WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Creation Watches Legit?

188K views 202 replies 87 participants last post by  ksuksenos 
#1 ·
Just bought a turtle from creation. Communication was great, shipping was fast. Ordered sunday, arrived in chicago wedsnesday.

I realize they aren't and ad and I'm okay with that... watch looks great as well. Great alignment and good qc on seikos part in terms of general finish.

Kinda gave me pause though that it did not come in the proper turtle box - just a generic seiko box... am I nit picking? Paid like 240 vs nearly 400 at long island (ad)... seems like a good trade off. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Just bought a turtle from creation. Communication was great, shipping was fast. Ordered sunday, arrived in chicago wedsnesday.

I realize they aren't and ad and I'm okay with that... watch looks great as well. Great alignment and good qc on seikos part in terms of general finish.

Kinda gave me pause though that it did not come in the proper turtle box - just a generic seiko box... am I nit picking? Paid like 240 vs nearly 400 at long island (ad)... seems like a good trade off. Any thoughts?

This horse has been beaten do a stain on the side of the road. A quick search here or a Google will provide all you need to know. They are pretty clear on the box. Also that they sell gray market watches. You'll get a legit watch, new and unused, which is better than some less respectable gray dealers. On the other hand, you're not going to get the same CS as from a local AD, or Long Island Watch. Hey, you know the old saying you get what you pay for!

Enjoy:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/who-has-used-www-creationwatches-com-are-they-genuine.1737451/
CreationWatches.com Rated 5/5 stars by 2,977 Consumers - creationwatches.com/ Consumer Reviews at ResellerRatings
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.creationwatches.com
https://www.watchuseek.com/f62/creation-watches-sells-fake-tissots-1186346.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/upda...tionwatches-event-problem-thread-2191017.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/creationwatches-com-reputable-1280410.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/creationwatches-sent-me-generic-box-3142330.html
http://www.watchfreeks.com/33-general-watch-discussions/32573-creationwatches-com.html

#4 ·
I just received the Samurai Blue Lagoon from them. If you look at their ebay ads, this is in there(copied & pasted):

For Seiko Watches: Your watch is carefully and securely packed in a watch box (If the price of the watch is higher then USD 75 but less then USD 300.00 the watch will be sent in a nice but unbranded gift watch box - not the original watch box. If the price of the watch is more than USD 300.00 it will be sent in a Seiko watch box). The watch box is further secured in a strong non-collapsing cardboard box with layers of impact-proof bubble wrap before shipping.

Reactions: Commisar
#6 ·
I bought a Seiko 5 off them, was completely legit and a good deal. They shipped fast too.

Since all was in order, I would use them again. YMMV though, for example I don't know how their customer service would be if your watch would get lost while shipping or doesn't work properly.

#7 ·
I've bought a couple of watches from them and they've always held up their end of the deal. Watches in new condition with stickers and tags in place.

They won't give you the right box (downgraded to a generic Seiko box) so keep that in mind if it's important to you.

#11 ·
I just got a turtle from them and they were terrible to deal with I find. The watch went on sale for another $36 cheaper 2 days after it shipped out, they wouldn't price match it.. fine,.. I also had used the 10-14 day shipping option... At day 19 I started to write them about it.. the response was "Don't worry, it will arrive in the next 4 to 6 weeks. It will arrive in due time." That just pissed me off. Finally, yesterday the watch arrives, it's not in a watch box, instead it's in a little red pouch. So I wrote them again, response was watches valued over$350USD are in boxes... But...but... The ad on your website specified this watch comes with the box... I'll go elsewhere from now on I think...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Ordered a Turtle on May 12. As of May 29th I still had not received it. DHL delivered it to the wrong address then couldn't figure out where they delivered it. DHL has declared it lost over 2 weeks ago, yet Creation still will not refund my money. Basically they have stolen the money. Had to dispute it through my credit card. I understand that the lost shipment is not their fault. And I have ordered before in the past with no problems. But never again. Their refusal to refund my money after receiving written confirmation from DHL that the shipment was lost is unacceptable. I'm sure they have already filed a claim with DHL and are expecting to be reimbursed through insurance for it. In my book they are shady. I wouldn't deal with them anymore. I know I will eventually get my money from the Credit Card company, but this is just piss poor customer service. Every morning I get an email from them stating that they "are still working with DHL". There is nothing to work out. DHL has declared it lost and moved on. They are just holding my money at this point to be difficult.

#166 ·
Ordered a Turtle on May 12. As of May 29th I still had not received it. DHL delivered it to the wrong address then couldn't figure out where they delivered it....
Bought a watch from Jomashop who use DHL and it sat in their warehouse for 3 days. DHL are rubbish. Watch arrived 1 week and 1 day after the estimate by Jomashop. To compound the issue, Australia post subcontract out their deliveries to inept buffoons like Startrack who decided to leave my watch at my front door. They are supposed to return it to the nearest GPO for signed pick up if the package doesn't fit in your letterbox.

#15 ·
I really didn't enjoy my experience with them either. They didn't ship my turtle with the box despite saying it would ship with it.. they wouldn't give me a price match on the watch despite them dropping the price $35 two days after I bought it and the 10-14 day shipping turned into 36 days. They are not in the customer service business that's for sure!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
DHL delivered it to the wrong address then couldn't figure out where they delivered it. DHL has declared it lost over 2 weeks ago, yet Creation still will not refund my money. Basically they have stolen the money.
It takes more than two weeks for the seller to be reimbursed by DHL. They could have refunded you out-of-pocket, of course, but they certainly didn't steal your money. Let's not be melodramatic -- you just didn't want to wait. That's understandable, but you can't buy at rock-bottom grey market prices and then complain when you don't get amazing customer service after the courier (not the seller) screws up.

#17 ·
Melodramatic? I've waited two weeks. How long would you wait before you got upset? Perhaps 30 days? Maybe 45? Maybe as long as they would like me to until I can no longer dispute it. Perhaps they could post on their website, "in the case of lost articles no refunds given until after reimbursement from shipping company". Or perhaps they could just send me an email to that effect. But to tell me daily they are waiting on DHL to officially declare it lost is a lie. I don't care about customer service as much as I just value honesty.

#18 ·
Melodramatic? I've waited two weeks. How long would you wait before you got upset? Perhaps 30 days? Maybe 45? Maybe as long as they would like me to until I can no longer dispute it. Perhaps they could post on their website, "in the case of lost articles no refunds given until after reimbursement from shipping company". Or perhaps they could just send me an email to that effect. But to tell me daily they are waiting on DHL to officially declare it lost is a lie. I don't care about customer service as much as I just value honesty.

i can certainly understand your frustration waiting for the seller to get reimbursed before refunding you. It's not your problem that the item got lost, and as a simple matter of good customer service the seller should not inconvienence the customer. It's a cost of doing business.

On the other hand, you made the choice to take some risk buying from a retailer with a much lower price. To borrow an old expression, you get what you pay for. The reason the costs are so much lower includes the retailer making a lower margin. That has to come from somewhere, resulting in more of a "shared" cost of doing business.

If you had bought from a local AD, and had a problem on day one, you could have taken it back and had immediate satisfaction. Many US online retailers would have issued a refund as soon as confirmed from the carrier that it was lost, and waited for their reimbursement. But in both cases, that service comes with a higher price up front.

Creation will refund you... after they get refunded. At least you know they will, eventually, refund you. You might have paid even less from some other mail order sellers, and not get refunded at all.

#20 ·
Ordered an SKX007J from CW last Friday - first order off them. It was shipped Saturday via Singapore post and they emailed me the tracking code, yet nothing comes up in the SingPost post website, even now.

Emailed to inquire about the tracking number not bringing anything up, they responded saying that sometimes direct tracking is not available for this type of shipping.

I doubt that this is a foyle shtick but I just find it a bit weird, will update if/when I get my watch.

#25 ·
Watches I have purchased mail order from HK are often shipped to the US via Hong Kong Post. Once in the US, delivery transfers to the US Postal Service. I recently had one - from Creation - that had no updated tracking beyond that it was received by HK Post, when tracking via HKP's web site. However, USPS tracking did have updates starting from arrival at US Customs. So if HKP uses your country's postal service to complete delivery, maybe try your local post office tracking and see if it shows up?

#21 ·
Ordered a 009J on a Tuesday had it by Saturday with a nice box. No alignment issues and in mint condition.

#23 ·
Used Creation loads,good prices & very fast delivery with no added tax.

However they have virtually no CS & could care less about your problems,should they arise.

It should also be noted that for UK[Also maybe EU] buyers they are now declaring full value so tax is now due on all purchases.Lots of people will be happy to take the moral high ground on that issue but I pay plenty of tax and getting a break on my hobby was good for me.

Unfortunately I won't be using Creation again.

#26 ·
I ordered a Seiko 5 SNZG15J1 and a Turtle from them. No issues, with shipping or chapter ring alignment. I wrote them ahead of time with my concern and they offered to check the Turtle twice before shipping it out. They also gave me an extra 4% off the turtle after I responded to the follow up email for the 5, just asking for a discount.

I'll buy from them again, but YMMV.

#28 · (Edited)
Just received my new turtles from CW. The new Coke (789) and the Batman (787).
They both came in the official Seiko box with the hangtag, the stamped warranty (12 and 13 June) and manual.

The chapter rings are perfectly aligned.

I got them in Holland in 3 days.

This is the second time I buy from them. A couple of years ago I got an SRP637. and the experience was also very positive. As a matter of fact, they gave me a 4% discount code at that time for writing a review. I used the code on the turtles purchase and it was still valid.

#31 ·
Have bought many watches from Creation:

- CS can be a little spotty.
- shipping via DHL is super fast and never any issues
- JDM models come via EMS speed post, which bleeds into your countries postal service....in my case Canada Post....which sucks....and the import and tax thugs will have their way with your wallet!

all in all, I will buy form them again....

#33 ·
So 48 days after my order Creation continues to say they are "investigating" what happened and refuse to refund my money. I have documents from both DHL in Singapore and DHL in the United States stating that they lost the shipment. Creation has these same documents. They know that the watch is lost but refuse to issue a refund. Also, I disputed the charge with my credit card company and now Creation is telling the Credit Card company that it has been delivered. So clearly they are trying to keep the money. People can flame on and tell me i'm over reacting, that doesn't bother me. I just wanted to warn others. There are plenty of listings on this forum about Creation having bad customer service. I get it, they sell at low prices, but I encourage you to look elsewhere for your watches.

#34 ·
Just ordered a Seiko SRPB09 Blue Lagoon from Creationwatches. Ordered it Monday, received it today (Wednesday) here in California. No problems with tracking...had a tracking # from DHL and followed it constantly for updates. I knew where my watch was at all times.

When I received the watch, I was surprised by the packaging. It actually came with the legit Seiko Prospex box, along with manual and Seiko warranty/guarantee card, stamped on the back with date of purchase (although numbers were not filled in). It seems that this is highly abnormal for GM dealers? And yet I have it.

Upon inspection, no obvious defects. Bezel and chapter ring are aligned. The only issue I see is that the spacing inbetween the hour indices is not uniform - hours 1-5 are perfectly aligned with the chapter ring marks, but 6-12 are just slightly off. Most are only noticeable with close inspection, although hours 8 and 10 are fairly obvious once you see them.

Kept the tags and film on, set the watch, and now testing it to see how accurate and well it runs over the next few days.

Based on this single experience, I would not hesitate to use them again.

#35 · (Edited)
Quick update: SKX007J arrived today, was very surprised to find it inside my mailbox due to the packaging.

Piece seems to be in top shape save for the standard SKX007/9 quirks (6 oclock indices not aligned perfectly, etc) but bezel seems alright. According to the caseback, the watch was manufactured in November 2016 (or November 2006, but I doubt it) so unsure if these watches were indeed discontinued as some claimed back in 2016 with the influx of the new Prospex turtles.

Watch was ordered June 10, and shipped by CW the same day; it only actually left Singapore on June 19, and arrived here in Israel on June 28. Not bad at all.

So I'm happy with CW!

Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Material property

#38 ·
Quick update: SKX007J arrived today, was very surprised to find it inside my mailbox due to the packaging.

Piece seems to be in top shape save for the standard SKX007/9 quirks (6 oclock indices not aligned perfectly, etc) but bezel seems alright. According to the caseback, the watch was manufactured in November 2016 (or November 2006, but I doubt it) so unsure if these watches were indeed discontinued as some claimed back in 2016 with the influx of the new Prospex turtles.

Watch was ordered June 10, and shipped by CW the same day; it only actually left Singapore on June 19, and arrived here in Israel on June 28. Not bad at all.

So I'm happy with CW!

View attachment 12265962
Ordered on Saturday and got it on Wednesday with a spec. Working with cw for an exchange which I would like them to pay for shipping back. Cause the product was not up to standard. The spec is a peice of lume big Enuff to cover the 36 and 37 minute mark. First someone has offered me 10 USD for hassle then 15usd for hassle. Would you guys be ok sending it back and trusting that they send a new one back without the spec. I'm located in an area where there is no Seiko boutique for me to have it removed. Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#37 ·
Cool. I'm at 56 days lost. But not to worry CW tells me everyday I ask about my money that they are working with DHL to find it. So I got that going for me.

Wow, that's so frustrating o|

I'd decide on a date when I would ask for my money back if no concrete answers are given. "Working on DHL" to find it doesn't sound convincing really, either they know where it is or they don't. And if they don't you should get your money back, no question.

Anyway, hope it gets to you soon buddy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.