Fake SARB017 Alpinist - Page 4
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fake SARB017 Alpinist

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Fake SARB017 Alpinist

I am holding my 00E1 and the half the crown is covered by the crown guard. Like the "genuine" from OPs post. It does not stick out like the other pictures.

Yes, case '00E1' is old news. Those two cases are co-existing quite some time.
    00E1 seems to be latter and in before noone found any differences between E1 and E0.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/my...k-4519353.html

Bottom line here is not about the case number. It is about dial color, indicies, seiko logo, date window frame, size and the quality of the writting on the caseback, and a red stripe protective film.
    If anyone has a box&papers Alpinist which looks like OP, or anyone already saw here the watch like that - you are more than welcome to share it. Let's make it tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    I think I know now.
    There are 2 versions.
    The 00E0 and the 00E1
    Look for yourself: pictures from various websites
    00E0
    Then the caseback: 00E0
    And 00E1 "the supposed fake?"
    I did this research whilest almost having a heartattack lmao
    I wrote that I would not post again in this thread but here I am respond to respond to your "findings":

• It is well know that an -00E1 case type has been introduce since 2016 approximately.
    • Case type bumps by Seiko are relatively frequent, even SARB033/035 had one from 00C0 to 00C1, and so the Cocktail Time, but for these the changes are invisible to the eye.
    • Nobody is saying that all Alpinist -00E1 case are fake, of course they are not.
    • Counterfeiters are not so stupid to stamp a wrong case type.
    • What is being said is that the specif watch in the picture, with its ridiculous striped caseback film is fake.
    • So you can be reassured, if you have an -00E1 Alpinist is not fake.
    • To judge about others use your eyes, not Google.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@all, I do have feedback from the Mods. They will keep the thread alive because;

1. It seems like a civil conversation, and
    2. its purpose is to warn about possible fakes

Hence, @all please bear 1&2 in mind.
    Last edited by v1triol; June 13th, 2019 at 22:58.

Thank you for sharing. Must be more cautious when buying watches online

Do you have the tools to open the caseback by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by El @ View Post
    I wrote that I would not post again in this thread but here I am respond to respond to your "findings":

• It is well know that an -00E1 case type has been introduce since 2016 approximately.
    • Case type bumps by Seiko are relatively frequent, even SARB033/035 had one from 00C0 to 00C1, and so the Cocktail Time, but for these the changes are invisible to the eye.
    • Nobody is saying that all Alpinist -00E1 case are fake, of course they are not.
    • Counterfeiters are not so stupid to stamp a wrong case type.
    • What is being said is that the specif watch in the picture, with its ridiculous striped caseback film is fake.
    • So you can be reassured, if you have an -00E1 Alpinist is not fake.
    • To judge about others use your eyes, not Google.
    interesting, but don't you see the same variations on crown size & "10" on this stock picture?
    Isn't it possible that the seller put the protective film on the caseback?
    Name:  s-l640 (2).jpg
Views: 58
Size:  31.5 KB

Hey guys, I am the one, who made the video on the first page.
    Some brief updates: I opened the watch and there was a genuine 6R15 inside. Seller changed his name on Ebay, but refunded me promptly.

I was not aware that there are two variants when I made that video. But I am sure, that the watch is not genuine. And that does not necessarily mean that the parts are not genuine. It's just that it was not assembled in a Seiko factory. THere are many indications for that like the smudge on the dial and some specs of dust on 2 of the markers.
    Exer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kempa View Post
    Hey guys, I am the one, who made the video on the first page.
    Some brief updates: I opened the watch and there was a genuine 6R15 inside. Seller changed his name on Ebay, but refunded me promptly.

I was not aware that there are two variants when I made that video. But I am sure, that the watch is not genuine. And that does not necessarily mean that the parts are not genuine. It's just that it was not assembled in a Seiko factory. THere are many indications for that like the smudge on the dial and some specs of dust on 2 of the markers.
    Thank god there is a 6r15 inside man, i also contacted the seller and this is what he told me:
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 19.20.34.png
Views: 63
Size:  114.4 KB

Oh, just another thing, which surprised me.
    Upon opening the case back I noticed that the secondary crown and the inner bezel were connected to each other with...white plastic sprockets :o
    In my case both sprockets were not touching, hence the bezel was not rotating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information