Help with the model and year of my Citizen?

Thread: Help with the model and year of my Citizen?

Help with the model and year of my Citizen?

Some years back I spotted this watch at a friend's house while helping him move. He wasn't sure how he even came to own it, so I made a reasonable offer ($50) and he accepted. Now, I've just found it after being lost in my own clutter and got it running again. Still never found out how old it is, or even what it is. Help?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

Suspended

Re: Help with the model and year of my Citizen?

Can you post the serial number off the back. Should be a 6 digit number. Might have a letter in it. I'm pretty sure Citizen uses a coded serial number like Seiko.

Since you're at it, also post the numbers off the dial at the 6 after the JAPAN. That will be the case and movement number which may provide a clue if the serial number does not.

Citizen Customer Service sometimes visits here and they can probably help you also.

The serial number is: 995712
    The microscopic lettering by the 6 is: Japan 0510 H3939(8/B?) KA
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by midshipman01 View Post
    The serial number is: 995712
    The microscopic lettering by the 6 is: Japan 0510 H3939(8/B?) KA
    The numbers tell us that the watch has the 510 movement module and that it was manufactured in Sept of 1999(or possibly 1989). If your friend got it before 1999 then it's definitely an 1989 model.

It was probably in the $200 to $300 range when brand new

Thanks for the insight! I bought it in 2002, so I guess it's hard to know which year it is. I'm leaning toward 99, but 89 is very possible. It has a charming, aged patina.

Also, is there a model name besides "wr 100 chrono"? I saw the term "UOMO" describing some similar watches on ebay, but I'm not at all sure what that means.

Banned

Thanks for the insight! I bought it in 2002, so I guess it's hard to know which year it is. I'm leaning toward 99, but 89 is very possible. It has a charming, aged patina.

Also, is there a model name besides "wr 100 chrono"? I saw the term "UOMO" describing some similar watches on ebay, but I'm not at all sure what that means.
    If you bought it new then 1999 is probably the right year. It's rare(but not unheard of) that you will find a new watch that has been in the display case for 13 years

Well, I bought it used in 2002 for $50 from a friend. He didn't know when he got it, or how old it was at the time. He didn't know he owned it until I found it!

Uomo is the italian word for man. all that is saying is that this is a man's watch. that term is not a seiko designation or model name.

Banned

Well, I bought it used in 2002 for $50 from a friend. He didn't know when he got it, or how old it was at the time. He didn't know he owned it until I found it!
    Judging by the style of the watch, I still tend to think it's a 1999 vintage :)

Thread Information