WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Any Seiko Prospex Ti Samurai owners out there?

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Pascal S 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there guys :
I just place an order for a Seiko Ti Samurai
SBDA003 the one with blue dial. Is there any owners
out there that can say something about this model or
send pics? pic borrow from Boris site

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I am waiting on one myself-

I purchased a Black dial auto from a fellow WIS last week and am now (im)patiently waiting on the US postal service. I have been reading reviews and "talking" with other owners and cannot find anyone with anything negative to say. Sounds like more solid, dependability from Seiko.....I can't wait!

You mention it fits well on your small wrist.....what size wrist?

Thanks

#5 ·
I've owned the orange dialed version for about 2 1/2 years now. I love the watch, it is very light for it's size. The case itself is thick, more so than the standard Seiko (007,009's). The knurling on the edge of the bezel and on the crown makes them very easy to grasp, the bezel especially so underwater with gloves on.

The markers on the dial are smaller than on other Seikos but the luminescence is just as good. I like the mirrored appearance of the markers and find them easy to read in the daylight and underwater.

#7 · (Edited)
I got a SBDA001 from Higuchi in 2004, great diver IMO, esp. ti case, solid ti bracelet and dial. 7S25 caliber performed just right, around +10s/day tolerance. But titanium bracelet is prone to scratches, plastic feeling unlike steel, I normally switch to rubber strap, the new design z-22 strap is more attractive. I sold it a year later as I need fund to get SBBN007 and SKX171. I admit it a mistake.

SBDA001 is surely much better than SKX171, better dail, MUCH better lumibrite painting, and SKX171 7S26 runs very so so as a timepiece, +35-45S/dayO| uneven and insufficient lumibrite paintingO|, I rid off SKX171 very soon, only keep Seiko tuna can.

#9 ·
have the orange one, purchased from japan ... it's one great watch and my first non-swiss automatic

now, if it could only keep better time (-30/+45 ... what kind of specs are those?)

still, for the money, it's got the look and feel of a watch costing more ... i actually sold my anonimo millemetri orange dial when this was delivered (and bought a ball engineer hydrocarbon "mad cow" to replace it); the orange on this isn't that "coral-orange" or "pink-orange" like the anonimo ... it's ORANGE :))

anyway, i highly recommend it ... several people i know have bought the black one (i'm od'd on black faces)

dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.