Monster strap fell apart
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Monster strap fell apart

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry Monster strap fell apart

So, I got my SRP313K2 and absolutely love it so far, unlike my Sarb035 it runs fast (honestly have considered destroying the sarb035 because of it but that's another story... "slow" watches don't deserve to live or be resold they must be regulated... if only I could find a jewler I trust).
    Attachment 6947625Attachment 6947657Attachment 6947649
    So as you guys can see one of the links fell out..... Literally I I went to sit down at my desk and the bracelet falls to pieces
    Attachment 6947665

Anyhow, I didn't want to mess around w/ resizing it myself so I had the lady at JC Penny do it (and was so terrified that I asked her to stop and brought it to another jewler in the mall to do it..... she litteraly brought a little hammer out at one point and started whacking it..... I was like WTF!!!!!! STOP NOW! OR I WILL JUMP ACROSS THIS!!! Aparrently she was like, I had to do that to get the link out...... wtf. I was enraged but kept myself in check as she put the bracelet back together sans I link. It needed to be a tad tighter (so I had another jeweler tighten the clasp up for me), she offered to take another link out but I was like......... NO.

She thought I was nuts but said, "Sorry I'm not really trained on this, it's so different than what I'm used to."

----KARMA: I had lied and said I got this as a gift from a "cousin" who had "bought it from a JC Penney in a another state"

The other jeweler set me up (perhaps I should've asked him to check on what the evil b!t_h had done) and that was 2 days ago but this just happened and I can't help but think about the gross incompetence I saw on display. This lady I had been told and heard was a true professional and the only employee who could do more than simply sell you a watch.......... Yeah, I wonder how many other people have been scammed. As I was walking out the store grateful she hadn't totally pulverized my watch like one of the Flintstones, she had the nerve to tell me JC-Penny will fully service any old watches I have........... no thanks I think I'd rather "google it" then trust these mofo's.
    This specific JC-Penny store has forever lost my business and if you don't know how to do something just say so.... DO NOT JUST HIT IT WITH A HAMMER!

Anyhow, I wanna make sure I do this "fix" right.

Can any tell me what I should be sure to do and should I worry about the other links falling out?
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; February 5th, 2016 at 05:21.
    BA1970 likes this.

Re: Monster strap fell apart

FIRSTLY....you need a hammer...

The Monster has the pin and collar system. They lost the collar and put the pin in. And without the collar, it falls apart.

http://www.watchitallabout.com/resiz...ster-bracelet/
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The stores might have lost the collar. Without the collar the pin won't hold the bracelet tight and it'll come off eventually. If the bracelet came loose then one of the places probably lost it and put it back without it.

A hammer is often used to remove the pin from the bracelet. However one does need a bracelet pin pusher, which is hit by the hammer. Some pin come out with strength alone(which can indicate they are too loose); some need the help of the hammer. No damage should come to the bracelet or watch will come from this.

Well they probably didn't know what they were doing and thpught they were just friction pins or maybe they did but just did it poorly and stretched the collar.

...I do use a little hammer to knock in my pusher tool. Couple of nice good taps.

Since you've never done this you might want to find a watchmaker and not a jeweler or mall person.

There's tons of threads on how to successfully handle pin and collar links. And you can even put in some loctite to secure it once you have a perfect fit. I think the key is to make sure you don't tap too deeply in and get the collar out first.

Good luck

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

And this, I believe, is the good lady at JCs theme song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGMOB2K78iM

Okay, so I'm clearly lacking the 2 collars........... I highly doubt JC-Penny will have it tomorrow. Will, I be able to find one for sale at a jeweler?

EDIT: Alright thanks guys, you've been a lot of help. I've googled a few watchmakers and will bring it in......... next Tuesday when I have a opening in my schedule.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; February 5th, 2016 at 06:03.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information