Citizen Perpetual Calendar date-setting

Thread: Citizen Perpetual Calendar date-setting

Citizen Perpetual Calendar date-setting

Please help me! I own a Citizen BL5280-52W eco-drive Perpetual Calendar (yellow luminous dial), but my date window changes at NOON! I've tried re-setting the date at midnite, early and late morning hours, to NO AVAIL! Please, SOMEONE, tell me how I can get the date to change at MIDNITE instead of NOON! Do I need to perform the "ALL RE-SET" procedure? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! rogmiller

Thread moved to Seiko/Citizen forum. The members of this forum will certainly be able to assist you.

Good luck.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Re: Citizen Perpetual Calendar date-setting

Quote Originally Posted by rogmiller View Post
    Please help me! I own a Citizen BL5280-52W eco-drive Perpetual Calendar (yellow luminous dial), but my date window changes at NOON! I've tried re-setting the date at midnite, early and late morning hours, to NO AVAIL! Please, SOMEONE, tell me how I can get the date to change at MIDNITE instead of NOON! Do I need to perform the "ALL RE-SET" procedure? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! rogmiller
    Hi,

Have you tryed to go trough the manual? Or wasn't there one included?

IMPORTANT NOTE
    If you suspect a malfunction or the hands are in an incorrectposition, first check the 0-position of the hands by pullingthe crown out one click and rotate it to move the modehand (6:00 sub dial) to indicate (CHR). Pull the crownout an additional ‘click’ to the setting position. If the handsand date do not move to the correct 0-positions (pointingstraight up to 12:00 with the date at ‘1’), it will be necessaryto perform the all reset and 0-position procedures.After a full recharge from complete power loss or if abnormaloperation is noted, an ALL RESET and 0-POSITIONINGCORRECTION will be needed prior to setting the time andcalendar.
    ALL RESET AND 0-POSITON PROCEDURE
    o
    Pull the crown out 1 ‘click’. Turn the crown to set the modehand (6:00 sub dial) to the chronograph [CHR] position.
    o
    Pull the crown out an additional ‘click’ (0-positioncorrection mode). Each of the hands and date moves totheir respective 0-positions stored in memory and then stop.(note: this may take a few minutes to complete)
    o
    Simultaneously press and hold the upper right (B)and lower right (A) buttons for two seconds then release.Following a confirmation tone, the minute, chronographsecond, and chronograph minute hands will move backand forth slightly indicating the ALL RESET procedure wassuccessful.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). The minutehand will move slightly indicating the hour, minute and24-hour hands may now be set to their 0-position.
    o
    Rotate the crown so that the hour, minute and 24-hourhands are pointing straight up (12:00). (note: the 24-hourhand moves in conjunction with the hour hand.)
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). The secondhand will move slightly indicating it may now be set to its0-position. Rotate the crown to move the chronographsecond hand to the 12:00 position.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). Thechronograph minute hand (upper right sub dial) willmove slightly indicating it and the date are active for 0-positioning.
    o
    Rotate the crown to set date of the date of month to ‘31’.(Rotating the crown quickly will engage the rapid advancefunction. To stop the rapid advance function, rotate thecrown one ‘click’.)
    o
    Continue to rotate the crown slowly until ‘1’ is shown inthe center of the date window and the chronograph minutehand (upper right sub dial) indicates 12:00.
    o
    Push the crown in two ‘clicks’ to the closed position next tothe case. This completes the 0-positioning procedure. Youmust now set the time and calendar.
    TO SET THE TIME AND CALENDAR
    o
    Pull the crown out 1 ‘click’ and rotate the crown clockwiseor counterclockwise to move the mode hand (6:00 sub dial)to the time (TME) position.
    o
    Pull the crown out one an additional ‘click’ (two ‘clicks’out) to the time/calendar setting position.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). Thesecond hand will move to the 0-position set in memorythen stop. The minute had will move slighty indicating it isactive for setting.NOTE: If the second hand stops at any other position,you must perform an ALL RESETand 0-POSITIONINGCORRECTION.
    o
    Rotate the crown clockwise (right) to set the current time.Pay particular attention to the position of the 24-hour hand(upper left sub dial) to ensure the correct A.M. or P.M. timeis set. (Rotating the crown quickly will engage the rapidadvance function. To stop the rapid advance function,rotate the crown one ‘click’.)
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). Thechronograph minute hand (upper right sub dial) will moveslightly indicating the leap year designation may be set.
    o
    Rotate the crown clockwise (right) to adjust thechronograph minute hand (upper right sub dial) to indicatethe current leap year designation.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). The secondhand will make a full rotation and stop at the last monthof year in memory indicating the month of year may nowbe set.
    o
    Rotate the crown clockwise to align the second hand toindicate the current month of the year. Each hour locationwill correspond to a month.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B). Thechronograph minute hand (2:00 sub dial) will make onerotation counterclockwise then return indicating the dateof month may be set.
    o
    Rotate the crown clockwise to set the current date of themonth. (NOTE: the function hand (upper right sub dial) willrotate 4 revolutions for each date change).
    o
    Press the crown in two ‘clicks’ to the closed position nextto the case. This completes setting the time and calendar.
    TO USE THE CHRONOGRAPH
    The chronograph will measure up to a maximum of 59minutes and 59.99 seconds in 1/20 second incrementsand then stop at the 0-position. NOTE: Be sure to reset thechronograph after each use to conserve power.
    o
    Pull the crown out one ‘click’ and rotate it to move themode hand (6:00 sub dial) to the chronograph (CHR)position. The second hand will move to the 12:00 positionindicating the watch is in chronograph mode.
    o
    Push the crown in one ‘click’ to the closed position nextto the case.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B) to start orstop the chronograph. A confirmation beep will signal whenthe upper right button (B) is pressed. While measuring theelapsed time, the chronograph minute hand (2:00 sub dial)records elapsed minutes and 1/20th of a second. Afterthe chronograph is stopped, if the lower right button (A)is pressed and held, the chronograph minute hand willindicate the 1/20 of a second.
    o
    To return the chronograph hands to 12:00 after thechronograph is stopped, press and hold down the upperright button (B) for approximately 2 seconds.
    TO USE THE ALARM
    Once set and activated, the alarm will sound for 15 secondsat the set time every 24-hours based on the time set. Itcannot be set for the travel (LTM) time.
    o
    Pull the crown out 1 ‘click’ and rotate the crown clockwiseor counterclockwise to move the mode hand (6:00 sub dial)to the alarm (ALM) position. The hands will move to thefollowing positions:Second hand: moves to the 30-second (6:00) positionHour, Minute and 24-hour hands: moves to indicate thelast set alarm time.
    o
    Pull the crown out an additional ‘click’ (two ‘clicks’ out) toactivate the alarm setting mode.
    o
    Rotate the crown clockwise (right) to set the desired alarmtime. Be sure to pay particular attention to the 24-hour hand(upper left sub dial) to ensure the correct A.M. or P.M. timeis set.
    o
    To activate the alarm, press and release the upper rightbutton (B) to change the position of the chrongoraph secondhand to indicate ‘on’ (8:30) or ‘off’ (7:30).
    o
    Push the crown in two ‘clicks’ to the closed position next tothe case. This completes the alarm setting.
    TO ACTIVATE OR DEACTIVATE THE ALARM
    Once the alarm time is set, you may wish to activate ordeactivate the alarm.
    o
    Pull the crown out 1 ‘click’ and rotate the crown clockwiseor counterclockwise to move the mode hand (6:00 sub dial)to the alarm (ALM) position.
    o
    Pull the crown out an additional ‘click’ (two ‘clicks’ out) toactivate the alarm setting mode.
    o
    Press and release the upper right button (B) to changethe position of the second hand to indicate ‘on’ (8:30) or‘off’ 7:30)
    o
    Press the crown in two ‘clicks to the closed position nextto the case. This completes the alarm activation/deactivationprocedure
    Models - BL53** Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
    Mvmt. Cal. No. E820
    Chronograph Minute/1/20 second hand handLower Right Button (A)CrownMode HandTime Second/Chronograph Second Hand24-Hour Hand
    Leap Year (ex. year 2008)1 year past leap year (ex. year 2009)2 years past leap year (ex. year 2010)3 years past leap year (ex. year 2011)
    Upper Right Button (B)Hour HandMinute Hand
    For more in depth instructions please refer to the completeinstruction manual or the technical support section of our
    web site at Welcome to Citizen Watches Online

Hope this will help,
    Elf.
    Hey man , watch the road man , WATCH the road !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Citizen Perpetual Calendar date-setting

Quote Originally Posted by rogmiller View Post
    Yes, perform the All Re-set, and then go completely through the setting procedure. Download the instructions from the citizen website first, if you don't already have them.I have had this exact same thing happen with one I bought second-hand recently, and this procedure fixed the problem. Be prepared to have an uninterrupted hour or two to do this, since it's a lengthy procedure requiring your full attention.

Thread Information