My wonderful Seiko Presage 'Urushi' laquered dial watch. SARW013
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: My wonderful Seiko Presage 'Urushi' laquered dial watch. SARW013

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My wonderful Seiko Presage 'Urushi' laquered dial watch. SARW013

I bought this from (the fantastic seller) shoppinginjapan.net

It arrived and I've been blown away by it.

Beautiful, stunning in so many ways and the watch is a joy to own, wear and a pleasure to keep and look at.

Here's a link to the work gone into the dial:
    http://halfmoonshell.org/2015/japane...presage-watch/

The details are so subtle and give it so much class and change according to light and shade: the deep black of the dial, the subtle textures and gold glitter of the hands and indices, the slight domes sapphire, the gloss of the laquer and how it forms, the Credor like second hand, the 28,800 movement - and of course the Croc strap and clasp - pure class and elegance - and this could be a Dress Watch or a Casual watch worn with jeans, it's so versatile with the 40mm case and the features.

This is a keeper for sure.
    Here are a few shots, and some next to my Hanhart Pioneer Mk II.

Name:  IMG_3647.JPG
Views: 1706
Size:  706.5 KBName:  IMG_3646.JPG
Views: 1718
Size:  722.6 KBName:  IMG_3649.JPG
Views: 1716
Size:  789.0 KBName:  IMG_3643.JPG
Views: 1732
Size:  1.08 MBName:  IMG_3644.JPG
Views: 1679
Size:  870.0 KB
    Last edited by ibbz; June 25th, 2016 at 16:03.

Re: My wonderful Seiko Presage 'Urushi' laquered dial watch. SARW013

Beautiful Seiko! Congratulations.

Sexy!
    I'm not really a fan of Roman numerals on my dials, but I have to admit it looks good on this watch.
    Make it hurt so bad, 'cause it feels so good when you stop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is an amazing watch that was my first grail and I was able to get one a few months back. The strap is an unsung feature the SARW013. It is easily the most comfortable factory strap I have ever worn and the fit is perfect--soft enough to adapt to the inevitable moisture and swelling of the wrist throughout the day to not become constricting. I also was not a fan of Roman numerals until this watch. I like how they are slender and almost appear to be stick indicators from a distance. I also love how they warp around the subdials (though the poor 6 seems to have given up).

Suffice it to say, it has earned first position in my watch box. (Wait, you all do that, put your favorite in the first slot, right?)

Anyway, my poorly photographed Urushi says hello.
    Last edited by Mr. James Duffy; June 25th, 2016 at 16:29. Reason: moar deets
    ibbz, fordy964, T6061 and 3 others like this.

Congrats on yours too - yes, I forgot to mention how comfortable and of high quality the strap is! And those gold accents!

If I have one criticism, it's that the movement is nice and new and high beat (relatively) but it hasn't been decorated and not worth really showing - I prefer steel backs unless the movement is a peach!

The first seiko wristwatches featured similar design accents - the second hand sub dial was where the date dial is on this - both occluding the '6'.
    Name:  1913-laurel.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  15.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ibbz View Post
    Congrats on yours too - yes, I forgot to mention how comfortable and of high quality the strap is! And those gold accents!

If I have one criticism, it's that the movement is nice and new and high beat (relatively) but it hasn't been decorated and not worth really showing - I prefer steel backs unless the movement is a peach!

The first seiko wristwatches featured similar design accents - the second hand sub dial was where the date dial is on this - both occluding the '6'.
    There is a recent "Enamelled Dial" Presage SARW that mimics the Laurel, its model number escapes me right now, but it also has italicized Arabic numerals plus there was a limited edition version with the red 12.

As for the movement, I am primarily a Seiko wearer and I have actually grown to like the undecorated movement showing through the case back. The lower-beat 6R15 is rather plain but the 6R27 (and 6R24) movements have the gold accents on the rotor which is gilding the lily, so to speak, for a Seiko.

That's a great looking Seiko! Congrats on your new addition!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. James Duffy View Post
    It is an amazing watch that was my first grail and I was able to get one a few months back. The strap is an unsung feature the SARW013. It is easily the most comfortable factory strap I have ever worn and the fit is perfect--soft enough to adapt to the inevitable moisture and swelling of the wrist throughout the day to not become constricting. I also was not a fan of Roman numerals until this watch. I like how they are slender and almost appear to be stick indicators from a distance. I also love how they warp around the subdials (though the poor 6 seems to have given up).

Suffice it to say, it has earned first position in my watch box. (Wait, you all do that, put your favorite in the first slot, right?)

Anyway, my poorly photographed Urushi says hello.
    Noo-oo. Not another hello! Use similes or metaphors, not personifications. If you must, at least let this grandpa survivor of old say something like "bugger off you WIS". I mean he is cranky right? Or did you not ask him this morning. Oh, wait, she might be a granny...

Just listen up now, I might let my G-shock say "Hello" and hope that he does not add "to my little friend" and let loose with all the functions that he has. We all know it will be horrible.

Banned

It looks gorgeous, congratulations

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information