Hello from new member

Thread: Hello from new member

Hello from new member

Hi, I know that this is not the most active forum for these brands but this was the easiest for attaching photos. (I didn't want to register at other photo sites just to upload them) Although I like watches I don't have a big collection due to tight budgets. The watches I currently have are 2 basic G-Shocks, one messed up Orient 200m blue diver (I dismantled it and wanted to see how everything works and ended up breaking the bezel and scratch the case pretty bad since I'm no watchmaker with proper tools), and a new Alba yellow diver to replace the messed up Orient diver. I liked the Orient diver very much but am now kind of happy (:-S) messing it up which led to the Alba diver purchase. People don't seem to like the blue hands and neither did I at first but this isn't much of a deal to me anymore. I wear it on a black kevlar strap. I like the idea of limited editions with ???/??? numbered, which makes it feel a bit more exclusive. Although not related at all, I just wanted to take the picture along the only other limited edition thing I had. I'm usually a lurker but I'll visit here often and enjoy reading new posts. Nice to be here and hello again to everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by teekay; February 15th, 2006 at 11:30.

Thumbs Up Re: Hello from new member

I just wanted to welcome you aboard. It's a nice place---good people, who seem to be very knowledgable about watches, especially the ones they love.

Own any Orients?

God bless..

Angelis

Re: Hello from new member

holy king kong batman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Hello from new member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    I just wanted to welcome you aboard. It's a nice place---good people, who seem to be very knowledgable about watches, especially the ones they love.

Own any Orients?

God bless..

Angelis
    Thank you for your welcome. This is a very informative and great site. The only Orient I have is the blue 200m diver with the bezel missing so I keep it in the drawer now. Compared to the Alba diver I wear nowadays, I think the Orient actually kept better time. It used to gain around 4s a day and lose about the same when I took it off positioned with the crown up. I am trying to regulate the Alba diver which I keep on missing a certain mark. It now gains about 10s a day which maybe I should be content with but I think it could be better .

Thread Information