Modding a Seiko Giugiaro 'Aliens'
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrDisco99

Thread: Modding a Seiko Giugiaro 'Aliens'

Modding a Seiko Giugiaro 'Aliens'

Hi everyone,

I just won an auction for a (very) cheap Seiko Giugiaro reissue from Japan, specifically an SCED043:

How hard would it be in your opinion to make it look closer to the original Aliens watch?

I know the original had silver steel case and bracelet, but I prefer them in black so I wouldn't touch case and bracelet.

My goal would be more to have it look like an SCED037 reissue than to the original movie prop (or SCED035 reissue). FYI SCED037 is like this: (but almost 2x as expensive on the Bay)

So basically how hard would it be to repaint the hands orange (mn/hr), white (subdials), and yellow (chrono seconds)? And maybe replace (or repaint?) the chrono pushbuttons...

Thanks for your advice!

Nicolas

Re: Modding a Seiko Giugiaro 'Aliens'

It's impossible and you are better off buying the SCED037 for double the price.

Personally I find the 043 seriously ugly and I wouldn't buy, regarding the movie they used a steel one, the reissue was the SCED035 but both watches were relatively accurate reissues of the original ones with the 7A28 movement:

Unfortunately the 037 came with black chrono pushers unlike the original yeloow ones, but still the color pallette was accurate.

These are still very collectible despite the different colorways. I would leave it alone.
    mougino likes this.
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Sea-Gull(?) 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SKX173, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I echo the sentiments expressed here. I don't think it will come out well and you'll be disappointed with your results. I'd leave it be.

Arrived tonight, really not bad for $150 I think it'll scratch the itch for a Giugiaro chrono for the moment, I don't feel the need to mod it so much anymore, nor to spend 3X the amount for the orange-hand variant (not even talking about 9X for a silver variant...)

Nicolas

Thread Information