Opinion on this strap combo - vintage tan leather and vintage style Seiko SARB031
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By halfapie

Thread: Opinion on this strap combo - vintage tan leather and vintage style Seiko SARB031

Opinion on this strap combo - vintage tan leather and vintage style Seiko SARB031

I recently bought a tan colored vintage style strap (style is vintage, the leather is new), originally intending to use it on my Fortis Flieger. It looks good on the Flieger but I thought it might have other uses.

So I tried this combo. I paired it with the classically styled, hi-dome Seiko SARB031. The SARB031 looks most "at home" with a croco/gator strap, but I think this combo gives it an entirely new look. What do you think?

It is SOOOO VERY comfortable, and I think it looks great, but I am still undecided. I think I just need somebody to tell me that it looks wesome.

By the way the strap is a custom make from jstraps and I have no affiliation except that I am a happy customer.
    My Rotation:
    Hamilton Khaki (2804), Khaki (2824) x3, Linwood (2824), Khaki (7750), Vintage (7750), Vintage Khaki King (2824)
    Fortis Flieger (2824)
    Seiko SCVS015 (6R15), SARB031 (6R15), SKX013 (7S26), SSB003 (6T63), 5M22-6C20, 5M22-6C30
    Tissot Carson (2824), T-Touch Titanium
    Many Self-assembled pieces
    about 100 Casio watches from the 70~90's.

Re: Opinion on this strap combo - vintage tan leather and vintage style Seiko SARB031

Cool combo, I have seen similar combos on old Omegas and Rolex Explorers with a similar strap but the strap was cracked from age. Looked awesome. Your pics remind me of those watches. I say go with it and it will only look cooler as the strap ages.

Regards,

Ren

Re: Opinion on this strap combo - vintage tan leather and vintage style Seiko SARB031

I like it! Tones the watch down and gives it more casual appearance.
    Cheers,
    Josip

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally I prefer that kind of strap on a black dial watch! It is not ugly, but it is not a 100% fit.

I think a white dial watch is better off with black or dark brown leather.

Sent from my iPhone
    Wearing: Omega SMPc black, Seiko "Shogun" SBDC007, Seiko "Grand Cocktail" SDGM003, Seiko "Sumo Blue" SBDC003, Magrette Dual Time, modded Seiko SKX007, Certina DS Caimano, Casio G-shock G7500-V
    Incoming: Tisell Marine Diver

I really like it!
    The tan strap/white face combo is brilliant...I imagine it looks stunning with a pair of jeans and t-shirt...
    Totally takes that watch in a new direction!

I like white/cream faced watch with brown or dark brown leather.
    Little Tim

I think it's awesome! Keep it that way. It's a very vintage look but with a modern twist (because the strap doesn't taper).
    It looks good with the watch and as already stated any white/cream dial looks nice on most shades of tan/brown leather.

Very well proportioned combo. Excellent choice ;)
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Thread Information