Collar and pin?????
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Collar and pin?????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Collar and pin?????

I've just bought a Seiko superior SRP309 but I need to adjust the bracelet which is apparently collar and pin can't find any really clear instructions on how to remove a link(s) does anybody have a link to some instructions or am I best off taking it to a jewellers for £10???

Re: Collar and pin?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jage View Post
    I've just bought a Seiko superior SRP309 but I need to adjust the bracelet which is apparently collar and pin can't find any really clear instructions on how to remove a link(s) does anybody have a link to some instructions or am I best off taking it to a jewellers for £10???

While it is Temping to find a Jeweler to do it for you... you need to find someone you trust... these forums have had several posts about jewelry store people losing the collars and the watch band falling apart.

it is relatively easy to do yourself...

I used this guide when I resized my SRP637 bracelet..

Resizing a Monster Bracelet | How to Resize a Seiko Monster Bracelet | Watch It All About

serveral things.. make sure you work space is clean and watch out for the collars or pins falling make sure where you are working is a place you can find them should they fall... also the collars have a tendency to hang on the pin tool when pushing the pin out... check for that..

up to you really I found it not bad doing myself.. if you do have someone else do it ... make sure they are familiar with the pin and collars and double check the pins/ collars are all present and installed correctly before leaving (and obliviously make sure they give you all the extra pins, collars and links to take with you when they are done.

Thanks much appreciated that's what slightly puts me off taking it to a jewellers I've been reading a lot of accounts about watches bracelets falling apart after having it back from the jewellers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There's a spike with the collar threads. What gives?

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teatimecrumpet View Post
    There's a spike with the collar threads. What gives?

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    post xmas.../ begining of tax refund season..maybe more people with new monsters lately?

Thanks much appreciated that's what slightly puts me off taking it to a jewellers I've been reading a lot of accounts about watches bracelets falling apart after having it back from the jewellers
    If you live in a large metro you could take it to a watchmaker and pay around $10. Just go to google maps, find your city, and type in watchmaker or watch repair.

I had a similar issue and I ended up buying a watch link remover...... and a bunch of straps I didn't need, this, this, and this, as well as a Seiko 5 that was on sale for $47. Plus, having Seiko USA, send me some links w/ pins/collars.... took over an hour on the phone to confirm as the lady was frightened I didn't have the Orange Monster for some reason (I think the bracelet is the same color on both?)

These wus members seem to know what they're doing though.

Best of luck :)
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; February 9th, 2016 at 03:41.

If you do try it yourself There is a pin collar system that the the collar goes in and will stay in one side of the link. The other set up has the collar easily fall out the other side of the link. You have to push on both sides at the same time. You can can feel it seat together. You may need a magnifying glass but if you look close you can see it seat and look at another link to see if its the same. Took me a min but i just adjusted my srp775.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in an average English city with the usual high street jewellers H Samuel,Ernest Jones beaverbrooks

That was a mistake can't get the bracelet stay together at this rate I'll never get my beloved orange monster on my wrist Might send it to Seiko for my own piece of mind

That was a mistake can't get the bracelet stay together at this rate I'll never get my beloved orange monster on my wrist😬😬 Might send it to Seiko for my own piece of mind
    I read that someone recommended holding the collar in the far side of the link in with the point of a ball point pen as you push the link pin in from the other side. Might be worth a shot.

Good luck.
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information