Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee - Page 11
Like Tree683Likes

Thread: Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee

Quote Originally Posted by N.Caffrey View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen a 93 Honda Civic has spoken.

We can now close the thread; sucks to see everyone get burned with a alpinist deemed ugly by a 93 Honda Civic. Resale values should plummet.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    N.Caffrey and trf2271 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cduff406 View Post
    Does anyone make curved end rubber straps for the Alpinist?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

Have not purchased a watch in years and bought it within minutes of seeing the post. Love SEIKO... the Cocktail Time (SARB065) was my first real watch and I use a SBCA001 as my daily. This watch, ugh! Perfect size and amazing colours...at this fantastic price and LIMITED? NO BRAINER!

Any one know the best bracelet for this? There are so many to choose from on strapcode with differences that are unclear.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdGuy View Post
    Well, damn you. LOL
    I'll be sure to save one for you if you want it ;)
    WeirdGuy likes this.
    |Ω

I bought a green one at the discontinue. Ended up loving it and have a few straps - currently on a Strapcode gold/silver jubilee bracelet. Looks great.
    Always thought blue would be good and now I have one coming. Damn fine. And an LE to boot - which keeps supply down and prices (probably) up. But i don’t care about future prices coz I’ll be keeping it, coz I’m a convert. So much a convert I registered to post.
    Those who miss Hodinkee should keep searching Seiko because they apparently will have some of the 1959...

Quote Originally Posted by adashu View Post
    honestly, I couldn't disagree more. it is a cult classic. It is ACTUALLY limited to a number, and the international market never even got a shot at this. The secondary demand from int. buyers alone will boost it.

TBH im actually surprised there's a bit of hate? I think this is an absolute slam dunk. Perhaps old time seiko fans just upset about the new prices of 6r movements, which is indeed understandable...

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    That's a nice looking watch. My advice: let it go, check f29 in a few months when people who impulse-bought them are flipping them for $400 (and disappointed that being "LE" won't bring more).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    It’s cause they A) couldn’t afford it (it’s only $600 wtf), B) They missed out and are trying to downplay it, C) they genuinely don’t like the watch.
    Last edited by Seilu; March 6th, 2019 at 03:58.
    LCandela likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Have not purchased a watch in years and bought it within minutes of seeing the post. Love SEIKO... the Cocktail Time (SARB065) was my first real watch and I use a SBCA001 as my daily. This watch, ugh! Perfect size and amazing colours...at this fantastic price and LIMITED? NO BRAINER!

Any one know the best bracelet for this? There are so many to choose from on strapcode with differences that are unclear.

The strapcode chrome/gold jubilee from Long Island Watches works great on my green one. It’s SO solid. See my IG for a pic. I might go for jubilee for this one. If you want proper details I can post. Really happy I got one. And LE as well - magic.
    Coolcicada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by themattador24 View Post
    Is the dial matte compared to the regular sunburst green Alpinist?
    A little hard to see in the limited photos. I think the sunburst contributed a lot to the charm of the original green version.
    Oh man, this would be sweet. Even sweeter would be the "blue hole effect," like they did with the SPB083
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

I almost had one, twice. First time, it got removed from my cart after about 5 minutes while I was trying to tell myself it wasn't an impulse buy. Checked the site again 30 minutes later and saw it was available. I got all the way through, entered my CC info, and it said sold out when I clicked to complete the order. Not dying to have one of these but it's a bit of a bummer to get all the way through the process just to be told its sold out. I'm surprised Hodinkee doesn't put a timer on LE items in the shopping cart to prevent this kind of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by rondeaux View Post
    I almost had one, twice. First time, it got removed from my cart after about 5 minutes while I was trying to tell myself it wasn't an impulse buy. Checked the site again 30 minutes later and saw it was available. I got all the way through, entered my CC info, and it said sold out when I clicked to complete the order. Not dying to have one of these but it's a bit of a bummer to get all the way through the process just to be told its sold out. I'm surprised Hodinkee doesn't put a timer on LE items in the shopping cart to prevent this kind of confusion.
    Not sure how much of the stock Hodinkee got, but they said Seiko will be selling as well. There’s hope.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information