its harder to find a nice bezel for these than it is to discover a ship wreck full of gold. I found it interesting that Omega and Citizens design from the 70s look so similar. Either way i wish Citizen would have tried their hand at a triple calendar automatic chronograph. 31
    Last edited by 31 Jewels; February 19th, 2012 at 21:06.

Re: The 8110a Citizen Speedy Meets the Omega Speedy

Very good looking Citizen.
    ------------------------------
    Good Dealings: editor9, iam7head, MrH42, curt941, nin9919, twjohnso, gr8sw, ryasja2009, Twistoff, JordanR, chili16, Captain Beefheart, litbruin, silveradosilver, iceman66, jatherly, husonfirst, Timecat, dothedo, PeekPoke, ingmar

Hi 31 Jewels, you may be able to help me. Do you recall a Citizen chrono about 78 vintage that had a plain black bezel, 3 sub dials and 3-4 pushers. I had one many years ago and wouldn't mind trying tp locate another.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wish you had a pic of it or could find one on the net and post it. I racked my brain on it and couldnt think of a mechanical one. Do you know if it was a quartz model maybe? 31

Wow, B! These are great! Is the orange paint you used on the sub-dial hands Humbrol Enamel? It looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by jaliya48 View Post
    Wow, B! These are great! Is the orange paint you used on the sub-dial hands Humbrol Enamel? It looks great!
    Yea, its the formula i was telling you about in the 8110a high end thread. It has a hint more flourecent "fire" in the orange that the originals, but its a flat finish thats really close. I figure after some years it will age as nice as the original color. 31

Unbelievable 31! You do some amazing work! I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts showing the progression of your projects

Thank you Makai. This is a pic of the last (4) 8110a's that i recently finished. The white Speedys original dial almost appears to be like a pearl essence in color depending on the light angle. I stripped the old original 67-9054 dial that was pictured in V's 8110a thread of its paint to see how Citizen was able to create that glow of colors. Highly polished brass dials really sets the tone for green, blue and white. Im working on 2 Citizen Bull heads that i will post down the road that i think some of the Bull Head guys might dig. 31 Name:  017.JPG
Views: 2729
Size:  206.5 KB
    Last edited by 31 Jewels; February 19th, 2012 at 20:59.

The more I think of it, I think it was quartz, it never stopped. I gave it to my brother after I wrecked it in an accident, we both had the same watch given to us by our mother. I would like to resurrect it if I can get it back. My b rother has since passed away, so I will talk to his wife and get some numbers.

ANZA, if you can get the watch back that would be a good start. Send me a pic and then hit up ebay (daily) to try to find a donor. I have 2 other members of the Seiko/Citizen forum that im working a service and resto on. I will post them up soon. When those are done and if you have a serious interest, i can post the restoration of your watch here too. 31
    Last edited by 31 Jewels; February 20th, 2012 at 19:35.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information