This could theoretically be my two watch collection…
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: This could theoretically be my two watch collection…

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This could theoretically be my two watch collection…

"Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Re: This could theoretically be my two watch collection…

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post

I could see that as well, nice pair. The Shogun for most every day and the 5 for dressy occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    brandon\ and Slm643 like this.

But what are you going to wear on days 3, 4 and 5?

I'd say its a good start.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Two does not make a Seiko watch collection.
    Hale color likes this.

I don't know... I could respect a 2 watch collection if it's done right.

I like this pairing. Covers most of your bases. Get a few straps to vary things up and you're all set.

I love the Shogun. Been on the fence about getting one for myself for a while. Part of my hesitation is that it would be too much overlap with the SKX and I'd have to get rid of one or the other. Also, if I did get one, I'd have to pony up for the old dial version because I don't want that X on the dial.

If it were me, I'd upgrade the 5 to a SARB. I could make myself happy with just a SARB and a Shogun if it came down to it.

Right now my two most worn watches are the SARB and SKX. I'd have a really hard time getting rid of the SKX. The SARB will never leave.
    rcorreale likes this.
    Casio DW5600E-1V; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Sea-Gull(?) 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007, SSB033; Timex: T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco99 View Post
    I don't know... I could respect a 2 watch collection if it's done right.

I like this pairing. Covers most of your bases. Get a few straps to vary things up and you're all set.

I love the Shogun. Been on the fence about getting one for myself for a while. Part of my hesitation is that it would be too much overlap with the SKX and I'd have to get rid of one or the other. Also, if I did get one, I'd have to pony up for the old dial version because I don't want that X on the dial.

If it were me, I'd upgrade the 5 to a SARB. I could make myself happy with just a SARB and a Shogun if it came down to it.

Right now my two most worn watches are the SARB and SKX. I'd have a really hard time getting rid of the SKX. The SARB will never leave.
    I had a SARB. It just didn’t turn my crankshaft. At the time I owned it I thought people were certifiably nuts for saying it was too big for the style. Now I get it. This Seiko 5 is 2mm smaller at 36mm and quite a bit thinner. This size suits this style of watch much better.

And don’t get me wrong, the SARBs are nice watches. They just don’t have anything particularly interesting about them. This 5 has a lot of interesting quirks. It has a Roman day wheel and a 7009 movement that changes the day with a push of the crown. It does ape the Datejust - almost to a T. But I prefer the fluted bezel. I also really dig Seiko’s crappy jubilee bracelets. I tried one on my SARB and it just didn’t fit and look right. This jubilee is for an SKX013 and fits the end links that came with the watch.

I also get what you’re saying about the Shogun. I’ve owned a handful of SKXs and the Shogun just does it for me. The weight and Seiko’s finishing on the Ti is freaking sweet. They also nailed it with the sharp and crisp lines of the case. This is probably heresy, but the Shogun would have been just fine with a 7S or 4R at a lower price.
    MrDisco99 likes this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

There’s so much out there Brandon. How on Earth do to manage to keep it at two?

Would love to see some Shogun wrist shots with wrist size stated for reference as I’m contemplating getting one. My wrist is 7” and I’m hesitant about the 50mm lug to lug dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had two they would be an SLA017 and a 62MAS (early issue).

Mind sharing the model number on that silver Seiko 5? I'm diggin' that.
    FTPOSMMS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information