Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    182

    Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    I've just come across a Sharkey based on a Seiko 62MAS going for $220 on ebay? It runs on the NH35 movement.

    I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is this for real?
    What's the situation with warranty/QC/water resistance/timekeeping accuracy?

    They're selling a knock-off Capt Willard for 200 bucks!
    What do I need to know?

  2. #2
    Member ricPe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    219

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Jusr checked them on their website,and started eyeing the 6105 hommage.looking good,and below 200usd!

    Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk
    Reynolds19 likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    671

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds19 View Post
    I've just come across a Sharkey based on a Seiko 62MAS going for $220 on ebay? It runs on the NH35 movement.

    I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is this for real?
    What's the situation with warranty/QC/water resistance/timekeeping accuracy?

    They're selling a knock-off Capt Willard for 200 bucks!
    What do I need to know?
    They have an excellent reputation. There's a lot of enthusiasm in this forum for Sharkey / Heimdallr and other brands (e.g. Merkur, San Martin, HimQ, others) that are comparable in that they offer low price, high quality, high value watches.

    I'd run a search in WUS. You'll find a lot of info.
    ricPe, Reynolds19 and yankeexpress like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    182

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Wow, not much response from WUS!

    I have found from my travails that Sharkey do not make homage watches.
    They make what in the West is described as 'fake' watches.

    I can buy a fake MM300 or an authentic Turtle for the same price.
    Ok, the cnoice is a bit easier now... Turtle!
    ricPe likes this.

  6. #5
    Member oldspice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    iowa city, ia usa
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Wow, I'm liking the look of that Capt. Willard - just may have to pick that up on a lark!
    Reynolds19 likes this.

  7. #6
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    57,030

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds19 View Post
    Wow, not much response from WUS!

    I have found from my travails that Sharkey do not make homage watches.
    They make what in the West is described as 'fake' watches.

    I can buy a fake MM300 or an authentic Turtle for the same price.
    Ok, the cnoice is a bit easier now... Turtle!
    I feel pretty safe in saying that you’ll not regret deciding to go Seiko.

  8. #7
    Member timetellinnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,734

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    they seem real. I love mine! =)

    Name:  62MASMar16WStewBrown5.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  347.6 KB

    Name:  62MASJan29USwaffle.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  250.9 KB

    Name:  62MASFeb12-4.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  290.3 KB

    there are a couple minor QC nitpicks, but it's fairly solid. i'd say 'good' time keeping in that mine hasn't been bad in any obvious ways; it's that NH35 so it's not too bad. and it's a 300m watch, or is supposed to be. Heimdallr supposedly tests every watch, i've read, in a thread on the Diver Forum.
    Reynolds19, Rocat, mclusky and 2 others like this.
    a time tellin' noob
    SEIKO SNDA67 SKX779 SKX007 SNZG15 SKX(PMMM) SRP227 SNXS79
    SSC031 SNKL45 SNX993 SARB033 SRP775 SRP773 SNXS77 SNKE79
    CASIO EFA-124 CITIZEN NY2300 DEEP BLUE "All Purpose" 1K
    KARLSKRONA
    Baltic Shield scurfa ND513RD HEIMDALLR Sharkey 62MAS
    HELM
    Komodo
    NEWEST: Davosa Vintage GMT

  9. #8
    Member timetellinnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,734

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    forum messed up
    Last edited by timetellinnoob; March 29th, 2019 at 23:30. Reason: this one was definitely the forum
    a time tellin' noob
    SEIKO SNDA67 SKX779 SKX007 SNZG15 SKX(PMMM) SRP227 SNXS79
    SSC031 SNKL45 SNX993 SARB033 SRP775 SRP773 SNXS77 SNKE79
    CASIO EFA-124 CITIZEN NY2300 DEEP BLUE "All Purpose" 1K
    KARLSKRONA
    Baltic Shield scurfa ND513RD HEIMDALLR Sharkey 62MAS
    HELM
    Komodo
    NEWEST: Davosa Vintage GMT

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    182

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldspice View Post
    Wow, I'm liking the look of that Capt. Willard - just may have to pick that up on a lark!
    Lol! Please get the one with the 'shark' logo!
    The ones with a 'HimQ' logo look a bit weird - it's not even a logo.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    182

    Re: Heimdallr watches - what to know before you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    they seem real. I love mine! =)

    Name:  62MASMar16WStewBrown5.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  347.6 KB

    Name:  62MASJan29USwaffle.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  250.9 KB

    Name:  62MASFeb12-4.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  290.3 KB

    there are a couple minor QC nitpicks, but it's fairly solid. i'd say 'good' time keeping in that mine hasn't been bad in any obvious ways; it's that NH35 so it's not too bad. and it's a 300m watch, or is supposed to be. Heimdallr supposedly tests every watch, i've read, in a thread on the Diver Forum.
    Those are nice pics. Thank you.
    Capitalism with 'Chinese characteristics'.

    It means - 'we can all have a Ferrari'. Ok there will be some QC issues.
    But it's a Ferrari!

    It will take time for the West to appreciate or enjoy this principle.
    Mostly because the multi-national corporations which own this world don't live by this principle.
    casablancawatch likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Before you buy your next watch...
      By SpAgetttt in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 42
      Last Post: June 28th, 2016, 23:43
    2. Replies: 17
      Last Post: March 22nd, 2015, 18:44
    3. Wear Before You Buy i.e. I Didn't Know I Hated Fliegers
      By watchvaultnyc in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: August 17th, 2014, 16:52
    4. What to know before buying a watch?
      By Question2 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: June 29th, 2010, 10:21
    5. Test drive your next watch before you buy
      By Watchdog in forum Omega
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 13th, 2007, 02:53

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •