Any Seiko Blue monster owners out there?

Thread: Any Seiko Blue monster owners out there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi guys,

I just got a blue monster and I'm really liking it but I'm finding its very different in some ways from the 'standard' black/orange monsters. For one thing, as any monster owner knows, sometime around 12am to 3am you see the day displayed in latin(?) and I was surprised to see that for the blue monster, this alternate time is shown in roman numerals (i.e. wed/III, thu/IV)

But imagine my surprise when sunday came and went and here I am at 1:45am on a Monday morning and the alternate display for sunday is .... a red square?!! Nothing else?? Does anybody know if this is normal or is this blue monster defective? Shouldn't it be showing 'VII' in red or something? So please, any blue monster owners let me now if this is normal or not because I recently got this thing and I can exchange it for a short amount of time.

Locomoco.

Re: Any Seiko Blue monster owners out there?

From the pictures I've seen of other Seiko watches with Roman numerals, that's actually how it is. Nothing defective there, assuming it doesn't bother you now that you know it's not a defect: enjoy the watch

The blue is for Thailand.
    They use Roman numerals for the days (ans a red square for sunday).

So it's allright
    Monsters rule

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So how limited is the blue anyway? Really...

Other than limited to Thai market originally, what are the numbers?
    current:
    Tissot PR50 Titanium Seven

incoming:
    -

"under consideration":
    -

current grail list:
    Breitling Chrono-Matic 24H
    Breitling Aerospace Avantage
    Seiko Prospex MarineMaster 600M SpringDrive SBDB001
    GrandSeiko GMT SpringDrive SBGE001

GrandSeiko 200M SpringDrive Ti Diver SBGA031

Thanks for all the info guys. That puts my mind at ease. :thanks

From what I gather, its not 'limited edition' in the same league as the yellow monsters. Mine says "790/'06" so does that mean there was a batch made in 2005? What about 2007? It still means there alot more blue ones than the rare yellow.

Locomoco.

The Blue is going for almost 3 times the price of either the blue or black monsters, isn't it?

Yes, the Blue is commanding around $325.00USD, or thereabouts. It is a restricted-sale model, but I wouldn't consider it an LE.

I still want one though, to complete the Family.

I've got a Yellow, and it rocks! I went to the Seiko store just before Christmas, and was suprised when the clerk actually knew what it was! He pointed it out to the manager, and she knew of it also. I was blown away. I just figured that the help was like the help anywhere else; there to sell a product, but not necessarily knowledgeable of the product. I am impressed.

Hey Locomoco ... got any pictures? Show it off!
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    Yes, the Blue is commanding around $325.00USD, or thereabouts. It is a restricted-sale model, but I wouldn't consider it an LE.

I still want one though, to complete the Family.

I've got a Yellow, and it rocks! I went to the Seiko store just before Christmas, and was suprised when the clerk actually knew what it was! He pointed it out to the manager, and she knew of it also. I was blown away. I just figured that the help was like the help anywhere else; there to sell a product, but not necessarily knowledgeable of the product. I am impressed.

Hey Locomoco ... got any pictures? Show it off!
    Brietlingman I would love to! Unfortunately, my old mac can no longer access photobucket like it used to... I need to borrow someone's PC to upload and post pics. But dude, you are my hero if you got all of the 'monster family. Since you already have the rarest one- (yellow) it won't be too hard to get the more available blue to complete your collection man. Do you happen to know was it only in the Asia market that the yellow was made available?

Although these are only intended for one national market, they're readily available from a number of online sources, typically around €230 EUR or less (under $300 USD).

Quote Originally Posted by Locomoco View Post
    Brietlingman I would love to! Unfortunately, my old mac can no longer access photobucket like it used to... I need to borrow someone's PC to upload and post pics. But dude, you are my hero if you got all of the 'monster family. Since you already have the rarest one- (yellow) it won't be too hard to get the more available blue to complete your collection man. Do you happen to know was it only in the Asia market that the yellow was made available?
    Hey Locomoco

I understand the problem with the old Mac; my last 'puter died badly, so the new one is now in charge. Amazing the difference 7 years makes in the electronic world .....

When you can do it, I'd love to see the pics of the new watch; no pressure ....

Concerning the Yellow Monster, it really is an LE. 300 pieces were commisioned for the 2004 Bangkok Watch & Jewelry Fair. As I understand it, all of them sold very quickly. Though they initially met with a luke-warm reception, they seem to be enjoying a resurgence in the WIS world.

The sapphire crystal and the cyclops differenciate them from the other versions. The Yellow shares the 7s36 and the sapphire crystal with the Blue, but adds the cyclops to really be different. I wear it in (limited) rotation, as I think it's a very good-looking piece. And the plus is that my wife loves the colour; she's *eh* about the Black and Orange. I'm curious of her reaction to the Blue once I've aquired it.

Once the Blue arrives, I'll capture all four of the members in pics, and share them around ... watch this space ....
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information