Name one Seiko (only one) you feel is still an amazing value for what you get for the price.
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Name one Seiko (only one) you feel is still an amazing value for what you get for the price.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Name one Seiko (only one) you feel is still an amazing value for what you get for the price.

So most Seiko fans know things have been changing as far as the price we are use to vs certain level of features. But there are still a few gems we still admire or have in our collection that you cant help to stare at and say "for these features I cant believe it only cost..." place the current price (not used) next to the watch name (pictures welcomed). So for me I look at the Sumo still (which I own) and cant believe you get so much and is still on average $450. I am talking about the gen 2 which probably wont be around for much longer since gen 3 came out. The case design and attention to detail is really what I feel puts it in a league of its own for the price.
    fluence4 likes this.

Re: Name one Seiko (only one) you feel is still an amazing value for what you get for the price.

Crickets
    6R15 likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Re: Name one Seiko (only one) you feel is still an amazing value for what you get for the price.

I can see that. Well was just trying to get some fun convo going on... maybe people will come when they get off work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Flightmaster.
    Just a cool watch. Love the domed crystal.
    Can be had in the low $200 range.
    Tough to beat.

Hold on to your socks, because the most obvious answer is coming in:

SBBN031 and related 300m 7C46 powered tunas. The 1000m versions are nice, but generally a huge overkill in specs and a setback in servicability due to the front loader nature of the case.

You get a tank of a watch that doesn't pretend to be more than it is, it's accurate, tough, relatively easy to maintain (screwback for easy access to the battery), easy strap and bracelet swapping due to the drilled lugs, short lug to lug distance that increases wearability, readable from more than your arms length at any weather condition above and below water and probably built to survive more than your wrist is capable of.

Here is one:

Name:  20190215_165428.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  608.1 KB

For around $1000 though? A good watch for sure but not convinced of the amazing value at that price. I'm having trouble thinking of one though. I feel the Turtles and Samurais are still good value at around £/$300, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're amazing value.
    Last edited by clyde_frog; November 19th, 2019 at 23:46.

SEIKO 7549-7010.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ewewew and fluence4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofrings View Post
    SEIKO 7549-7010.
    nice patina on the markers/hands, but that is one ugly bezel insert
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Looks like it's been strapped under somebody's shoe to give it a worn look, and hands are aftermarket fake patina?

My friend just got a SRP777 for $210, brand new. A ISO certified diver, iconic design, brand history, all in-house.

I think too many people still underestimate the basic Seiko 5 line. Many of those watches look and feel amazing and can be had between $45-$90, and again you are getting a great brand and all in-house.

Honestly, if you want a Seiko, or a certain model, they are all good value. Maybe unless they are grossly overpriced (like Sinn 104 with generic Sellita territory overpriced), but if you want a watch because that’s what you like and want, it’s a good value. If you want a watch as a tool to keep time, all mechanical are poor value.

People get confused in my opinion when they put value only in terms of specs on paper.

In that case, chinese specials kills all the other brands. But there’s more to a watch, especially mechanical.

Or for example, I can say that a $60 Casio si beating up quite comfortably a Rolex or Omega. Yep, you can find some Casios at that price made of stainless steel, good integrated SS bracelets so no hollow end-links problem, they have sapphire, beautiful dials and more accurate movements than Rolex and Omega (quartz of course). Also check some Seiko models with sapphire, perpetual calendar, titanium, all for around $160. The R and O have better finishes for sure, if you want to pay 100 or 200 times more for that, go for it.

I buy mechanicals because their potential longevity, simple and efficient technology and nostalgia. Once I established that, I’m not afraid to admit, the number one consideration for me when buying the watch is the looks. Number 2 is brand history and recognition. Number 3 is how it wears on me (size, fit and how it integrates with my style). Price/spec (as many define value) doesn’t even make it in my top 3 list.

I’ll end up with a question. A Seagull 1963 Chronograph with sapphire, column wheel, great history, and one of the better chronograph movements made (swiss iconic design, swiss production machines), can be had for $200 now on eBay. Why would anyone buy any other generic chronograph for 4-8 times the price ? I’d very much like to know the answer to this question, it will be interesting (but please don’t get me the ,,finishes,, reason, there is no difference unless you get to at least $4-5000)
    ewewew likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information