Astron

Thread: Astron

Astron

I got into Seiko from collecting Swiss then GS, and after my trusty AD forced them on me, i finally accepted defeat and became obsessed with Seiko.........but out of all the Seiko lines on the forums, the Astron never gets mentioned much.
    Stalking the Arnie opened up the idea of other quartz Seikos........
    Any thoughts?

Re: Astron

Don’t know what it is but unlike most Seikos the Astronaut range never blew me away.

People on here generally don't like paying a lot of money for quartz watches. Don't let that put you off, I've had one and they're great and are finished to a very high level, and now they've also been reduced to a nice size at just under 43mm. I want another one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the Astron and the current crop of models are slimmer and snag the GPS signal quicker then the earlier models

I liked my 2016 Astron but the thing was way way to tall on the wrist and took forever to get the signal.

By contrast, my Citizen Satellite Wave watch that I bought in 2017 is slimmer, fits the wrist better(at least mine) and quickly got the GPS signal. The only thing I hate about the citizen is the 23mm lugs.

That is it in a nutshell. Most folks bought the Citizen.

The Astron had a higher MSRP then the Citizen but seemed to get worse GPS reception and was cumbersome.

Thread Information