Advice on a Green dialed seiko 7s26 model for a mod.

Thread: Advice on a Green dialed seiko 7s26 model for a mod.

Advice on a Green dialed seiko 7s26 model for a mod.

So i recently came across a snxj92 for cheap locally and decided to scoop it up as i love the look of the rolex datejust but cant afford one. The gold dial is a little too much for my style so i started looking at possible mods i could do and i came across this new Oyster perpetual with a lovely olive green dial. Ive also been trying to resist picking up a Alpinist lately and figured i could maybe end up with something that kind of ticks both boxes at once.
    Name:  baselworld_2019_new_datejust_31_cover_video_fallback_0001_1920x1080.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  131.3 KB

So do you guys know of any 7s26 models new or old that have a similar dial color and style (not crazy about the roman numerals tbh id rather just gold indices)? If not any suggestions for cool colors of dials in this style like champagne etc. Something classy other than the typical white, black, silver or gold dials.

Re: Advice on a Green dialed seiko 7s26 model for a mod.

Take a look at the SNKM97. Green with gold accents. It comes with the same movement, so its dial+hands would fit your case. I forget which parts would have to swapped over because of the 3:00 vs 4:00 stem difference location but it can work.

When looking at the SNKM97, keep in mind that the large chapter ring and so on is what's making the case larger than yours. The dial proper will be the right diameter.

Thanks for the suggestion. Its definitely a model i looked at but wasn't sure if the dial would fit but it makes sense that the chapter ring is whats making it fit the larger case. I actually read last night that 6r15 dials and 7s26 are a straight swap so I should be able to fit an alpinist dial into the snxj no problem. Ill update this post once I have it completed in case anyone else wants to give it a shot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Careful... I could be wrong, but I don't think the 7S26 has the eccentrics used to attach some of the 6R15 dials used on the SARBs. They don't use the standard 7S26 dial pegs.
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

Rolling eyes Re: Advice on a Green dialed seiko 7s26 model for a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco99 View Post
    Careful... I could be wrong, but I don't think the 7S26 has the eccentrics used to attach some of the 6R15 dials used on the SARBs. They don't use the standard 7S26 dial pegs.
    Thanks for the heads up. I found a few cases of people fitting various SARB dials into skx's so i reached out to them to see what their experiences were. In the meantime this gold dial on the SNXJ is actually growing on me.

Thread Information