Clockwork Orange 7A38-7020 Dial Repaint by seller Vividlily on eBay
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clockwork Orange 7A38-7020 Dial Repaint by seller Vividlily on eBay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Clockwork Orange 7A38-7020 Dial Repaint by seller Vividlily on eBay

I've written a fairly comprehensive thread on my own forum about this over-polished 7A38-7020 with a garish, but skillfully re-painted bright orange dial which appeared on eBay in the States last weekend. I've also done some investigation into the eBay seller - Vividlily, who has numerous other watches listed, whose dials have obviously been re-painted (some even with Disney cartoon characters and Cannabis logos) - many in bright non-original colours. These 'restored' watches would appear to originate from India, but are sold through a Beverly Hills / Los Angeles address.

Fantastic Seiko Chronograph Sports 100 7A38-7020 Classic Japanese Watch 1980 PB7 | eBay

What surprised me is that there hadn't been any other mention of it on any of the major Seiko-oriented watch forums: SCWF, WristSushi nor here on WUS. This is incidentally the first 7A38 with a re-painted dial that I've ever personally seen listed on eBay.

Does anyone on here have any experience of dealing with seller Vividlily (or their parent company Limcor Inc.) ?

Thread on my forum if anyone's interested: http://www.............../apps/forums.../show/13304672

Question Re: Clockwork Orange 7A38-7020 Dial Repaint by seller Vividlily on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    Does anyone on here have any experience of dealing with seller Vividlily (or their parent company Limcor Inc.) ?
    Nobody going to admit to buying a watch from them then ?

Re: Clockwork Orange 7A38-7020 Dial Repaint by seller Vividlily on eBay

Thanks for all the effort you put in to point out these shysters to the watch community. Even though i am not into quartz chronos, i appreciate your efforts.
    l
    Ian

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, you can try all you like, but all it ever takes is one mug punter who hasn't done his homework.

Fantastic Seiko Chronograph Sports 100 7A38-7020 Classic Japanese Watch 1980 PB7 | eBay

Hard to believe that someone actually paid the full asking price of $999 for this over-polished re-painted turd.

Last edited by Seiko7A38; March 30th, 2016 at 13:40.

I realize this post is way old but NEVER buy anything from Vividlilly on eBay. I purchased a $4200 Rolex 1601 from them.. little did they know I am an expert at these watches.. I service a 1575 movement at least once or twice a month. The movement I got was absolutely fake! I even had a guy from the Rolex horological school in Pennsylvania verify that I was correct. It ended up in a war which yes I won but was a huge pain! Notice all the pictures of the movements are generic!!!!! The same pic featured for each watch of the same make and caliber.. watch for this!! Do NOT buy! The same guy also uses another user name which is: Montre48 The guy is making bank of fakes and once in a while there will be a real with papers and a box.. they do know how to polish well.

Do you think that US$999 was for both or each??

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    Hard to believe that someone actually paid the full asking price of $999 for this over-polished re-painted turd.

And then US$70 more to have it shipped.

We can only hope that was a shill, stepping in at the end...

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kiikiipoossmith View Post
    I realize this post is way old but NEVER buy anything from Vividlilly on eBay. I purchased a $4200 Rolex 1601 from them.. little did they know I am an expert at these watches.. I service a 1575 movement at least once or twice a month. The movement I got was absolutely fake! I even had a guy from the Rolex horological school in Pennsylvania verify that I was correct. It ended up in a war which yes I won but was a huge pain! Notice all the pictures of the movements are generic!!!!! The same pic featured for each watch of the same make and caliber.. watch for this!! Do NOT buy! The same guy also uses another user name which is: Montre48 The guy is making bank of fakes and once in a while there will be a real with papers and a box.. they do know how to polish well.
    I'm surprised you even purchased in the first place. I've seen those listings for a while now and the pictures hit you smack in the face as over restored tat, so one would expect not much care with the other details - like movement authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiikiipoossmith View Post
    The same guy also uses another user name which is: Montre48 The guy is making bank of fakes and once in a while there will be a real with papers and a box.. they do know how to polish well.
    Indeed they do - and also how to excessively re-plate. Thanks for making the connection between Vividlily and Montre48 for me.
    I should have sussed it myself in hindsight. In December last year Montre48 listed what once was a Korean made gold-tone 7A38-7060.
    Quite a rare niche find, except someone had obliterated the all-important Korea SV case-back stamping and re-plated it in 18ct Gold !!
    All the hallmarks (pun intended) of an overpriced Vividlily botched watch were there too. I simply failed to put two and two together.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-7A3...p2047675.l2557

Oops. Guess who ended up buying the same ex-Montre48 blinged up 7A38-7060 off Catawiki ?

Who is James Brindle?
    l
    Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information