New Mod' Idea

Thread: New Mod' Idea

New Mod' Idea

**Excuse the weak PS work, this was done down and dirty**

I have the Black/Black Frankentuna coming in, and I had a "great" idea for a mod. I have always loved the Omega PloProf, and I would love to do some sort of modern homage to it.
    Let me know what you think.

Bill

I can't load pics here from my site, but here is the link:
    http://www.sithtoys.com/SeikoMod1.jpg
    Last edited by sithtoys; January 11th, 2008 at 02:35. Reason: Need to add pic

Re: New Mod' Idea

That's unique. I like it.
    Matt

SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator raggyboy's Avatar

Very creative indeed. 10/10

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Easy mod. Talk to yobokies over at SCWF. he'll hook you up with a dial and hands that are very close to those, which are custom made to drop into that watch's 7s movement.

Does Yobokis have a Ploprof dial available? So far I've only seen Noah with it. He said it should be available in one month. The hands Yobokies deff has.

Quote Originally Posted by cpenning623 View Post
    Does Yobokis have a Ploprof dial available? So far I've only seen Noah with it. He said it should be available in one month. The hands Yobokies deff has.
    You are right, I got their selections confused. This is Harry's selection:

Noah has the dial similar to the PloProf. They both have Plongeuer hand sets. However, I'm pretty sure that Noah's dials are only made to fit the 6309, not modern 7s26's. Double check with him on that. Harry's dial selection is available both for 6000 series calibers and for 7s series calibers.

Noah's site is here:

http://www.10watches.com/

Harry's site is here:

http://www.freewebs.com/the_parts_mart/contactme.htm

I have found the dial I want to use,:
    http://www.mkiiwatches.com/images/smf00133bka_300.gif

and the hands as well. (Perhaps a stronger lume). At this point I would have two models of the "Frankentuna" to consider for this mod. (The all stainless, and the all black) I think the all SS model would be closer to a true Ploprof homage, while the all black model would look like a "tactical" (I hate that term, I wore G-Shocks while I was in the Marines) beast.
    Either way, I think this would be a fantastic mod for this new watch.

Bill

Nothing personal with your choice in case, but IMHO, no case truly does an homage to the PP case, and the franken tuna doesn't come close. the dial and hands sure do, but not the case. IMHO if your intention is to do an homage, you'd be better of with a squarish cushion case than with this, and try to do an homage of the more basic ploprof (not the big triangular case one). That would definitely be closer to the spririt of the original.

Now if all you want t do is a mod with Omega characteristics, then go for the black case. It definitely has more of a no nonsense appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Nothing personal with your choice in case, but IMHO, no case truly does an homage to the PP case, and the franken tuna doesn't come close. the dial and hands sure do, but not the case. IMHO if your intention is to do an homage, you'd be better of with a squarish cushion case than with this, and try to do an homage of the more basic ploprof (not the big triangular case one). That would definitely be closer to the spririt of the original.

Now if all you want t do is a mod with Omega characteristics, then go for the black case. It definitely has more of a no nonsense appearance.
    Pretty soon there will be a sure winner in Ploprof homage.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=92500
    - Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

Thread Information