Help Identifying watch

Thread: Help Identifying watch

Help Identifying watch

I just inherited a watch from my late father, I doubt it is of any value but I would like to know what it is none the less.

It is a Seiko, quartz with the following stamped on the metal back plate;

SEIKO
    SGP ST. STEEL BACK
    1 N 0 1 4 8
    8620-5020 RO (which is in a square)
    C
    And then some form of 'lightening' symbol.

I can include pictures if necessary, I am just having an issue finding a camera capable of taking a picture with a decent amount of detail.

Thank you for your time,

Khyle

Re: Help Identifying watch

Some pictures, not best quality as they are from an iPhone

Name:  IMG_0372.JPG
Views: 754
Size:  1.22 MB

Name:  IMG_0373.JPG
Views: 1034
Size:  1.12 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

All the identifying data you have included. The model number is 8620-5020, meaning that the movement is classified as an 8620 and the case style is 5020. However, the 8620 movement is not one I am familiar with, could you verify these first 4 numbers to see if they are correct? Also, if you have a magnifying glass the numbers printed at the bottom of the dial may help as well.

Without being certain of the decade, I would guess looking at the style of clasp on the band that this one is from November 1981 by using the first two digits in this watches serial number which is 1N0148.

The first number is the year (you need to know the decade though to figure this out properly), and the second number is the month. so 1-9 is January through September then 0 for October, N for November and D for December. The last 4 digits are the production number of that model for that month, so this one was the 148th one stamped that month.
    Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind observance of fools....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The number is definitely 8620-5020.

The number on the lower left corner of the watch face is 8620-0071 as best as I can tell, I do not have a magnifying glass at hand so will try and find one and identify all the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khyle View Post
    The number is definitely 8620-5020.

The number on the lower left corner of the watch face is 8620-0071 as best as I can tell, I do not have a magnifying glass at hand so will try and find one and identify all the writing.
    Awesome, as long as the first 4 numbers match between dial and back that is all that matters. I am really not familiar with the 8620 movement at all and have come up short in looking for information on it online.

Enjoy...
    Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind observance of fools....

Thread Information