Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee - Page 61
Like Tree683Likes

Thread: Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Re: Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee

Quote Originally Posted by Stromboli View Post
    To be honest I'm sure that I could save up a bit to fund one but I am very much still on the fence with the size. I like the 20 mm lug width but with my smaller 7.5" wrist I really am afraid to commit at this point. I guess I'm waiting for some comparison shots with watches such as the 40 mm Hamiliton Khaki Field or the 007 something like that.
    7.5"? That's a pretty big wrist. Did you mean 6.5"?

Blue Seiko Alpinist US limited edition Hodinkee

The fourth time was the charm for me. I had one in the Hodinkee cart on the launch morning but got distracted and when I tried to place the order it was sold out. I put myself on the waitlist however. I then started stalking the Seiko US site but somehow I missed the narrow window it was available.

Last week Thursday I got an email from Hodinkee that it was available again, so I jumped on it and placed my order. Within an hour or so however I received another email that informed me they really didnít have one available for me so they had to cancel my order and refund my credit card (it had already been charged). This email implies that there would be more available in the summer. I replied to this e-mail and expressed my disappointment, and asking if I could ďreserveĒ now one from the summer release. I didnít hear anything back. I figured 3 strikes meant I was out of luck on the blue Alpinist at this point and placed an order for a Steinhart Ocean 39 Plexi Limited Edition from Gnomon.com. They are great by the way and I had the watch by the following Monday!

Lo and behold, late Monday afternoon I get an email from an actual person at Hodinkee apologizing for my order foul up and also letting me know that a piece had become available and that they were holding it for me if I wanted it! Without hesitation I placed the order, and it arrived early Wednesday morning! They didnít even charge me for the next day shipping. Iím very happy with the watch so far. I put it on a generic oyster rivet bracelet I had laying around and it fits the watch perfectly and feels great on the wrist. Iím also pretty happy with the experience with Hodinkee. I treated them respectfully when my initial order fell through and Iím sure that didnít hurt my chances when another watch became available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RocketHurricane View Post
    The fourth time was the charm for me. I had one in the Hodinkee cart on the launch morning but got distracted and when I tried to place the order it was sold out. I put myself on the waitlist however. I then started stalking the Seiko US site but somehow I missed the narrow window it was available.

Last week Thursday I got an email from Hodinkee that it was available again, so I jumped on it and placed my order. Within an hour or so however I received another email that informed me they really didnít have one available for me so they had to cancel my order and refund my credit card (it had already been charged). This email implies that there would be more available in the summer. I replied to this e-mail and expressed my disappointment, and asking if I could ďreserveĒ now one from the summer release. I didnít hear anything back. I figured 3 strikes meant I was out of luck on the blue Alpinist at this point and placed an order for a Steinhart Ocean 39 Plexi Limited Edition from Gnomon.com. They are great by the way and I had the watch by the following Monday!

Lo and behold, late Monday afternoon I get an email from an actual person at Hodinkee apologizing for my order foul up and also letting me know that a piece had become available and that they were holding it for me if I wanted it! Without hesitation I placed the order, and it arrived early Wednesday morning! They didnít even charge me for the next day shipping. Iím very happy with the watch so far. I put it on a generic oyster rivet bracelet I had laying around and it fits the watch perfectly and feels great on the wrist. Iím also pretty happy with the experience with Hodinkee. I treated them respectfully when my initial order fell through and Iím sure that didnít hurt my chances when another watch became available.

What generic strap?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    What generic strap?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I couldnít tell you really. Itís something I picked up on eBay from some Chinese source several years ago. Try searching for oyster rivet on eBay. I see one for about $90 now (mine was much much cheaper however)

valuewatchguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromboli View Post
    ...but with my smaller 7.5" wrist...
    ????

That to me sounds huge.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

I prefer the green one because it's more nature-themed, but blue feels very Japanese and more premium.

No it is a small 7.5" wrist, I know I should hang out with kids my own age. But I like this blue Alpinist so much.

Here it is with my 3rd Gen OM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yankeexpress likes this.

Hi! Y whant to buy the Blue. Seiko Alpinist !

The blue Alpinist looks great to me, as a big fan of blue watches......but.....I already have the green Alpinist, obtained last year for around $360 new. So I am not real psyched to pay MSRP of $600 for a new blue one, not to mention the higher pre-owned prices on watchrecon and elsewhere.

So last week I was contemplating this conundrum when I noticed a version of an old friend in a color I didn't have with a better movement than the Seiko and at much lower price:

So this is my blue Alpinist substitute and I am very pleased at my good luck and decision. I already have both versions of the blue Kontiki, blue dial and white dial with blue indices.

Neognosis, ThomasH and London006 like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Thread Information