New (to me) Citizen Bullhead

Thread: New (to me) Citizen Bullhead

New (to me) Citizen Bullhead

I picked up a Citizen Bullhead Chronograph off eBay from a seller who is highly recommended on this forum (and has good eBay feedback). This is my first automatic chronograph.

I wore the watch today, and noticed after one hour that it was fourteen minutes slow. I adjusted it, and one hour later it was six minutes slow. The third hour it was eleven minutes slow.

I started listening to my watch and paying attention to it, and I noticed that if I rotate it from 90 degrees slowly until it is parallel with the ground it will sometimes stop. Then, if I give it a little shake, it will start again. I'm guessing that accounts for the slowness of the watch.

Additionally the chronograph sometimes stops and then goes again after a little shake. Also it sometimes tries to advance one tick, fails, tries again and succeeds.

Any suggestions before I contact the seller? This watch may have sat for a while before it was sent to me, although the seller claimed that it ran fine.

Re: New (to me) Citizen Bullhead

I had something similar happen to a watch of mine. the problem was the with the balance. Keep in mind that this is a vintage watch and they are rarely ever perfect. contact the seller and explain the seller. You should be able to reach an agreement.

BTW, who is the seller? I can't think of any seller of vintage seikos (in turn-key condition) that we recommend, let alone recommend highly.

Re: New (to me) Citizen Bullhead

Is it then reasonable to ask for repair or a refund in a case like this?

I'd rather not post his name unless he refuses to help me. If you are really interested, send me a PM. Perhaps I shouldn't say he was "highly" recommended, but he is recommended by a mod on here, and he is recommended on some other forums.

Thanks.

Thread Information