Pin/collar alternatives, Nov 2019 edition

Thread: Pin/collar alternatives, Nov 2019 edition

Pin/collar alternatives, Nov 2019 edition

I know this is a thing that comes up around here, but often the answers are of the form "ask person X if they have any" followed by a link to a hobbyist site that may or may not have seen any love in a few years. I'm after current advice (hence the date in the thread title).

I have a couple of pin and collar watches that have thrown pins during wear and haven't been able to find or recover them. One is a Sumo, and I dealt with that with buying a Strapcode super oyster for it. I don't love the Strapcode honestly and would rather go back to the stock bracelet if I can. Now my Orient Pro Saturation Diver has done the same thing, and answers seem to be:

1. Buy a totally different strap for it (not ideal)
    2. Get in touch with Orient, who will charge me $100+ for a new strap if they even still have one (the PSD has been out of production for a few years now)
    3. Source some pins and collars for both watches somehow - could be really hard for the PSD
    4. (3a?) Discover that both watches use Seiko pins and find a source for those
    5. Repair the bracelets for them some other way

People, is 5) an option? I am not a purist about this; I don't intend to sell the PSD on though I might part with the Sumo at some point and a buyer might care a lot about having original pins. Failing 4), is 3) a thing that can be done these days? I live in the UK if that changes anything but I travel to the US fairly often.
    Last edited by CodeFarmer; 1 Week Ago at 17:16.
    Seiko SZSC004 Sumo, SRPD03K1 Samurai, SLA019 Marinemaster
    Orient Professional Saturation Diver
    Glycine Airman SST 24 Pumpkin
    Nixon The Automatic SR (fight me)
    Raketa uh, a couple from the 70s/80s

I used a bent staple one time when I lost a pin (non collar). I eventually found the pin but it worked fine for quite a while.

Re: Pin/collar alternatives, Nov 2019 edition

I’ve heard rumours (don’t know how true they are) that this Orient uses a Seiko bracelet so 4 may be a possibility.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Pin/collar alternatives, Nov 2019 edition

you could also just ask your AD or the manufacturer for extra links. they come with the pins and collars. they used to supply for free to, although I don't know if this is accurate anymore as its been a long time since I've done this.
    I am TacocaT

Thread Information