Info / Suggestions on SNA411 Crystal Bezel Mod idea

Thread: Info / Suggestions on SNA411 Crystal Bezel Mod idea

Question Info / Suggestions on SNA411 Crystal Bezel Mod idea

Hello, New around here.

Without spending $80 on a spare bezel or tearing apart my own SNA411P1 has anyone had theirs apart or has parts to confirm how much material is below the bezel ring?

Here's the thought,

remove hardlex, Pull rotating bezel, carefully remove bezel ring, machine down ~2mm where is was, replace it, press in new 38.5mm crystal, reinstall rotating bezel. Basically now having the crystal cover the bezel ring out the coin edge.

IE giving you this look of this discontinued model (i know they are 46mm):

Attachment 14671023

I love the look of my flightmaster but i think replacing the 31mm hardlex with a full 38.5mm one would visually make it look larger.

I'm willing to try it but iffy on ordering an $80 replacement bezel that maybe already too thin to machine further.

Thoughts? No chance? Stupid?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Info / Suggestions on SNA411 Crystal Bezel Mod idea

I've taken my SNA411 apart a few times to realign the chapter ring and then to get the crystal pressed in straight after some trouble with that. I don't think the bezel is thick enough or sturdy enough to support pressing a larger crystal into it like that.

I think you'd be better off getting another watch.
    Last edited by MrDisco99; 6 Hours Ago at 17:12.
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Sea-Gull(?) 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

Thread Information