Official Prospex SPB077-SPB079 / SBDC061-SBDC063 - Page 123
Like Tree2208Likes

Thread: Official Prospex SPB077-SPB079 / SBDC061-SBDC063

Page 123 of 152 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1517

Re: Official Prospex SPB077-SPB079 / SBDC061-SBDC063

Quote Originally Posted by MrSeaMonkey View Post
    OK, here’s a requested review of the Erika’s Original MN strap after only two days of having it.

It was $58 (including shipping) and took about 2 weeks from ordering to arrival in the Midwest US. When you unpack it, the strap is not overly impressive. It feels a little crinkly or something. It’s kind of stiff and a little elastic. Of all things, it seems to me much like a slightly fancy version of the elastic band in my underwear. Stripe and all. Not to be too personal or anything.

It’s a little difficult to get the clasp to attach to the buckle. I need several attempts to get it to connect. But that means it will be difficult to disconnect accidentally. And I’ve read that it becomes very easy to do once you’ve had it for a while. I’m only past day #2 so far.

Wearing the band, however, and my impression rises very high. It’s really comfortable, to the point of, essentially, forgetting it’s there. It’s a significant difference from the stock rubber band in this regard. Being infinitely adjustable, rather than having holes, helps. The material being sort of a cloth and a little flexible helps. Yes, it’s the most comfortable watch strap I’ve ever tried. Just like people say. Although I’m only a bit under a year of being really into this watch silliness, so don’t put too much into what I say here.

I definitely like the lower profile of this strap compared to the stock rubber strap. I posted more photos at the top of page 120 of this thread. A photo of the back side is below. It hugs the wrist more closely and makes the whole watch + strap appear to be more svelte. And I also like the absence of a strap end hanging out, sometimes falling out of the keeper. The stock rubber strap is plenty nice and it’s worth keeping around for the sake of having some variety. But, so far, I definitely prefer the Erika strap.

Value is a personal thing. To my tastes, this strap is super and definitely worth the cost. I like it a lot. How it looks is also a personal thing. For this watch, I think that it’s great. (Again, see photos on page 120.) But I’d say that it’s not going to fit with every watch. For example, I don’t see it working well on a dress watch. It is a great match with a good diver. Overall, I’m very glad that I got this band. There seems to be a lot of hype around this strap. And I now think that the hype is deserved.
    Many thanks for your review. Sounds great!

Is the left side of the strap slightly defect? On the picture there appears some white stitching.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 52hurtz View Post
    MM ratcheting clasp works on the stock bracelet - many here have done the mod.

As I said previously, waffle beats tropic for this watch IMO. The originals that this is based upon used waffles - tropics where the earlier 62MAS style.

For looks, waffle is my current favorite, for comfort, MN gets the nod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the waffle a LOT . . . BUT I like the tropic a LOT MORE! Both have the classic look to them, but the waffle exudes pure sport/tool to me. Something to be worn in recreational and/or athletic applications. It's right at home in that role.

The tropic is also very capable of stepping up to the plate as a recreation strap. But I think it has a certain style to it that also makes it a good strap for the watch in dress casual situations. Unlike the waffle, it can give the appearance of of being jet black in color in the right lighting conditions. As the wrist moves and the strap catches the light at different angles, the tropic can give the appearance of 'color shifting' from that jet black to a charcoal grey. Obviously due to its 'woven' pattern.

It just has a classy look that the waffle can't mimic, IMHO. And I just think it's a more versatile strap for that reason. Of course, YMMV! Cheers!
    boatswain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lipschitz View Post
    Many thanks for your review. Sounds great!

Is the left side of the strap slightly defect? On the picture there appears some white stitching.

Cheers
    There is a variance in the fabric seal - looks like (at least on mine) that there is a factory seal on one side then Erika cut to width and sealed the other side herself. Doesn’t bother me and I don’t notice it unless I really look closely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion I know, but I think it’s much better looking than the Sumo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've never liked the Sumo, it looks ugly to me.
    rcorreale and Aesop Vu like this.

Tell me if I’m crazy. Has anyone else noticed that this crystal gets dirty fast? Coming off a Tudor and Sinn which I can’t recall ever needing to clean as often.

Flat crystal that isn’t recessed from the bezel - I think it comes with the territory.

So just wanted to post this video here, not sure if it's been posted before. The video is in Thai, so not exactly sure what he's saying, but he's showing these watches on the crafter blue strap. Can anyone translate?

https://youtu.be/lWoZBeQ2LU8

Instagram: @rych_watches

Name:  IMG_2169.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  1.59 MB

Back on the blue rubber strap. No more worrying about desk diving scratches for now. Screw down crown still broken but still my favourite watch.
    boatswain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer23 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2169.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  1.59 MB

Back on the blue rubber strap. No more worrying about desk diving scratches for now. Screw down crown still broken but still my favourite watch.
    Used to have the same reference. How did the crown break?

Quote Originally Posted by raheelc View Post
    Used to have the same reference. How did the crown break?

Perhaps just wear and tear. I fiddled around with it sometimes, unlocking and locking it for no real reason so I guess it just gave out. Pretty disappointing because its only two months old but I like the watch way too much to let it go.

Thread Information